• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Fp2IXhgagAIGg10

Apparently not, multiple users reporting it

Would be too obviously malignant to limit just to Ukraine flags. Would be unmanageable to broaden to all flags, even just those involved in conflicts like Russia, Israel, Palestine etc...plus Twitter hosts those images, they could just disable them.

Can't buy this right now, it's just too ridiculous.

Reckheim

Seeing some really bad stuff involving Bakhmut on Twitter. I think Ukraine needs to start withdrawing asap...
If they didn't withdraw by now, it's too late to start now.

Based on how fast Russia seems to be advancing now, I think they did allready withdraw a lot of forces

TwinB242

If they didn't withdraw by now, it's too late to start now.

Based on how fast Russia seems to be advancing now, I think they did allready withdraw a lot of forces

That kind of withdrawal would make sense if Ukraine was giving up some ground in the city itself or the the immediate suburbs, but Russia is advancing along the Northwestern flank and is very close to cutting off the forces in the city

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Oh you!!

winnie the pooh love GIF

Silly piece of shit Xi

I'd almost like to see China actually try to help Russia, just to see how bad the sanctions that hit them will affect their economy. Because they are far, far more exposed to western commerce than Russia. And the Chinese economy is a house of cards. You've got to wonder how hard the push needs to be for it to collapse.

sinnergy

Seeing some really bad stuff involving Bakhmut on Twitter. I think Ukraine needs to start withdrawing asap.....
Sadly , you need to hold and deplete Russia as much as possible . It could have went different if the west had send more advanced stuff earlier . It does ease my mind after the politico article that the USA was busy organizing 2 years before the war started , so it seems atleast the west under the USA knows what they are doing . So this could all be according to plan.

I'd almost like to see China actually try to help Russia, just to see how bad the sanctions that hit them will affect their economy. Because they are far, far more exposed to western commerce than Russia. And the Chinese economy is a house of cards. You've got to wonder how hard the push needs to be for it to collapse.
They're basically spending billions propping up their property bubble and the Chinese are already suspicious of their banks, a few nudges here and there and you would imagine all those billions of cunts would start withdrawing money causing a massive run on the banking system and we would see the glorious collapse of the regime, nothing would make me happier than seeing both the Chinese and Russian society's implode

Beanbox

Oh you!!

winnie the pooh love GIF

Silly piece of shit Xi

You mean piece of Xit.

Crazy that it has been a year. The reality is that Putin still has the resources going for a loooong time, but the next round of forces will need broad conscription which will be politically difficult.

Also surprising that this hasnt escalated more. But I guess the reality is that no one wants to step in because Ukraine is being used as fodder to weaken Russia. Convenient for all involved and just need to keep injecting funds and weapons. Even without the nuclear threat I doubt US would intervene militarily.

FunkMiller

Only China is also a threat and giving them land, resource rich land at that, is a terrible idea.

And if we did that, we couldn't, rightfully, sit on our moral high horses.

Oh, it’s a terrible idea. But when have we ever worried about terrible ideas?

Regardless, I see a lot of people thinking this is some way of China opening negotiations with Russia over arms. It’s not that. It’s China pre-empting a vastly weakened Russia that they can exploit.

ssssssssssoooooo basically Russian statue violates the sovereign territory of the USA and the first thing the Russian statue does is attack and assault an UNARMED statue, then despicably kills and decapitates the completely unarmed female statue. Yeah that sounds pretty much on brand for those butchers. I mean can we please get some more tanks into Ukraine so we can end these vile fuckers and get that iron curtain back up.

Top Bottom