• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

sinnergy

Russians need an operational pause, according to Italian intelligence. It’s now time for a Ukrainian counter offensive, involving napalm , and bombers boys!

TwinB242

Russians need an operational pause, according to Italian intelligence. It’s now time for a Ukrainian counter offensive, involving napalm , and bombers boys!

They're about to encircle Bakhmut so they're actually making a substantial amount of progress. The situation in the east is pretty fucked right now.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

For a good understanding of where Russia and China lie in terms of geopolitical power and ambition:

TL, DW: they're both bitches who are terrified of western democracy, but can't line themselves up properly against it due to competing interests. I'd probably be pretty easy for western intelligence to spark off conflict between the two. And for very different reasons, both countries are houses of cards. China will eventually eat Russia alive.

Last edited:

sinnergy

They're about to encircle Bakhmut so they're actually making a substantial amount of progress. The situation in the east is pretty fucked right now.
Yea time to retreat , it’s already scorched land, and bomb the shit out of it . The land they have taken is peanuts compared to Russian loses , idiots .

Last edited:

supernova8

Russia was just attacked with drones? Just saw this on Reddit. Anyone else see this?
Yeah several drone strikes inside Russia all within a few hours of each other it seems.

Ukraine has been doing it more or less since the start of the war.
It appears that Russia has tried not to give it too much attention so that the public doesn't start panicking.

Darius87

Yea time to retreat , it’s already scorched land, and bomb the shit out of it . The land they have taken is peanuts compared to Russian loses , idiots .
best for ukraine is to defend bachmut as long as possible russian loses doesn't matter for putin after bachmut another city will be surrounded like severodonetsk and lysichansk and then bachmut was, it will be easier when western tanks arrive and counteroffensive starts then russians will have to distribute its forces more evenly now best kamikadze zombies are in bachmut.
as far as i know ukrainians send reinforcement today and wan't to hold it as long as possible.

Fx Yes GIF by Atlanta

sinnergy

Russia is yet again going for the more numbers game. You would have thought the world learned by now .. after two world wars 😵‍💫 don’t t give these bastards time … bombs away z

Last edited:
They’re well aware a counter offensive is coming. The west has been pouring more weaponry into Ukraine over the winter, and are now waiting for a change in the weather.

It makes sense. Doing my own research about the territory, seems legit. I mean, there are posters in this very thread that alluded to the same thing. Ukraine has been building up for a major offensive for a few months. China, though... really can complicate matters, should it try to get involved.

China will complicate nothing other than some token gesture of arms, in the next few months once all the heavy weaponry, tanks and other APV's are in place and the front situation has been properly shaped via Himars, Ukraine will begin another massive push break the land bridge with Crimea and eventually retake it

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
China will complicate nothing other than some token gesture of arms, in the next few months once all the heavy weaponry, tanks and other APV's are in place and the front situation has been properly shaped via Himars, Ukraine will begin another massive push break the land bridge with Crimea and eventually retake it

A weakened and dependant Russia is on China's Steam wishlist. If Russia is unable to dig themselves out of their pit in Ukraine, then China might propose an 'unfair treaty' of their own.

Bakhmut stood tall resisting the orc assault for more than 7 months.

Guess it's time to let go of it.
I'm not following this war closely at all except for whatever posts people do in this thread.

But I just googled Bahkmut. It's got no more than 5000 people living there. Google maps shows its a super small town with not even that many streets or neighbourhoods. And Russia is having trouble taking this area over? Wow.

Top Bottom