• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2010 NPD "Results" [Up3: Dead Rising 2, Metroid, Kingdom Hearts Numbers]

Zzoram

November launch definitely boosts sales. A lot of people won't be buying Reach until closer to Xmas, or are waiting to get it as an Xmas gift.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
soundscream said:
O.D.S.T. and Reach while fun games made me realize I prefer playing Halo single player as the Master Chief.
Hmm, yeah I prefer to play as the MC. Reach campaign's is much better than H3's but I would rather control the MC and feel invincible.

Haunted

Interesting tidbit with the New Super Mario Bros Wii inclusion.

Happy sleuthing guys! I guess I'll return to this thread in a couple days and see what people have found out from the various articles. :/

Kifimbo

bigtroyjon said:
I have a feeling the NPD threads will have longer shelf lives as nuggets like this slowly come out over the course of the month.

That's probably what NPD wants. Less data, more NPD references.

1jowf8.jpg

Jive Turkey said:
I was so looking forward to the fanboy war between Kinect and Move.

NPD stole my Christmas. :(

You would never get that. Even if NPD decidied to reveal the numbers for accessories, how would you actually compare them?

Although I guess you could compare software sales, but we'll probably get those anyway.

Boney

Banned
miladesn said:
Yes, so what were usual monthly numbers for NSMW in past few months?
Answer: We don't know!
NSMBWii was 8, so we didn't get numbers. But Galaxy 2 did 193k and number 5 Harry Potter did 140k.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
You would never get that. Even if NPD decidied to reveal the numbers for accessories, how would you actually compare them?

Although I guess you could compare software sales, but we'll probably get those anyway.
Figured we'd have to compare software sales for Move but I thought Kinect would be viewed as its own seperate platform.

X26

Banned
this is like those threads on gamefaqs that feature such topics as " goku vs. cloud, who would win in a fight", with people using the strangest arguments and methods at attaching values to arbitrary things

If NPD wants to fuck us, how about we return to incorrect lolchartz numbers. Soon enough all websites will start using these numbers as standard instead of NPD's. That will teach them.

graywolf323

new NPD definitely sucks ass

wow at Kingdom Hearts beating out Spider-Man, I mean I knew Kingdom Hearts is huge but still this one is on PSP and Spider-Man is on everything :lol

markatisu

This is probably the greatest day in the life of vgchaaaaarrrtttttttttzz as everybody runs there to get their fake numbers fix :lol

MirageDwarf said:
If NPD wants to fuck us, how about we return to incorrect lolchartz numbers. Soon enough all websites will start using these numbers as standard instead of NPD's. That will teach them.

This

Takao

Banned
graywolf323 said:
new NPD definitely sucks ass

wow at Kingdom Hearts beating out Spider-Man, I mean I knew Kingdom Hearts is huge but still this one is on PSP and Spider-Man is on everything :lol

Everything but PSP brother!

Jive Turkey said:
Figured we'd have to compare software sales for Move but I thought Kinect would be viewed as its own seperate platform.

I don't think so. Microsoft might treat it as a whole new platform, but it's not a standalone product.

X26 said:
this is like those threads on gamefaqs that feature such topics as " goku vs. cloud, who would win in a fight", with people using the strangest arguments and methods at attaching values to arbitrary things
Cloud would totally win.

Fredescu

Road said:
"Sony would not disclose how many PlayStations it sold during the month."
So I guess we know were the pressure to stop public HW numbers came from. Not that NPD would need much "pressure" to decrease numbers from the "trough feeders".

Sean

Banned
That's a pretty steep YoY decline for the Wii. It sold 462,800 units last September and 254,000 this year.

I think it's safe to assume Sony did worse if they're refusing to release any numbers.

Wow at 360 almost doubling up the Wii. I would think if the PS3 also beat the Wii Sony would be shouting that from a roof top. Does anyone knoww how accurate the Chartzz numbers usually are?

yankeehater said:
Wow at 360 almost doubling up the Wii. I would think if the PS3 also beat the Wii Sony would be shouting that from a roof top. Does anyone knoww how accurate the Chartzz numbers usually are?

Not very.

Road

For those wondering, NPD said the PS3 is up on the weekly average from last month.

Last month, 4 weeks, 226k total for PS3 means 56.5k weekly average.

This month, 5 weeks at 56.5k means 282.5k.

Welcome to the new era of NPD of hazy mathematics and speculation.

jvm said:
Source is AP, not NPR.
Oh, I didn't notice. Thanks.

Now that we have DS and Wii numbers, at least we know Microsoft wasn't excluding handhelds when they said they were the top selling console.

scently

yankeehater said:

IT BEGINS.

Top Bottom