• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2010 NPD "Results" [Up3: Dead Rising 2, Metroid, Kingdom Hearts Numbers]

knitoe

Guess, from now on, only the top hardware seller will be telling us their numbers. The other two will be hiding in the shadow.

newnpd.gif

Indyana

I have two questions.

1- Move is listed as an accesory but the bundle should be listed as software like Wii Play, right?
2- Why are some skus not listed in the top10?

duckroll said:
Yeah I think NPD threads are not really going to be the same anymore. It's really hard to discuss anything without real numbers. :/
I agree. I was going to argue with you that Super Mario games missing the top ten *could* mean sales > 100k, but *could* prevents any discussion.

So, would Sports Champions sales reflect some of the sales of Move, or are bundled sales not counted?

As for the sort of notable games that failed to chart:

September 7 - HAWX 2 (2 platforms), RUSE (3 platforms)
September 14 - Cabela's North American Adventures (4 platforms), Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (5 platforms), Phantasy Star Portable 2, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
September 21 - Etrian Odyssey III, F1 2010 (3 platforms), New Carnival Games
September 28 - Front Mission Evolved (3 platforms), Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (3 platforms)

No numbers from Civilization V or Final Fantasy XIV, which we might have gotten in the analysis in the old system

Firewire

Banned
GarthVaderUK said:
Reach is apparently the third game this generation to top 3 million US retail sales in its debut month:
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6281962.html

Doesn't sound too bad.

Damn that's impressive. Sorry if I came off like I was trolling or something, for some reason I always thought Halo titles sold like 5 million in the first month. But if it's up there with the rest of them then wow, she hit it out of the park.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Indyana said:
I have two questions.

1- Move is listed as an accesory but the bundle should be listed as software like Wii Play, right?.

It was listed as an accessory according to the NPD commentary. Maybe because there's two pieces of hardware in the bundle to one piece of software, that might have tipped it from software to accessories.

The number one thing I want now in life is to see the NPD group go out of bussiness. This sucks so fucking much. I really think not puttting numbers hurts the industry.

thcsquad

I'm really surprised at Birth by Sleep charting. I remember after Peace Walker didn't chart on the NPDs I took it upon myself to look for the last time a PSP game made it to the NPDs, and it was 2008 or 2007. As far as I'm concerned, this is the biggest news about this month's NPDs.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
GrotesqueBeauty said:
What's the reasoning now that the deal struck between NPD and GAF has pretty much been flushed down the shitter?

I would guess a little thing called lawyers. NPD knows all about neogaf now, there's no such thing as flying under the radar. And even if NPD didn't have a strong case, they could mire the administration in legal hassle anyway.

gofreak said:
I would guess a little thing called lawyers. NPD knows all about neogaf now, there's no such thing as flying under the radar. And even if NPD didn't have a strong case, they could mire the administration in legal hassle anyway.
Balls.

thirty

Banned
wow what a change. with 360s numbers being published tho, that puts them in 1st yet again this month right? what is that now 4 months? 5 months in a row? Not too shabby going into the holidays. With GT5 delayed and 3ds not out until next year MS has the holiday on lock.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
ChoklitReign said:
Dead Rising is the most flawed game of all time. If it had no time limit and the AI didn't commit suicide it would have been good. Go ahead and try to justify it though.

We're talking about Dead Rising 2 here, which you just proved that you haven't played. You clearly have not seen the light, so really I just feel sorry for you.

More than results, this is a thread for mourning. Both for Sales-Age regulars, and for the people that enjoyed their contributions.

Seda

thirty said:
wow what a change. with 360s numbers being published tho, that puts them in 1st yet again this month right? what is that now 4 months? 5 months in a row? Not too shabby going into the holidays. With GT5 delayed and 3ds not out until next year MS has the holiday on lock.

The only reason we have the 360's and Halo's numbers is because MS released them.

Snuggler said:
We're talking about Dead Rising 2 here, which you just proved that you haven't played. You clearly have not seen the light, so really I just feel sorry for you.
Indeed. Easily one of my top 3 games for the year, and I really wasn't expecting it to be all that.

gofreak said:
So if NPD numbers get leaked elsewhere on the 'Net but GAF talks about them or calls attention to them, GAF gets sued and not the leakers?

Makes sense to me.

Top Bottom