• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show me you god damn dogs RIGHT NOW

Kev Kev

243189538_4208818922549818_6606112122303315268_n.jpg

SirTerry-T

Dave_at_Home Dave_at_Home I thought I that looked like a Beagle....I'm guessing that "Beagleness" behaviour is tempered by his stoic German Shepherd genes?
Gorgeous looking dog.
I've had a full pedigree Beagle in the past, lovely dog but he was bloody hard work! I think Beagles are a breed that are better paired with other Beagles rather than an only pet? I may just have had a very naughty dog though...

Dave_at_Home Dave_at_Home I thought I that looked like a Beagle....I'm guessing that "Beagleness" behaviour is tempered by his stoic German Shepherd genes?
Gorgeous looking dog.
I've had a full pedigree Beagle in the past, lovely dog but he was bloody hard work! I think Beagles are a breed that are better paired with other Beagles rather than an only pet? I may just have had a very naughty dog though...
He's an only dog and I think he's okay with that. In fact he doesn't really give a shit about other dogs at all. He's extremely quiet too. So much so that I sometimes forget what his howl sounds like. I would also say he's got a lot of cat like behavior too. Loves people, but more often than not, he chooses when affection is appropriate. Still though, he is absolutely harmless and sweet. Like any beagle, he's smart and mischievous when it comes to food, but selective hearing otherwise. Thankfully he's just content with snacks and going on a few walks. Everybody around town loves him and will always stop me to talk about beagles if they previously owned one.

He has been through a lot since my girlfriend and I adopted him. Poor boy was clearly raised with people (and his litter) early on but was at some point dumped on the side of a highway. We had to treat him for a tick born illness, intestinal worms, and worst of all heartworm. It was a long journey. Took us a little over a month just to get him not terrified of traffic. Now he doesn't give a shit about any traffic. As for him today, he's on a low dose steroid to prevent his immune system from attacking the joint in his wrist. He wasn't that big into playing before all the treatment, although I felt as if we made progress. That's all kind of gone now which is disappointing. Some of that is probably long term steroid related. If we get him off I'm sure it will bounce back. We feed him the right foods and supplements and make sure to exercise him properly. Despite medical setbacks, my good boys spirit is still high.

INC

Had to give up my dog sherlock, since my partner left me, I just don't have the time for him with my job, luckily he's gone to my mums, where he's never alone goes out 2-3 times a day, all woods walks, he's got an amazing life now, far better than I could provide.

I never thought I'd ever have to give up a dog, I hate it, but he's better off.

Sorry for the depressing post lol, good to see some pups tho

Last edited:

clarky

Had to give up my dog sherlock, since my partner left me, I just don't have the time for him with my job, luckily he's gone to my mums, where he's never alone goes out 2-3 times a day, not wood walks, he's got an amazing life now, far better than I could provide.

I never thought I'd ever have to give up a dog, I hate it, but he's better off.

Sorry for the depressing post lol, good to see some pups tho
Can't be helped mate sometimes, you can't see the future. Similar thing happened to me with a divorce years ago as I worked away I couldn't be there for my boxer, shit still cuts me up to this day. Sounds like yours is happy now, at least you still get to see him:messenger_horns:

SirTerry-T

Just as a heads up, if anyone perusing these boards is ever after a dog, please look at your local dog shelters first before handing over hundreds to dog breeders.
Some of these dogs have had really shitty starts in life and deserve some TLC, especially those in their later years.

One of the best in the UK is Many Years animal rescue, had a few dogs from there in the past and they do fantastic work for our four legged friends.

I'm sure some of the user's around here from other parts of the globe could post up their recommendations too?

Last edited:

clarky

Just as a heads up, if anyone perusing these boards is ever after a dog, please look at your local dog shelters first before handing over hundreds to dog breeders.
Some of these dogs have had really shitty starts in life and deserve some TLC, especially those in their later years.

One of the best in the UK is Many Years animal rescue in the U

I'm sure some of the user's around here from other parts of the globe could post up their recommendations too?
Way way too many dogs on that site, heart breaking, dropped a donation for these good people. If I won the lottery I know what i'd be doing with my time.

Dural

Yeah, it can get a little hectic when they start playing. The yard is fenced so I can just let them out when they need to run.

Dural

Gotta nail everything down at ours when they play, I've got 2 x 40kgs of fur rolling around the house like sonic and knuckles.

Ha ha, yep. The fur is the biggest pain. That's why Maisy, the big one, was groomed in that photo. Luckily the two doodles don't shed nearly as much as her, but still, the amount of fur picked up by the vacuum is insane.

clarky

Awesome, not sure of the logistics of making that happen like :messenger_winking_tongue:. Cute AF tho.

(yes im aware of what vets can do these days.....)

Kev Kev

fauci-urgent.jpg

you guys should check this out.

apparently they test on beagles specifically because the are gentle, docile and forgiving. they use the word "forgiving", these mother fuckers. the dr. fauci part is definitely a political spin on it, to get people riled up, but the part that pisses me off is the testing on dogs (and other animals). i dont think we will stop testing on all animals anytime soon, if ever, but exploiting beagles just seems extra wrong.

INC

fauci-urgent.jpg

you guys should check this out.

apparently they test on beagles specifically because the are gentle, docile and forgiving. they use the word "forgiving", these mother fuckers. the dr. fauci part is definitely a political spin on it, to get people riled up, but the part that pisses me off is the testing on dogs (and other animals). i dont think we will stop testing on all animals anytime soon, if ever, but exploiting beagles just seems extra wrong.

Plenty of peados and rapists we could use

Top Bottom