• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

Apparently Majora on 3ds is super duper broken, you can dupe kafei's mask with hot spring water and turn into fierce deity out of majora's battle also you can go to 0th and 4th day.

Sounds like it would be a fun youtube glitch video, looking forward to someone making that.

Velcro Fly

Apparently she got like 8 hours of sleep (timer still running) so it's looking decent that this run will continue. Was at 64% or so last I saw a little bit ago.

SamuraiX-

Speak of the devil, Phil's got another sick run going: http://www.twitch.tv/majinphil

dat birthday swag

HWQH5AG.png

He just nailed the pirate cutscene skips. He used the 3 bomb yolo strat in pirate's fortress too. This shit is insane.

Edit: Holy fuck this run :O

LeleSocho

Banned
Sorry for the double post but apparently Kotaku gave a name to Nero's recent effort...
"Guy breaks super Mario 64 record by accident"

I mean fucking really? "Guy"? "By accident"? Do they even know what the hell are they talking about?

Sorry for the double post but apparently Kotaku gave a name to Nero's recent effort...
"Guy breaks super Mario 64 record by accident"

I mean fucking really? "Guy"? "By accident"? Do they even know what the hell are they talking about?

Just like every other post about speedrunning from every website ever. They always do the "This guy" thing for some reason, but the "by accident" is really stupid

LeleSocho

Banned
"By accident" is straight out offensive, it downplays all the hard work put in playing SM64 and the long story he has with the game, if they were talking about me i would pretty pissed off.

TUSR

Banned
what is up with all the recent Club Penguin 500 coin runs lol

meme

some dude claimed to get the Club Penguin 500 coin record, and some guy beat the time in the reddit comments on r/speedrun. then he further optimized and beat the time.

its dumb.

LeleSocho

Banned
Holy poop FuriousPaul just got 32:06 on Super Castlevania 4.
It's insane that he managed to get from 32:18 to 32:06 in such little time, i think it's safe to say that the game will be in a coma for quite some time.

TUSR

Banned
Holy poop FuriousPaul just got 32:06 on Super Castlevania 4.
It's insane that he managed to get from 32:18 to 32:06 in such little time, i think it's safe to say that the game will be in a coma for quite some time.

thats what we said about cosmo's oot any%

CV4 is one of those speed games where just being one pixel off will kill a good run with all the quick jumps and damage boosts it uses, i'd be bald by now if I tried to run that game.

I'm kind of a week late on this, but man, it still feels weird to me that not only is Siglemic not the world record holder for Mario 64 anymore, but that there are like three or four players who are above his level from the last few years.

Jokab

I'm kind of a week late on this, but man, it still feels weird to me that not only is Siglemic not the world record holder for Mario 64 anymore, but that there are like three or four players who are above his level from the last few years.

Not really surprising considering he hasn't been practicing for 6-12 months or so. He's playing Melee now.

Velcro Fly

It's always a good reminder that no time and no game is ever really dead. New strats and new routes always seem to come along to optimize games.

Not really surprising considering he hasn't been practicing for 6-12 months or so. He's playing Melee now.

Yeah, I mean, it's definitely understandable that he finally got beaten. It just feels weird since he was at the top (and pretty much completely unchallenged) for so long, so now him being pretty much left in the dust (even by one of the people who, if I'm remembering right, was one of his top competitors early on but eventually dropped the game) really drives it home that things have changed. I don't think it's a bad thing or anything, just kind of strange-feeling.

Top Bottom