• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

prag16

Banned
Shit is going to be rough, you guys. We're going to see Han at his most vulnerable (even moreso than when he was blinded in Jabba's prison, moreso than being tended to by Leia post Vader torture) and then we're going to see him get murdered for it.

My wife is a big Harrison Ford and Han Solo fan. Favorite Star Wars character. She will absolutely cry when Han is killed, but worse, it will definitely sour her on the entire movie if she's taken by surprise.

She doesn't really want any spoilers, but I feel like I have to try to prepare her for this somehow...

Can probably offhandedly mention that Harrison Ford and Kasdan wanted Han Solo killed off in Jedi, and that I wouldn't be surprise if something happened in one of these movies (without actually revealing that I know the truth). At least get her slightly mentally ready for it...

Jarmel

Banned
I expect the first time we'll see Kylo unmasked is right before he stabs Han. Just so we can see the anger in his face when he growls the "You're not my dad" line. He'll probably keep it off for a bit but he does have the mask back on in the forest.

Something happens in the duel though for him to take the mask off again. Either Finn gets a glance in and damages the mask or he taunts Kylo enough that Kylo takes it off and goes berserk mode.

I don't know if he looks "on death's door." We can't even see his face. We can see Daisy's, but that face isn't necessarily reflective of his condition as much as it is hers. But he could be. Luke looked pretty fucked up after fighting Vader in Empire.

And Empire was "the dark one" for a very long time - but it was also the funniest one (and still is) - so I think it's still possible this is going to be a pretty emotionally balanced film. Amplified as hell - but balanced.

What makes me think Finn is near dead is the fact that he's not moving at all. Yes the scene is short in the trailer but considering he's not facing Kylo means he's either knocked out or got a super bad wound.

Would be cool as hell though if Kylo used Force Lightning and knocked Finn out that way.

He'll probably keep it off for a bit but he does have the mask back on in the forest.

I don't know that we know that for certain or not. It's hard to tell where certain shots actually fall in the climax based on the really, REALLY short clips we're seeing in the marketing.

My wife is a big Harrison Ford and Han Solo fan. Favorite Star Wars character. She will absolutely cry when Han is killed, but worse, it will definitely sour her on the entire movie if she's taken by surprise.

Maybe. Or maybe Abrams builds to it so that it makes perfect sense. There's a lot of information between Han meeting Rey & Finn, and Han stepping out in front of Kylo that could/should make his decision not seem like a surprise at all. If it's executed well, it shouldn't sour ANYBODY, because it'll fit the story perfectly.

Sorcerer

According to spoilers, he gets attacked by Kylo and then he falls. Depending on whether it's a stab or slash with the lightsaber I guess he could potentially survive.

I'm betting on he's dead for good though.

I'm betting dead, he gets stabbed, falls over a railing, and then the base blows up. Survival possible but unlikely.

I'm betting dead, he gets stabbed, falls over a railing, and then the base blows up. Survival possible but unlikely.

He's not gonna get stabbed and fall over a railing. He's gonna get stabbed and tossed aside. Maybe he gets thrown over a railing. But there is no way that scene ends with anyone having any question as to the fate of Han Solo.

Tookay

Han's exit isn't going to be ambiguous; it's going to be pretty clear that he's gone for good. Ford ain't coming back.

And I doubt he's going to get a shot off or anything on Kylo - he's going to try and reason with his son and his son murders him in cold blood.

prag16

Banned
There's a lot of information between Han meeting Rey & Finn, and Han stepping out in front of Kylo that could/should make his decision not seem like a surprise at all. If it's executed well, it shouldn't sour ANYBODY, because it'll fit the story perfectly.

Eh, but people get attached to characters. No matter how much narrative sense it makes, people are going to be pissed, my wife among them.

Eh, but people get attached to characters. No matter how much narrative sense it makes, people are going to be pissed, my wife among them.

Well, yeah. But bad shit happens to cool characters in lots of stories. Lots of GOOD stories. That's part of why those stories end up being good.

I don't think it's gonna come out of nowhere and shock the shit out of her. If she gets upset the probability is that she's supposed to be, and the movie's doing its job if she feels that way - it's just gotta feel EARNED. I think it's pretty plausible that Abrams/Kasdan figured out a way to do that.

I don't think Rock is dying in Creed, by the way. Not after the second trailer. It looks like he's still in Creed's corner during the climactic fight.

Gotta wait to kill him in the second Creed movie, to spur Creed onto to greater heights.

MattyG

Banned
Well, yeah. But bad shit happens to cool characters in lots of stories. Lots of GOOD stories. That's part of why those stories end up being good.

I don't think it's gonna come out of nowhere and shock the shit out of her. If she gets upset the probability is that she's supposed to be, and the movie's doing its job if she feels that way - it's just gotta feel EARNED. I think it's pretty plausible that Abrams/Kasdan figured out a way to do that.

I don't think Rock is dying in Creed, by the way. Not after the second trailer. It looks like he's still in Creed's corner during the climactic fight.

Gotta wait to kill him in the second Creed movie, to spur Creed onto to greater heights.
Nah, he'll die in Creed IV and Adonis will defeat his ultimate nemesis to avenge Rocky's death.

It's like poetry. Sort of, they rhyme, every stanza kind of rhymes with the last one. Hopefully it'll work.

Do we really

Yeah.

No, the script hasn't leaked. But the shotlist/shooting schedule did. Han Solo appears in no more scenes past the point where he confronts Kylo. There's been other stuff aside from just the shooting schedule/shot list stuff that makes it apparent Han gets cut down by Kylo Ren before Finn & Rey fight him.

It's 100%. He's gone.

FeD.nL

So what's with the talk about Poe being force sensitive? I've seen a few posters mention it around the web. Something was shown in one of the comics or something. Anyone here that knows more?

Poe's mom helps Luke rescue some force sensitive trees on a mission, and he gives her one of them. So people are assuming that because the trees are strong in the force, that Poe will have absorbed some of that via just growing up around it.

It's kind of a leap. Like, Neo's first leap-sized leap.

Jarmel

Banned
Poe might end up being Force Sensitive like Leia is, mainly that it's more of a plot note than anything else. That said he's not going to be using a lightsaber in the films.

Poe's mom helps Luke rescue some force sensitive trees on a mission, and he gives her one of them. So people are assuming that because the trees are strong in the force, that Poe will have absorbed some of that via just growing up around it.

That reminds me of the creatures that blocked the force in the Zahn novels. Both are dumb ideas. I hope it's not in the movie.

munchie64

Actually, wasn't there a rumor that said Kylo not only stabs Han, but actually THROWS HIS BODY away after killing him and saying "You're not my father?"

Shit is going to be rough, you guys. We're going to see Han at his most vulnerable (even moreso than when he was blinded in Jabba's prison, moreso than being tended to by Leia post Vader torture) and then we're going to see him get murdered for it.
If true, people are gonna hate that line.

Han's exit isn't going to be ambiguous; it's going to be pretty clear that he's gone for good. Ford ain't coming back.

And I doubt he's going to get a shot off or anything on Kylo - he's going to try and reason with his son and his son murders him in cold blood.

How can a son do that to his father?

kaiju

Looking like the First Order is gonna wreck this place:

sLDWL9d.jpg

Deadly

Do we have an explanation for Kylo's lightsaber hilt thing? Only thing that annoys me now, how do you even fight with that?

FeD.nL

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up!

I wonder how Han's death will play out. Like, he gets stabbed, but is still alive, and walks backwards over a railing in shock, when he could have been saved by a pissed-off Chewie otherwise. Or, he gets stabbed, falls off a railing, survives, and then a big bridge falls on him. Or he gets stabbed, falls off a railing with a Goofy yell because Disney, survives, a big bridge narrowly misses him, and then one of Chewie's angry blaster shots reflects off of a metal wall and hits Han square in the face. Han is still alive, but with no more face. Kylo tosses a grenade out to help himself escape, but the grenade bounces off the platform and falls on top of Han, right as Han says "This deal is getting worse all the time!" The grenade explodes. After everyone runs out of the base, Han, charred black and with a skeleton face, near indistinguishable from Ford's current face, crawls out of the base after them shouting "Hey, guys I'm still alive! Hey, come back!" And then one of the First Order's ships, falling out of orbit, crashes on him right as he says "Oh, you've GOT to be kidding me." It could be just the right amount of Marvel-esque levity to lighten the scene, right, guys?

I wonder how Han's death will play out. Like, he gets stabbed, but is still alive, and walks backwards over a railing in shock, when he could have been saved by a pissed-off Chewie otherwise. Or, he gets stabbed, falls off a railing, survives, and then a big bridge falls on him. Or he gets stabbed, falls off a railing with a Goofy yell because Disney, survives, a big bridge narrowly misses him, and then one of Chewie's angry blaster shots reflects off of a metal wall and hits Han square in the face. Han is still alive, but with no more face. Kylo tosses a grenade out to help himself escape, but the grenade bounces off the platform and falls on top of Han, right as Han says "This deal is getting worse all the time!" The grenade explodes. After everyone runs out of the base, Han, charred black and with a skeleton face, near indistinguishable from Ford's current face, crawls out of the base after them shouting "Hey, guys I'm still alive! Hey, come back!" And then one of the First Order's ships, falling out of orbit, crashes on him right as he says "Oh, you've GOT to be kidding me." It could be just the right amount of Marvel-esque levity to lighten the scene, right, guys?

Starkiller Base falls on him.

Chewie marries Mara Jade.

ryan299

So is the end lightsaber duel the only one in the film? One of the best parts, perhaps the only one, in the prequels was the saber fights and I want some badass ones in the new films.

Top Bottom