• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bowl LVII - Chiefs vs Eagles @ 4:30PM

j0hnnix

HN2A4KO.jpg

Love it. Won a giant $40 of profits towards my mortgage. lol. Took KC to win straight up.

Among the best games I've seen.

I thought KC was toast after Mahomes tweaked his ankle. Hurts was a one man offence passing and running in for TDs.

But they were too predictable. Philly hardly ran the ball with anyone else. KC picked apart Philly as they spread out the offence. Pacheco ran the ball, various receivers got TDs and Mahomes even did that big run at the end (maybe Mahomes played possum because he looked plenty fast on that play. lol). Kelce did nothing after his TD in the first quarter. Philly focused too much on him. The commentators even said Kelce only had 3 receptions in the second half (at that time, but maybe he had 4).

Last edited:
A few times during the game, they showed a pressbox shot of the KC execs. To our left (to the right of the owner) was this smoking chick. I didn't know the owner's daughter until I just googled it.

Wowza.

gracie-hunt-stuns-wild-super-795269064.jpg

I like how ex NFL player Greg Olsen, who is taught to run cover for the league when announcing, is like "That was a weak call.", and then people who don't watch football are like "He had his hand on his back so it's a penalty".
The play had two mini yanks on the back of his jersey. I'm no football pro, so I dont knw enough to tell if that's a legit call or not during regular season.

But to be fair, Olsen was more like "at this stage of the game, let them play".

His view is the NHL view lots of us hockey fan have. Call the game fair, but at crucial points like: late in the game, OT or playoffs, ease up on the penalty calls.

demigod

I like how ex NFL player Greg Olsen, who is taught to run cover for the league when announcing, is like "That was a weak call.", and then people who don't watch football are like "He had his hand on his back so it's a penalty".

The play had two mini yanks on the back of his jersey. I'm no football pro, so I dont knw enough to tell if that's a legit call or not during regular season.

His view is the NHL view lots of us hockey fan have. Call the game fair, but at crucial points like: late in the game, OT or playoffs, ease up on the penalty calls.
You can’t pull jerseys and pray to get away with it. Plus it was a makeup call for not calling it in the 2nd quarter on drumroll…..against Juju.

The problem with that call is that it happens all the time. If DBs are in press coverage you get that kind of fighting every play. They just don't zoom in on it so the casual fans aren't privy to the frequency.

It's one of the better calls to hold in your back pocket because most viewers just say "Well he did kind of grab him so I guess it's legit."

Greg Olsen earned a ton of respect from me there. He knew it was BS and didn't back down after his play by play man was like "See, there was a bit of a tug, so good call."

Last edited:
People in the america sleep in their beds with shoes on, I'm not even kidding
Im going to assume (I know that's a gamble), people who wear shoes in the house or bed at the very least do it only when the shoes are super clean and they dont track dirt, mud or rain marks all over their floors or beds.

Then again, I'm probably wrong.

demigod

The problem with that call is that it happens all the time. If DBs are in press coverage you get that kind of fighting every play. They just don't zoom in on it so the casual fans aren't privy to the frequency.

It's one of the better calls to hold in your back pocket because most viewers just say "Well he did kind of grab him so I guess it's legit."

Greg Olsen earned a ton of respect from me there. He knew it was BS and didn't back down after his play by play man was like "See, there was a bit of a tug, so good call."

It wasn’t just 1 pull, it was 2. If you wanna talk about rigged at least do it on legit ones. The play where DeVonta Smith missed the ball he got held by the defender and it didn’t get called.

Im going to assume (I know that's a gamble), people who wear shoes in the house or bed at the very least do it only when the shoes are super clean and they dont track dirt, mud or rain marks all over their floors or beds.

Then again, I'm probably wrong.
One time i was sleeping in bed and fell off the bed due to my silk sheets. Us americans like silk sheets. Anyway when i woke up i was on the floor and under my nightstand. I fell off the bed without waking up. Thought that was funny.

Toons

People in the america sleep in their beds with shoes on, I'm not even kidding

Where do yall live lmfao. I was born and raised to take my shoes off when entering a home, even strangers most of the time if they wish. Not Asian either

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I haven't seen the halftime yet and I dont believe you.
It was pretty rough.

Her team confirmed she was preggers after the show so she was really limited in her movement and her dancing. Which for her is pretty crippling because half the draw of Rhianna is the charisma, sex appeal, and the choreography.

Pejo

Just watched the halftime show, missed it earlier. Her voice was still good. I question her decision to do all of that pregnant on a platform 150 feet in the air, but I guess it was fine.

Best halftime in the past decade was still Bruno Mars though.

demigod

Just watched the halftime show, missed it earlier. Her voice was still good. I question her decision to do all of that pregnant on a platform 150 feet in the air, but I guess it was fine.

Best halftime in the past decade was still Bruno Mars though.
That was Coldplay’s halftime though. This is why I said they should’ve had another artist or 2 come in instead of having Rihanna do the whole thing, especially when they’re pregnant. There was like no energy for this halftime show.

Pejo

That was Coldplay’s halftime though. This is why I said they should’ve had another artist or 2 come in instead of having Rihanna do the whole thing, especially when they’re pregnant. There was like no energy for this halftime show.
I meant the full 2014 Bruno Mars show, not the one where he came in for 2016 when Coldplay featured.

But you're right, Red Hot Chili Peppers did a cameo in this halftime too. It's nice to have a few different artists to keep the energy up. Watching Rihanna rub her pregnant belly and crotch for 10 mins wasn't a real fun watch.

demigod

I meant the full 2014 Bruno Mars show, not the one where he came in for 2016 when Coldplay featured.

But you're right, Red Hot Chili Peppers did a cameo in this halftime too. It's nice to have a few different artists to keep the energy up. Watching Rihanna rub her pregnant belly and crotch for 10 mins wasn't a real fun watch.

Ahh ok I didn’t know that. I missed this Super Bowl because I was out of the country at the time. Didn’t bother to rewatch it since the Broncos got spanked hard.

I’m from Missouri and this is huge. I heard a bunch of schools closed today because of the win. That’s something to think about. Schools closing because of a game.

supernova8

A few times during the game, they showed a pressbox shot of the KC execs. To our left (to the right of the owner) was this smoking chick. I didn't know the owner's daughter until I just googled it.

Wowza.

Yeah I just checked out her instagram. What an absolute hottie. She used to be Miss Kansas.

Pagusas

Elden Member
So apparently the extremist are mad/canceling Rihanna now because of her song list, and the fact one of the songs was written by Kanye?

Wowza.

At least pic the right image to share

a7a2240617854c318b1dd0ff8525948e_xl.jpg

Last edited:

drganon

Between this, the previous super bowl win and the two regular season mvps, Mahomes is pretty much a lock for the hall of fame.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Between this, the previous super bowl win and the two regular season mvps, Mahomes is pretty much a lock for the hall of fame.
oh 100%, he's first ballot already. As a Packer fan he's what Aaron Rodgers should have been (had he ever had the team and coach around him like Mahomes does). With this win he stamped his ticket to the HoF, and honestly put himself into the conversation of #2 QB of all time if he can keep up the pace for the remainder of his career (Obviously injury or team disfunction could totally derail this, but he's at least now entering the conversation as the next Tom Brady).

drganon

oh 100%, he's first ballot already. As a Packer fan he's what Aaron Rodgers should have been (had he ever had the team and coach around him like Mahomes does). With this win he stamped his ticket to the HoF, and honestly put himself into the conversation of #2 QB of all time if he can keep up the pace for the remainder of his career (Obviously injury or team disfunction could totally derail this, but he's at least now entering the conversation as the next Tom Brady).
As a panthers fan, I'm just hoping we don't waste another year with another teams discarded qb.

Top Bottom