• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Perkel

Banned
This guy either:

1. actually enjoys videogames
  2. is way better than everyone else in the industry at pretending to

or he is just normal dude like us who isn't corrupted by industry or being "gaming journalist" (giving them right to not be consumer)

TrutaS

Pleasant watch. At least he doesn't seem to be the media guy who can't think about anything other than his precious iphone.

Haunted

There's an inherent tendency to dislike the guy because so many others are calling him likable.

But fuck, he's a likable guy.

sappyday

I expected this actually be a dip in quality and that he got really lucky in the other two videos but he really has a natural likeness to him and everything he says makes sense and is genuine. He's actually better than most youtubers that try hard to be against the industry.

StuBurns

Banned
I really liked the other one he did, and this was cool too, but I hope he tones it down just a little. The first one was so good because it was just an articulate perspective, this had a bit more direct humour which I don't think worked so well. Either way, pretty cool.

demidar

I pretty much agree with all of his points, and all presented in a very quirky and humourous way. Especially the point about doing something different. Sure, the first time I laid eyes on Gears of War I was surprised at how good it looked, but what really captured my attention was Dead Rising. It was something that was completely new and looked, you know, fun.

FinKL

Who is this guy? He just sort of came out of nowhere. Did he have a job in the industry before this?

Kyle Bosman, I think he's a comedian. Probably has a hobby/passion for video games so the comedian/likable presentation just rubs off. That's my guess

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New Episode.

2013-03-2722_18_01-gaffeul.png

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/7u16q6/the-final-bosman-lazy-rich-people-are-ruining-games

sueil

Great episode and he brought up some good points. Incredibly likable guy to go with the points he is making makes this show a must watch for me.

Tuck

Really enjoyed this episode. Made some great points about how microtransactions do in fact affect game design.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
He missed a huge one though... I mean he made an okay case for how they (microtransactions) affect game design... but the stuff like Battlefield "progression" real money unlocks is something I think could have strengthened it.

Instead of giving players stuff they need (essential kit items even!) they lock them behind a fucking obnoxious grind-time wall. Every single fucking weapon need to have every single fucking attachment unlocked individually, every single fucking time. And vehicles. And squad perks. And kit items.

The amount of time (hundreds of hours) all of this shit is walled up and locked behind is just ridiculous. Unless you pay for it, of course.

Smh. Douchebags design these games, man. Douchebags.

$60 for the game, and then $60 for premium wasn't enough for them. These greedy cunts had to design the most obnoxious unlock scheme in the history of FPS just to press new players, or people with lives and families, jobs, responsibilities, to buy all this overpriced stuff to be able to compete.

It's slimey.

Good episode. Didn't think his points were as strong as the previous two, but still brought up key issues that are affecting games negatively, and was entertaining to boot. The Master Sword bit killed me.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Great episode as always! He missed one point which has been said by Evolved.

Hope this continues!

Haha I like how his room gets something new in it each time. Like the Civilization II throne room. Next up, a new desk!

By episode 50 he's going to be in a studio apartment.

NeededSleep

Yay! Really enjoyed his commentary after the Ps4 confrence, thanks for reminding me to fallow up to see if he got his show.

Top Bottom