• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

totowhoa

Banned
Fantastic episode. This guy is just very likable and well articulated. After the last episode went up, I was hoping that he would break up the pacing a bit with a new format. This might have been my favorite episode actually

Seda

I remember playing a Nascar game around that time and I just turned around and went through the track backwards and tried to crash with as many cars as possible.

Good episode.

His Mass Effect story reminds me of something incredible in one of the later Star Wars Battlefront games. I only played the single player and some split-screen co-op - but there was this one planet - I think it was Bespin, the gas giant - and something about playing through that level was just annoying as hell, I forget. Me and my buddies loathed it whenever it would show up in rotation.

Well, one day I realized that in the strategic story mode, as the Imperials you could select a planet on the map to wipe out with the Death Star. Holy shit, you better know I took that option right away and blew Bespin into... even more dispersed gas, or whatever. The point is, the game allowed me to fucking destroy the one part of the game I never enjoyed.

Ever since that moment I've wished all games had something similar. There's almost always a level or mission or a set piece in an otherwise great game that just saps the fun out of things. And every one of those times I wished I had my own little pocket death star to obliterate it. To say "fuck this one area in particular".

I owned Moto Racer way back in the day for my Windows 98 PC. I remember the game being bundled with like 5 other PC games made by EA as well as a Gravis imitation PS1 control pad. I was so shocked at how smooth the game looked running on my old Geforce 256 at the time. I don't think the PC version had the hoverboard cheat at all, instead it had a "minibike" cheat, instead.

This guy talks about his dad bringing home PS1 games.... I still remember the days when my dad would bring home boxes full of Atari 2600 games way back in like 1986 when all stores were discounting them to $4.99 a game just to get rid of their inventories.

wildfire

Banned
Old games are good games. - Bosman
tumblr_mfn665rYfg1rqt353o1_500.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
I wonder why there's that title card saying his opinions are wrong and whatnot.

he makes well enunciated, easily agreeable arguments.

Mariolee

That was fantastic. I think the vid deserves it's own thread; it's too hidden in here.

Seriously, although I get that it's supposed to mirror the old title, I think it's hard to search up "Final Bosman" on Neogaf when it's not even in the thread title.

That being said, I totally related to his story about his dad bringing home games. I remember when my dad brought home fucking Pokemon Channel, and although it was kinda cruddy I was so excited just because he brought it.

I thought by "likeable GT guy," I thought you were talking about the guy that does the narrations for their reviews and shows and shit.

I am disappointed.

Another great episode.

Something I wasn't clear on. The Walking Dead clip, was that meant to be included in the "games where your decisions only affect how badass you are" statement? Even if many of your choices do sort of "course-correct" themselves after a couple episodes as the game mainly follows one line, they still cause some major ripples with other characters and the overall story.

El-Suave

The question the episode was about was a bit rhetorical, and that's certainly a trap for this kind of format, but other than that it was great as usual.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
New episode was great, lol @ the ending. I'm really glad Naught Dog stuck to their guns and kept Ellie on the cover of The Last of Us.

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh who wouldn't side with naughty dog on this (I didn't even think it was contested)?

one can understand bio infinite's point but it's still impossible to agree with from an "art" perspective, as justified as it may be, it's just selling out to get the attention of cod players...

Arksy

This guy continually delivers. So glad he's being moved to a weekly slot.

No mention of the desk this time. Hope it comes up again at some point.

kuroshiki

Man, people really choose that 'alternative' box art for bioshock infinite?

You guys have absolutely no aesthetic taste at all.

Lunar15

I feel like he's taking fairly obvious subjects, but he's providing such rational explanations and giving a fair take on the whole issue. He's not just sitting there and saying "well, that's wrong."

I lol'd at the "YOU'RE NOT NORMAL, YOU GO TO IGN.COM"

jett

D-Member
Great to see this guy moving on to a weekly spot.

Man, people really choose that 'alternative' box art for bioshock infinite?

You guys have absolutely no aesthetic taste at all.

All of the choices Irrational gave us were awful. They didn't give a fuck.

Top Bottom