• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I coming to PC on March 3rd

Draugoth

FjgBR-xVUAMSf2h

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sony Employee: Mr Ryan we are in last month of the year and second year of the PS5, we've had no events or big game announcement for over 12 months as we've been focused on PC ports as you ordered.
what should we show at the game awards?

Jim Ryan: How about....some more PC ports?
jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Last edited:

Doom85

So am I correct in that the original PS4 version never came to PC? So this has been quite the wait. Well, for the PC-only users among us, I hope you love the game as much as I and so many others do!

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Eddie-Griffin

Cancer the womens baby so we can pregnant the panda, we are looking for igloos tonight Are you sexy?
At this point, why the fuck doesn't Sony just exit the hardware business entirely and just focus on making software for its competitors?

How is this any different than what Microsoft is doing?

Poppyseed

At this point, why the fuck doesn't Sony just exit the hardware business entirely and just focus on making software for its competitors?
PS5 owners got TLOU Remake what.... 7 months earlier? And the original many years before that. It makes no difference...

Arsic

The only PS5 game I would want to double dip for is Gran Turismo 7. A PC version would benefit greatly.

Last of us 1 I would get at $20 or less on PC. Played through the game on all difficulties and this remake is not necessary unless you somehow haven’t played it yet since release.

sn0man

I’m not that worried about PC folks getting access to this game. I just personally feel closed platforms like consoles should have exclusives or they lack differentiation.

This isn’t a Sony thing either. When MS released most of their games on PC, it made the value of the Xbox less in my eyes as someone with a gaming PC.

So am I correct in that the original PS4 version never came to PC? So this has been quite the wait. Well, for the PC-only users among us, I hope you love the game as much as I and so many others do!

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC
Heck… not even the underperforming PS3 version.

Kataploom

I say the same thing.
Do you have a mid end PC or above? Or would you rather spend $800-$900 to play the game at same out slightly above quality level then a $550 console of you had none?

They are offering choices, having the game not to be exclusive is not a bad thing, you should be happy they're having another revenue sources so they'll have healthier business and keep making good games.

I'll finally have a chance to play it, so I'm good with more ports, keep them coming!

Releasing only 6 months after PS5 launch. The gap is squeezing fast. This is coming from the UC Collection which was only a 10 month gap.

With Sony's GAAS games being day one on PC, it looks like Sony's SP games will be day one too soon. Just give it a bit of time as they slowly close the gap. They still got lots of PC ports to go like GT, R&C, DS etc.... As soon as most of those are ported later in 2023 (Returnal is early 2023 and LOU is March 3, so it leaves a giant blank slate for rest of year), day one SP games will come soon after.

If not day one, then the time gap will be short. 6 months tops. For PC gamers, just wait it out. The time gap is getting smaller, and GAAS are already day one.

DForce

Releasing only 6 months after PS5 launch. The gap is squeezing fast. This is coming from the UC Collection which was only a 10 month gap.

With Sony's GAAS games being day one on PC, it looks like Sony's SP games will be day one too soon. Just give it a bit of time as they slowly close the gap. They still got lots of PC ports to go like GT, R&C, DS etc.... As soon as most of those are ported later in 2023 (Returnal is early 2023 and LOU is March 3, so it leaves a giant blank slate for rest of year), day one SP games will come soon after.

If not day one, then the time gap will be short. 6 months tops. For PC gamers, just wait it out. The time gap is getting smaller, and GAAS are already day one.
It's literally an old game and that's the likely reason why it's releasing soon on PC.

GaaS are completely different because they need a huge player base.

Horizon, God of War, Gran Turismo 7 don't have a PC announcement just yet, and neither does Demon's Souls.

Top Bottom