• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I coming to PC on March 3rd

Midn1ght

The problem isn't with the porting.
It's the lack of anything else other then PC ports since their last Showcase over a year ago.
This would be understandable at the end of the generation before they release their NextGen console.
Not in the second year of their NextGen console.
The second year is always a big year for game announcements for a console.
Not for PS5.
With no Showcase, Outside of a Controller, PSVR2 and TLOUPT1 Sony has announced nothing for their Flagship platform from their first party studios since September 21 and the only thing they have consistently announced this year is ports.
It is a little bit concerning.
Isn't it something widespread across the industry though? Look at Microsoft this year.
Big games take years and years to make and with probably a lot of devs still working from home, they probably don't have much to show.

Though I'll agree that their communication has been sub-par this gen. They basically send Sackboy to die on PC with barely any marketing and are leaving console players wondering what's next. I wouldn't worry to much though, we know they have many games currently in development, maybe saving it all for E3 next year and deliver a Sony E3 2015 all over again.

Reactions: TGO

[Sigma]

Charged their own base $70, sat around bullshitting trying to justify it only to turn around not even a year's time and give PC folks a discount lol.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

GT7 will come.

Sony will announce more games next year to fill in Q2, Q3, Q4. Right now only LOU and Returnal are set for Q1 (assuming Returnal is also somewhere in Q1). It's not like their massive list of GAAS being worked on are ready for 2023 except maybe Factions 2.

They got a lot of dead space after Q1. And going by their recent trend they dont leave empty space for PC ports. The chances of Q2-Q4 having zero PC ports is low.

They should also release MLB The Show on PC day one. No reason not to do that now that it's multiplat. It's free money for them.

OverHeat

Membre Exceptionnel
sUXOuOu.png

Ogbert

As an aside, just finished TloU Part2. Picked up a new OLED tv and the incredible visuals helped drag me through the game.

I get why people enjoy the game now. It's still not for me, but it's very impressive. The gameplay is completely stage managed; when it works it is very well done, but it's hugely linear. It feels like a very old game in that way.

Also, the Abby stuff didn't annoy me too much, although the game does drag; about five hours too long, if not more.

ChiefDada

Interesting that they used PS5 footage for PC trailer. I think people will be surprised by PC spec requirements.

ACESHIGH

Banned
It's odd that the game has no listed specs but you can buy it while returnal has specs but you cannot.

Judging from Sony's track record with PC ports I will wait until PC performance analyses are uploaded.

GametimeUK

Sackboy stutter was fixed after 2 weeks, just saying.

That's good to hear if it's true. Shame about all the other games lately that are stuttering messes on PC. Definitely good to keep a PS5 around for those situations which is actually really common at the moment.

GT7 will come.

Sony will announce more games next year to fill in Q2, Q3, Q4. Right now only LOU and Returnal are set for Q1 (assuming Returnal is also somewhere in Q1). It's not like their massive list of GAAS being worked on are ready for 2023 except maybe Factions 2.

They got a lot of dead space after Q1. And going by their recent trend they dont leave empty space for PC ports. The chances of Q2-Q4 having zero PC ports is low.
I don't know, I think there's a few I.P that will never make it over to pc.

Mind you, I was absolutely convinced Sony would never port Spiderman or The Last of Us to pc, so what do I know?

It's dumb, but im glad. The PS5 cant even run the game at native 4k 40 fps. My 3080 should do native 4k 60 fps just fine.

hope they switch to day one so i can sell my ps5.

I struggle to get 4K 60 in Cyberpunk on my 3080.
Next gen games will require more than a 3080 on PC if you want native 4k 60.

For people with who don't have thousands of dollars lying around to spunk on a beastly rig, a next gen console is a fine cheaper alternative.

Last edited:

Supple

I struggle to get 4K 60 in Cyberpunk on my 3080.
Next gen games will require more than a 3080 on PC if you want native 4k 60.

For people with who don't have thousands of dollars lying around to spunk on a beastly rig, a next gen console is a fine cheaper alternative.

You must be bad with computers. I consistently get 60fps+ at 4k with my 3080 and i7 9700k on my 55" LG CX. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On a side note, I love my PS5 and don't mind double-dipping on PC ports of PS5 games for cheap years later.

Last edited:

OverHeat

Membre Exceptionnel
You must be bad with computers. I consistently get 60fps+ at 4k with my 3080 and i7 9700k on my 55" LG CX. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On a side note, I love my PS5 and don't mind double-dipping on PC ports of PS5 games for cheap years later.
Your not getting native 4K…DLSS is NOT native

Last edited:

rofif

No you don’t.
Unless you play on reduced settings and or low dlss. 2077 is very heavy. I had to lock it to 30 on release on 3080 if I wanted psycho graphics

So the real "remake" is coming soon. Come on modders lol

Gonna try this on pc for sure. One of my favorite games.

Last edited:

Denton

I personally think it is just scummy that they are making these announcements AFTER the console comes out. This is the same shit microsoft did last gen and I lambasted them for it. If this was the plan since the beginning, why not be honest from the start?
Wasn't the TLOU 1 remake announced for both PS5 and PC right from the start? I am pretty sure it was.

Rockstar is scummy with their "we pretend PC does not exist at all in this universe for a year after release of console versions" assholery.

Judging from Sony's track record with PC ports I will wait until PC performance analyses are uploaded.

Sony's track record with PC ports is pretty stellar, apart from stutter on Sackboy (fixed in few days) and some early Horizon issues. God of War, Uncharted, Spidey and Miles, Days Gone - all among the best PC ports ever created.

Last edited:

John Wick

At this point, why the fuck doesn't Sony just exit the hardware business entirely and just focus on making software for its competitors?
Why because they released a game that the majority of PS fans have already played. It makes no financial sense to hold this game back.

John Wick

That was a bit too fast. I know that after the initial sales PS5 version slowed down, but surely Sony could have gotten more sales out of it before announcing this version?
You don't half come out with some stupid takes don't you?
This game has been played to death by PS fans. It makes financial sense to get this released as the Series will debut soon. PS fans can still buy on console or PC. This game didn't set the world on fire in the sales department.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I personally think it is just scummy that they are making these announcements AFTER the console comes out. This is the same shit microsoft did last gen and I lambasted them for it. If this was the plan since the beginning, why not be honest from the start?

What difference does it make? Were you going to drop bigger money on a PC build if you knew beforehand?

The majority of your big console games started on PC. You don’t see PC users crying that you get to play PC franchises like Witcher, Baldur’s Gate, Diablo, Doom, Elder Scrolls, Crysis, CoD, Quake, Max Payne, PUBG, etc.

Last edited:

Eddie-Griffin

Cancer the womens baby so we can pregnant the panda, we are looking for igloos tonight Are you sexy?
You don't half come out with some stupid takes don't you?
This game has been played to death by PS fans. It makes financial sense to get this released as the Series will debut soon. PS fans can still buy on console or PC. This game didn't set the world on fire in the sales department.

It makes financial sense to milk from the new PS5 base and then put it on PC.

Jaybe

Pretty brilliant launching this on PC March 3rd when the TV series will be in peak hype closing in on its final two episodes

• The Last of Us episode 1 - January 15, 2023 at 9:00 pm ET.
  • The Last of Us episode 2 - January 22, 2023 at 9:00 pm ET.
  • The Last of Us episode 3 - January 29, 2023 at 9:00 pm ET.
  • The Last of Us episode 4 - February 5, 2023 at 9:00 pm ET.
  • The Last of Us episode 5 - February 12, 2023 at 9:00 pm ET.
  • The Last of Us episode 6 - February 19, 2023 at 9:00 pm ET.
  • The Last of Us episode 7 - February 26, 2023 at 9:00 pm ET.
  • The Last of Us episode 8 - March 5, 2023 at 9:00 pm ET.
  • The Last of Us episode 9 - March 12, 2023 at 9:00 pm ET.

It's probably been mentioned in this thread, so apologies if I missed it, but is Nixxes handling this port and others for Sony? Recall Sony bought them not too long ago to focus on PC ports

Umbasaborne

The problem isn't with the porting.
It's the lack of anything else other then PC ports since their last Showcase over a year ago.
This would be understandable at the end of the generation before they release their NextGen console.
Not in the second year of their NextGen console.
The second year is always a big year for game announcements for a console.
Not for PS5.
With no Showcase, Outside of a Controller, PSVR2 and TLOUPT1 Sony has announced nothing for their Flagship platform from their first party studios since September 21 and the only thing they have consistently announced this year is ports.
It is a little bit concerning.
You nailed it. I like pc ports because i have a pc, but it really feels like sony is just spinning their wheels at this point. There first party support on ps5 has not lived up to expectations

Ozriel

I expect around 100k first day peak on steam, what do you guys think?

We’ve seen from history that there’s a decent overlap between PC players and console players. and TLOU’s been out for quite a while.

probably the 60 -70k range, boosted by the TV show.

Topher

You nailed it. I like pc ports because i have a pc, but it really feels like sony is just spinning their wheels at this point. There first party support on ps5 has not lived up to expectations

How? In the last year, PS got HFW, GT 7 and God of War R. Year before, Ratch and Clank and Returnal. Before that, Spider-man: MM and Astro's Playroom. If those games are not to your liking then that is one thing, but I don't see how anyone can look at that output and say Sony has been spinning their wheels.

Top Bottom