• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I coming to PC on March 3rd

It's literally an old game and that's the likely reason why it's releasing soon on PC.

GaaS are completely different because they need a huge player base.

Horizon, God of War, Gran Turismo 7 don't have a PC announcement just yet, and neither does Demon's Souls.
True, but one would assume all but GT7 are eventually a foregone conclusion.

True, but one would assume all but GT7 are eventually a foregone conclusion.
GT7 will come.

Sony will announce more games next year to fill in Q2, Q3, Q4. Right now only LOU and Returnal are set for Q1 (assuming Returnal is also somewhere in Q1). It's not like their massive list of GAAS being worked on are ready for 2023 except maybe Factions 2.

They got a lot of dead space after Q1. And going by their recent trend they dont leave empty space for PC ports. The chances of Q2-Q4 having zero PC ports is low.

By the way, for you Canucks who havent played the game yet and are deciding whether to go PC or PS5, Steam has it for $20 cheaper than PS5 version ($70 vs $90).

Wow, earlier than expected. OK ill continue to hold out and try pick it up cheap on either pc or ps5...

Infact this can be my start to collecting the last of us on pc for my beast and steamdeck playthrough.

Bet its going to look insane.

Wow, earlier than expected. OK ill continue to hold out and try pick it up cheap on either pc or ps5...

Infact this can be my start to collecting the last of us on pc for my beast and steamdeck playthrough.

Bet its going to look insane.
By the time it comes out for PC, you'll have a choice already for saving a few bucks.

The Steam version regular price is already cheaper than PS5. And by that time, the PS5 version might have a deal price too.

Aggelos

Any PC specific enhancements?

Nada, as of now.

"We were so honored by the reception of The Last of Us Part I when it debuted on the PS5 earlier this year, and we can’t wait to welcome new and returning players on Joel and Ellie’s unforgettable adventure, newly optimized and enhanced for PC. We’ll have more information about The Last of Us Part I’s PC specs and features closer to release, so please look forward to more ahead of the March launch."

Last edited:
There is nothing funnier and yet sadder than salty sony fanboys whining about more people being able to play games from sony

I personally think it is just scummy that they are making these announcements AFTER the console comes out. This is the same shit microsoft did last gen and I lambasted them for it. If this was the plan since the beginning, why not be honest from the start?

Is this "part 1" as in the first game, or did they divide the first game up into three separate games now

I think they rebranded the remake as part 1, just because the second game is called part 2.
Og game on ps3 didnt have this suffix and neither did the ps4 port.

Nada, as of now.

"We were so honored by the reception of The Last of Us Part I when it debuted on the PS5 earlier this year, and we can’t wait to welcome new and returning players on Joel and Ellie’s unforgettable adventure, newly optimized and enhanced for PC. We’ll have more information about The Last of Us Part I’s PC specs and features closer to release, so please look forward to more ahead of the March launch."

Preordered. I know what to expect.

Whitecrow

Why do you have a ps5? Do you remember how awful Uncharted ports where?
That's why you have a console. Games work there. On PC it's a lottery.

GT7 will come.

Sony will announce more games next year to fill in Q2, Q3, Q4. Right now only LOU and Returnal are set for Q1 (assuming Returnal is also somewhere in Q1). It's not like their massive list of GAAS being worked on are ready for 2023 except maybe Factions 2.

They got a lot of dead space after Q1. And going by their recent trend they dont leave empty space for PC ports. The chances of Q2-Q4 having zero PC ports is low.

What we know from them

LOU P1 PC
Returnal PC
Naughty Dog MP Title
MLB The Show (annual release) - Should see an announcement relatively soon as to whether this will come for PC.
Spider-Man 2
Horizon DLC
Horizon Call of the Mountain

What's funny is this isn't a small list for most publishers, but we're all expecting like 3-4x this number of games. Perhaps we should brace ourselves a bit., but I do agree with you. I think we're going to see by far the most PC games ever released from Sony in 2023.

skneogaf

I'm quite annoyed as I was waiting for the pc version but we hadn't heard anything for so long so I bought it on the recent black friday sale on playstation store.

I'll wait till £20 in a few years then, same as God of war pc version.

My 4090 was hoping to flex its little legs on it!

Fake

Part 1 really don't sell so well for being at PC so quick.

Anw, lets see how the quality of this port will be.

TrebleShot

Everyone forget their stupid pills this morning?
Game was announced originally with a PC version for a later date.

FW , GT7, GOWR ANY new PS5 game will come to PC in 2 years.

Just like Returnal.

Anyway. Question, DS features can be used wireless?

FunkMiller

Well, I'll be waiting to play this on a steam sale then. I was just about to drop £40-50 on it on Ps5, but no point doing that now.

Sanepar

I said Sony will bring 6 games in 2023. But now I believe in 8 games. I think we will get gt7, ds, ratchet, horizon, gow ragnarok and tlou mp besides the 2 already coming in 2023.

Kvally

In before "this game doesn't matter...."

Why are people whining or even bragging that a remake of an almost 10 year old game is making its way to PC lol
Taken a while. Will anyone care by then? The original came out in 2013...
PS5 owners got TLOU Remake what.... 7 months earlier? And the original many years before that. It makes no difference...
The original game was release almost a decade ago. lol
Everyone who's ever wanted to play it on console has, and multiple times. Nothing left to milk there.

oh...too late 😎

In before "this game doesn't matter...."

oh...too late 😎

Vine Ok GIF

Smiggs

I knew I shouldn't have bought the PS5 version, but I cannot wait to play this thing with a mouse/keyboard and not feel like a drunk ogre aiming with a controller.

Warnen

Can he swing from a thread? Take a look overhead / Hey, there, there goes the Spider-Man
Right between destiny light fall and new Star Wars. Yeah I can wait for sale but dam nice to see that port window getting so short.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't get it bro.

The game coming to PC doesn't affect PS users in any way. In fact, in the case of multiplayer games, it expands the userbase.

Not getting the negativity on PS exclusives coming to PC.

Oh by the way:

e8941152954d14889a7ff6a2a2c6ab167696a52b.gifv
The problem isn't with the porting.
It's the lack of anything else other then PC ports since their last Showcase over a year ago.
This would be understandable at the end of the generation before they release their NextGen console.
Not in the second year of their NextGen console.
The second year is always a big year for game announcements for a console.
Not for PS5.
With no Showcase, Outside of a Controller, PSVR2 and TLOUPT1 Sony has announced nothing for their Flagship platform from their first party studios since September 21 and the only thing they have consistently announced this year is ports.
It is a little bit concerning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom