• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

I knoooow its a little late but - backdodge his teleport slash attack, and your flurry will always bop im, usually you can knock him to the floor and pulverize him. Just keeping your shield up during his teleport attack is also safe since he just hits the shield.
I fortunately figured out it was backflip before he hurt me too bad (I tried parry too many times like an idiot lol) but then for the rest I had a full rubber suit so I could have a totally chill time figuring out what to do.
Still miss the old huge monster bosses of other Zeldas...

It was really the trolly-ass dungeon that bothered me more. Stupid trial and error bullshit of changing something and then running around looking every possible direction and pathway and repeat until a configuration happens to be the correct change that opens something new. That is NOT a puzzle. It is just pure obstruction exploiting your limited viewpoint for examining things to collect data and thus wasting your time. A lot of people had trouble with OoT water dungeon but it was nothing nearly as bullshit as this.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Finally got this game today! Haven't really played it. Gonna wait until I'm done Horizon so I can focus on it 100%. Only loaded it up to see what it was like playing on the Wii U gamepad screen and to test my Pro controller. I bought a used Wii U just to play this game. I only went as far as Link waking up so basically as soon as you get control of him. Really like Zelda's voice.

Yall know those little stumps with the korok leaf symbol imprinted on them? What am I supposed to do after I active them? I'm 80+ hours into the game and still have no idea.

Sometimes targets appear for you to shoot.

Sometimes a big yellow ring appears and you have to get there before it vanishes.

It depends on the puzzle.

JasonMCG

Here we go. It's not explicitly said, but I think it's pretty obvious. Kinda like the Iwata NPC.
1WZSvoj.png

I've beat 3 of the Divine Beast and only have the one in the
dessert
left.

For whatever reason, I just can't wrap my brain around what's going on here. I got two of the stations, but the other three, I don't even feel close.

I see the green beam I can line up along the ceiling, which leads to 4 "power switch" things that I can move a little bit. But I don't understand what I'm supposed to be doing.

Any hints?

Did anyone else have trouble with this Divine Beast above the others?

This was my first divine beast. Just when I thought I was done with Zelda's headache giving puzzles, this one got me.
I was able to get 4 before giving up and reading an article that just said to do 1 small thing and I got it.
Don't feel bad if you have to google it. It's pretty dumb imo almost like trying to find places to reach in this one.

random25

I have explored just about every part of Hyrule Castle, and I still can't find the memory location there. All I got was the Hylian Shield, a shrine and Korok seeds (what the hell are they doing there lol). Seems I'm lost lol.

HOLY SHIT! This is Godzilla vs. King Kong in Zelda form.

This is now my second favorite game of all-time; the amount of surprises is staggering. Last night I found the Robin Williams NPC, and I actually got a little misty-eyed.

Hold the phone. What is it again?

Kaban

Finally started playing this over the weekend, but didn't start exploring outside the plateau until last night. Tried going to Ganon's castle and found myself hopelessly outmatched. Made my way out to Kakariko village instead.

The amount of shit that happens in this game is staggering. Every aspect of the environment invites you to explore it. Encountered my first
Lynel
and while a lot of fun to fight, I ended up
using almost all of my weapons and shields... and I was about halfway through its health before I got Game Over. Tough son of a bitch.

Really enjoying it so far, although I would say I'm more overwhelmed than anything. Just have to take my time with it :)

Poyunch

I like that this is a thing. A lot of times animals in games would be interacting with one another but then as soon as you enter their zone they enter a script and only focus on you.

I mean, the Guardian still eventually attacks Link but that makes more sense lore-wise and as soon as the Stone Talus attacks, the Guardian goes back to fighting it.

Dice

So thinking about it, those guardian lasers really can't beat Hylian stone, and they take several seconds just to fire once, so how did they ever defeat the Gorons?

Timeaisis

thunder
blight
ganon

uhhhh

tumblr_oks05z8izy1ufpqbjo1_400.gif

I wasn't ready for that difficulty spike lol

Well, 3rd dungeon done at least.

Almost a broken pro controller later lol

If you know the parry timing it's super easy.

Hebra has a lot of shrines. In some regions there are shrines close to each other. Some
shrine quests you may have done already without getting the quest itself.

A few are hidden in mountains where you have to find an entrance.

Yeah, did a lot of Hebra exploring last night. Think I cleaned most of them out. Got the one
behind the giant door, at least.

Any other regions that are surprisingly shrine filled I may have missed? I don't think I found too many in the
southeast

bronson

Ha, thanks for linking my Twitter. Been having a lot of fun messing around in this game.

Hey, this guy is my friend. I feel famous by proxy.
You have always been famous in my heart

Where are people finding that Zelda concept art?
Grabbed it from Nintendo's official Zelda documentaries. Here's one part:

https://youtu.be/T3CsGbtifZI?t=2m28s

Rerembered that my game came with a badge, was still in the bottom of the juffy bag the game arrived in

The case for the badge looks strangely nice, with a gold embossed LoZ logo

Peltz

75 Hours and I have done 1 Divine Beast, 65 Shrines and found 128 Seeds.

75 Hours....

I swear, time speeds up when you play this game. I'll sit down to play and explore some of world thinking a hour has passed when suddenly I look up and it's already 3 hours later.

16BitNova

This game is amazing. It has reminded me why i love videogames so much. You know its funny usually open world games get frustrating for me. So much clutter on the map. Like Assassins Creed. But this game is the opposite. No clutter added by the developers. Instead, it is ME whom is adding all the clutter lol. Adding stamps here and stamps there because there is so much to explore, so much to discover. But, in this game it doesnt seem all copy and paste. Every area seems new and finding things is fun, doesnt seem like a chore. Bravo Nintendo, Bravo.

I'm gonna try one last time. I want to know if there's anything left I should do before I finish the game. Here's my spoiler ridden checklist of what I HAVE completed.

All 4 Dungeons
Corrupted Dragon
Molduga
Build-a-Town
Eventide
The 3 mazes
Master Sword

Is there anything left I should consider? I'm trying to find any meaty content I may have missed. I know I don't have
Ganon's horse
for instance, but is there much left to be found? Can I call it a day and finish the game now?

I have explored just about every part of Hyrule Castle, and I still can't find the memory location there. All I got was the Hylian Shield, a shrine and Korok seeds (what the hell are they doing there lol). Seems I'm lost lol.
Notice the memory photo has a door in it. Also notice doors are marked in red on your map of the castle.

Timeaisis

I swear, time speeds up when you play this game. I'll sit down to play and explore some of world thinking a hour has passed when suddenly I look up and it's already 3 hours later.

The worst is when you have a clear objective in mind and like a 2-3 hours window. You sit down "alright, I'm gonna finish X." 3 hours later you found 10korok seeds, 5 shrines, blown up a half a dozen enemy encampments, and finished a sidequests only to realize the objective you were going to do is still not done. Then you check your watch and realize, oh whoops, you have no time left.

Darkgran

The worst is when you have a clear objective in mind and like a 2-3 hours window. You sit down "alright, I'm gonna finish X." 3 hours later you found 10korok seeds, 5 shrines, blown up a half a dozen enemy encampments, and finished a sidequests only to realize the objective you were going to do is still not done. Then you check your watch and realize, oh whoops, you have no time left.

Happens to me ALL THE TIME.

It's crazy to me that a game I have dumped almost 80 hours into before doing the final event is a game I cannot wait to replay already. I won't...not until maybe the first DLC hits (too much else to play) but this game...it's just something special. I think it will still be tons of fun to play through the years to come. Really hoping Nintendo brings it with the DLC.

I just saw a tweet of Tristan Coopers on that the
Sheikah Captions for each memory photo translate to location the photo was taken in. Holy crap I wanna translate these locations on my own now. I found a new path for my playthrough soon.

psyfi

Banned
It took me a really long time, but I eventually found it. I can tell you a key location it's near if you want, but it might be spoilery if you haven't found it yet.

psyfi

Banned
So my switch is arriving on Thursday with Zelda. Any tips for starting or getting the most out of this game?
Just be ready to explore and get creative. I'd recommend turning the HUD to Pro mode, too. It takes a lot of unnecessary clutter of your screen.

random25

It took me a really long time, but I eventually found it. I can tell you a key location it's near if you want, but it might be spoilery if you haven't found it yet.

Nah I'm good. Just sharing my progress within the castle. I'll find it eventually, I hope lol.

So my switch is arriving on Thursday with Zelda. Any tips for starting or getting the most out of this game?

Just dive in and explore. Rethink what you think a game is made to let you do, things that you wouldn't expect to work just might actually work. Overall just experiment and have fun!

Before too long you will be running around in Hyrule like
image.php

Don't be hesitant to run/sneak/fight dirty. The game encourages you to think outside the box in order to complete your objectives. You don't have to fight every enemy head on.

Also: while it's true that you can go anywhere you want immediately, I do recommend following the main quest line until you get the last sheikah slate power (the one you get off the great plateau). Then you can go wherever your want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom