• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official X06 Barcelona (360) Summary Thread

Amir0x

Banned

________________________________________________________________________________

EVENT INFO
________________________________________________________________________________

Where: Barcelona, Spain
When: September 27, 28, 29. The embargo lifts at 11am PST/2pm EST on the 27th apparently.
What: TGS was just a mere afterthought to MS. Wondering why? That's because this little event is where the real meat of Microsoft's upcoming strategy and games will be revealed. Who knows what will be revealed, but if anything nice is to be shown (and, according to IGN, some cool games are already confirmed to be shown/playable) it should be a cool event for any 360 fan.
Anything else?: Yup, this X06 is also part of Microsoft's 'bringing it home' initiative, which you can read all about here. Although the TGS half of this experiment didn't turn out so hot, I expect it will be much better for the next few days. LO and BD HD trailers tommorrow, for one!

360_halo3wish_041206_spot.jpg
360_bluedragon_092206_spot.jpg
assassins_spot.jpg
darkness_spot.jpg

~thanks to IGN for gratuitous stealing of images~

SUMMARY

Note: Again, I will try my best to update as frequently as possible with the latest news. If you find I missed something, feel free to link me to a corresponding article and I will update. Similarly, please don't post after page 10 about how you cannot believe you have to read through all these pages to get information. IT'S ALL IN THIS FIRST POST. For quick access, simply save the following URL in your notepad which you can find HERE.

Thanks a ton to Xboxyde for many of the links.

General

● Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh & MS establish WINGNUT INTERACTIVE, Studio dedicated to creation of world class interactive entertainement (sounds like Hollywood version of Mistwalker).

Xbox 360

● PJ & Fran will work on two 360 exclusive franchises, first is the 'chapter in the Halo(r) universe' (read:Spinoff) the second is something original.
● HALO WARS from Ensemble 360 exclusive. Halo Wars places the player in command of human UNSC armies as they deploy for mankind's first deadly encounter with the enemy Covenant forces. (1, Direct feed trailer, Art/Images)
● GRAND THEFT AUTO IV will have two downloadable 'episodes' exclusive to 360, released months after launch. Reportedly each as long in content as Liberty City Stories on PSP. (1)
● SPLINTER CELL 5 (the one after Double Agent) is 360 exclusive
● And speaking of Splinter Cell, here is the latest trailer for SPLINTER CELL: DOUBLE AGENT. (Video)
● BIOSHOCK is 360 & PC exclusive releasing 'this spring.' (Video)
● PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 4 announced... CG trailer shown. (1)
● The latest in the BANJO KAZOOIE series announced. Teaser trailer shown. (1, Teaser Trailer)
● Cryptic Studios (City Of Heroes) will develop MARVEL UNIVERSE ONLINE, only for 360 & PC. (1, Interview)
● DOOM - which is out on XBLA today - and SENSIBLE WORLD OF SOCCER announced for XBLA (1, Images)
● HD-DVD $199, €199, £129, free King Kong for limited time & Media Center Remote Mid November for US & Europe
● ASSASSIN'S CREED gameplay footage finally for all to see! (1, Gameplay Demo)
● GUITAR HERO II is going to be rocking your 360. With Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360 rock rhythm, lead, or bass guitar tracks with downloadable content and the new X-Plorer controller, designed specifically for the Xbox 360. (1, Controller, Image)
● The latest shit from FORZA 2 is ready for prime time. Check the links. (Images)
● SCI/Eidos and IO said they plan to release no PS3 SKU until 2008. So, by default, 360 gets them exclusive until that time. (1)
● Yeah, it's not the game we wanted but still it's shaping up decently I suppose. I'm talking about SHADOWRUN, and you can check the latest images. (Images)
● Finally, some 720p images of PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE on 360. Check them out. (Images)
● ALAN WAKE looks stunning. Check out the latest images from this intruiging "psychological thriller." (Images)
● MASS EFFECT is gorgeous. My personal 360 killer app! Bioware, you can't do any wrong. ever. No, Jade Empire was not wrong. It was right! (Images)
● John Woo is jumping around and throwing some doves, I'm sure, and you'll be able to participate by checking out the latest STRANGLEHOLD images. (Images)
● Remember how CONTRA and GYRUSS got announced for XBLA at TGS? Well, here are the first pics courtesy of X06. (Images)
● CRACKDOWN, the cel-shaded freeroaming title from the creator of GTA, seems... curious, at the very least. (Images)
● Activision doesn't waste time whoring shit, but you already knew that. So check out the latest of CALL OF DUTY 3... (Images)
● ...and TONY HAWK PROJECT 8. This one looks like a return to form for the series, and thank goodness. Can't wait! (Images)
● STREET RACE NYC and HEAVY WEAPONS, two XBLA titles, were announced recently. And so with that, the first media. (Images)
● What else for the 'ol arcade? TOTEMBALL, which is an EyeToy-like title with similarities to Katamari of all things, and MUTANT STORM which looks to have great potential. (Images)
● One last game for xbla, ASSAULT HEROES. Seems like a fun concept, definitely worth looking into. (Images)
● Yeah, FUZION FRENZY 2 managed to get some facetime amidst the X06 news. Check out this party game in the latest media. (Images)
● Same BLUE DRAGON trailer from TGS, but in HD, courtesy of XBL 360. (Hi-Def Video)
● Same LOST ODYSSEY trailer from TGS, but in HD, courtesy of XBL 360. (Hi-Def Video)
● How could we forget GEARS OF WAR, the biggest 360 game this side of Halo 3? Yup, there's new video of it... and with a smooth locked framerate to boot! Hurrah! (Video)

CONCLUSION

So, ready for yet another week of megatons and disappointment-tons? Inflated expectations and GAF classics? Will RE5 be 360 exclusive (LOLZ)? Stay tuned for all this and more in the X06 MEGATHREAD.

Amir0x

Banned
Oh yeah, just fyi...

the embargo should be lifting WHEN the conference starts, which is approximately 11am PT apparently. So, we should know what's going down precisely then.

Here's hoping they deliver on the Marketplace goods. Any unexpected demos and I'll be happy.
Also, I'd love to hear new game announcements. Something we know nothing about. Even if it is something lame like Kameo 2 or Killer Instinct.

Striek

Well at the least it should have Halo3 gameplay footage, I don't know if that's enough to stave off 'disappointment-ton' - because expectations are simply stupid - but it will content a lot of people.

11AM eh? Couple hours of new flurry before I have to head out then.

All these events this year have been like little News Christmas mornings. E3, that Sony press event at midnight a while back, GGC, TGS, X06 here, and then the October Sony event.

Lakitu

st5fu
I just wanna see something on PGR 4 and Halo 3, then I'm a happy man :D

I'm gonna miss a big bunch of the news coz right when it all comes out I'll be on a plane :( but when I come back, things will be waiting for me. :)

So, are we figuring that some big stuff will go up at the usual 5 AM EST tonight or more likely around 1:15 PM?

I was scrolling down the Bringing It Home blade and, you know, when it's all bunched together like that, it's a pretty impressive collection of shit already.

And now that I've seen that ridiculous Alan Wake footage, I feel some microtransactions coming on...

jarosh

Amir0x said:
Oh yeah, just fyi...

the embargo should be lifting WHEN the conference starts, which is approximately 11am PT apparently. So, we should know what's going down precisely then.
meh. that sucks. hard.
so the conference is worthless?

X360FanBoyLOL said:
tagged for tomorrow

sboc0.jpg

Wunderchu

jarosh said:
meh. that sucks. hard.
so the conference is worthless?
well.. I would imagine that most of the media do not know everything that is going to be announced at the conference, so even if they are allowed to post all the info. from the conference when it starts, I imagine most of them will wait to hear the announcements first, then post about them...

ourumov

Where the hell in Barcelona is the X06 being held ? Just wondering...It could be in front of my house and I wouldn't even know.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
If their game is Banjo, and knowing how **** awesome Conker looks on the Xbox. I expect a visual treat.

Orlics

Could someone please clarify the time of the press briefing? The Xbox.com website says it's at 6 PM BST, which would be around 12 PM EST... but the first post says it's at 2 AM EST.

Orlics said:
Could someone please clarify the time of the press briefing? The Xbox.com website says it's at 6 PM BST, which would be around 12 PM EST... but the first post says it's at 2 AM EST.

Its in 6 hours 15 minutes, from now.

mitheor

Orlics said:

Its 19:00 GMT+1

6 hours 10 minutes and counting ...

Wunderchu

Orlics said:
the 6 pm British time is correct, and the first post states 2pm EST , which is also correct..

Orlics

I see "6 PM BST" on the Xbox site right now, below the giant GoW pic. If my understanding is correct BST is GMT + 1, right? So either what they actually meant is 7 PM BST, or 6 PM GMT.

Edit: Oh okay, BST is GMT I guess. sorry for the trouble

Double edit: Oh, looks like I was right after all. 5 hours to go! :D

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Should be 12 EST.

its 6pm BST not GMT,

BST = GMT + 1

EST = GMT - 5

EST = BST - 6

BST is british summer time, we have daylight savings here too.

The time on the first post is just when the embargo gets lifted anyway, 2 est makes sense for that.

GhaleonEB

Major Nelson said:
More content will go live later today to coincide with the briefing. I will post the moment I have the confirmed list and the content goes live.
Yay, no waiting until tomorrow night for the good stuff. :D

Top Bottom