• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things you went overboard doing and wasted money on

GeekyDad

My wife has been wasting words.

And I mean, there are people falling down dead around us. I think I'm next.

Warnen

Can he swing from a thread? Take a look overhead / Hey, there, there goes the Spider-Man
Gaming pc. As little as I play games any more a console is more than enough. Just not smart spending 4k on something that I use so little when $600 will get me the same experience for the most part.

badblue

Pretty much every hobby I've had with Airsoft one of the more expensive hobbies I've overspent on. I haven't played in a few years and have been thinking about selling my gear, which may be for the best as the Canadian Government may be banning airsoft in the near future or outlawing airsoft that look like real firearms, which is 99% of them.

Savings. I've wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars and got nothing in return except more money. :messenger_loudly_crying:
real housewives papi GIF

QSD

A 55" Panasonic Plasma screen that's kind of obsolete technology now. Cost about 1700 euros. Can warm a small room or study when idle, LOL.

You can probably sell these for a good chunk of change you know, because they’re no longer produced. I had to use these for burning dreamcast games, and the loading is like night and day
Yeah, I'm hoping they become collector items in the future. I have Fujifilm branded 8× DVD-R and 8 x DVD+R which are considered godtier in the media world.
I also have a ten pack of TDK made in Japan Armour-plated discs, which are hard to find.

Winter John

Cars. Definitely cars. For some reason whenever I go to buy a new one I start out intending to get something that's affordable, mid range, easy to maintain and guaranteed to last for years. When I actually get to the dealers my brain ignores all basic common sense and fixates on the cheapest, shittiest wrecks they got. Typically it'll be some horror show that's been in a 5 car pile up, or dredged from a river. I look at these burnouts and tell myself about all the money I'll save if I buy one and do it up. Every fuckin time without fail. Then what happens is I take it home. Maybe potter about with the engine for 30 minutes before I get bored. Drive the fuckin thing for a year or so cursing the shit out of it every day until it finally dies. Then I call in the local mechanic who comes over, shakes his head in disbelief that I've done it again. Off it goes to the junk yard and the cycle begins again.

Buying all the streaming services. I've now cut back and just use Shudder for the most part. Having them all soon adds up, although I may get Prime again. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than Netflix.

You end up not really using them all, just one more than the other. So it ends up being a waste of money.

Oh, and buying lots of games on Steam Sale recently. I bought way too many games I'll probably never get around to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom