• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
NinjaFridge said:
If people haven't seen the game in person then why is it OK for people to be FOR it but not OK to be Against it?

I'm not praising or ripping it, just saying I'm looking forward to it. Most of the criticisms (in the many threads the past couple weeks), on the other hand, go well beyond the simple "do not wants" and make judgments as to how good the game is.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
For

Silicon Knights will always stand as one of my favorite developers. Whether the game blows me away like (Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen) or is just good and a little bit disappointing (Eternal Darkness). I have to be there to experience it.

It's just that the turnaround time is getting insane. One game a generation?

Doc Evils

I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year.

Since Too Human is supposed to be better than MGS4, if it gets a higher metacritic than MGS4 I want my avatar and tag to be changed to a Too Human pic and Too Human fanboy, if it scores lower than MGS4, Dyack should get a donkey avatar with owned on top.

MCD

TekunoRobby said:
Really.

Man up and join the winning team. Denis has the rocks to say what needs to be said. Sign alongside the REAL MEN and say FOR.
wmnevs.jpg
TekunoRobby
34fk8sw.gif

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Lonesome_Raod said:
I'm all for this game!

Though why the US get it early Auguest and us here in the UK end of August I don't know?!?

Sort it SK!
A dungeon crawler based on methology in the future, and diablo clone with only 2 player coop.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Shadow Moses said:
Get over yourself. Lighten up and have fun. You don't have to be so uptight for no reason.

Funny that the people trashing this are the ones that take this so serious that they can't even enjoy it :lol

Sad

Shins said:
So whats your position! :- D

I already made my stance. FOR (2nd page)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Lets raise the stakes. Should Denis let us "fors" down, we should be able to drag him through the streets, kill him and then shower his corpse with excrement, kinda like the Italians did Mussolini. Who's with me?

Median

Oh, what the hell. FOR. I loved Eternal Darkness and I've been following Too Human for years now. Four player co-op or not, I think I've invested too much in waiting for the game to not at least purchase it day one. Having said that, I'm still interested in the two player co-op so it had better be worth it.

Tobor

Doc Evils said:
Since Too Human is supposed to be better than MGS4, if it gets a higher metacritic than MGS4 I want my avatar and tag to be changed to a Too Human pic and Too Human fanboy, if it scores lower than MGS4, Dyack should get a donkey avatar with owned on top.

Do you not understand what the word "most" means?

hint: most does not mean all.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
lol at everyone saying against

it's like even people who trash this game 24/7 are saying for and then the hardcore clueless trolls are like "AGAINST!!! I HAT DENIS AND HIS CRAPPY GAME!!"

GHG

PhatSaqs said:
It's gonna happen regardless of this thread being created or not. People throw the word "desperate" around way too much here...

So was posting in one of the existing Too Human threads not enough for him? He obviously wanted to draw attention to his game and opinion of his intellectual property. All the criticism was obviously burning him up inside so he needed to make this thread as an attempt to set the record straight.

Then go away. This is for people who like to be entertained.

Oh lawd.

This is why I now stick mostly to PC topics on the gaming side of this forum. Shit is way too serious in some of these threads.

I'm out.

Desi

Francias Castiglione said:
Reading is fundamental...
Ok? Patapon was well-received and is Game of the Year in my eyes. That has to show up in the ratings or sales. I am pretty positive many developers feel that their game is the best of the best but well received comes down to sales and ratings.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
WrikaWrek said:
Well received really isn't subjective.

Well received implies that the GRAND majority liked it. Scoring well, good word of mouth. I don't see what's subjective here.

You guys are just moving the goal posts.

Please don't group me along with the Against crowd or the For crowd. I don't give a shit about this game, it isn't on my radar at all. He says that gamers will agree that this is the best game they ever made - what if they don't? What if they just don't like the game? Are they wrong for having a difference of opinion? This thread is asking for people to be tagged for having a different opinion on a game which is just stupid.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Doc Evils said:

How about this, pass 3rd grade and learn what the word "most" means. Then come back and purpose shit.

NinjaFridge said:
Please don't group me along with the Against crowd or the For crowd. I don't give a shit about this game, it isn't on my radar at all. He says that gamers will agree that this is the best game they ever made - what if they don't? What if they just don't like the game? Are they wrong for having a difference of opinion? This thread is asking for people to be tagged for having a different opinion on a game which is just stupid.

He didn't say that. And why are you posting in this thread if you don't give a shit about the game?

You too, pass 3rd grade and then come back. Jesus christ, why don't people know how to read?

Nolan.

harSon said:
Because people do want the game to be bad?

To me Denis's insistance on trying to prove it's and his own worth makes me more skeptical than anything else. Why this thread I do not know. I'm all for industry people getting more involved with gamers but this to me is slightly misguided. I don't know.

Doc Evils said:

Surely this constitutes not reading the OP?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
WrikaWrek:
Well received really isn't subjective.

Well received implies that the GRAND majority liked it. Scoring well, good word of mouth. I don't see what's subjective here.

You guys are just moving the goal posts.
How the f*ck do you quantify "Well received" its impossible unless its a game of the year contentder or massive piece of trash.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
eznark said:
if you don't love Too Human you're a peasant

<insert inappropriate joke about cropshares>

fanduck

Francias Castiglione said:
WTMYELOACT.png

"You need to call it. I can't call it for you. It wouldn't be fair."

Awesome, and perfect for this thread! I think it's funny how barely anybody is admitting to being against, but it's obvious who just isn't admitting it...

For me, when somebody makes a game and says it is awesome, I have no choice but to take him on his word until I've played it. BUT, if he says his game is awesome, and it turns out to be anything less than awesome, I will never trust him again.

For

eXistor

I want to like the game, it has a lot of potential, but as I've obviously not played it yet (I will though) I don't think it's fair to really start voting already, but as I want to see the game do well I'll say for. It's still very much wait and see though, I can easily see the game being average.

chase

For.

Not to suck up (what could I get out of it??) but I'm also in the 'for' Dyack camp. How a self-absorbed tosspot like Jaffe gets appointed 'cool' by GAF while Dyack gets 'jerk' is beyond me, but does further my theory that GAF is wrong about everything. :D

I've waited how many freaking years for this game? I have to buy it, on principle alone.

chase said:
How a self-absorbed tosspot like Jaffe gets appointed 'cool' by GAF while Dyack gets 'jerk' is beyond me, but does further my theory that GAF is wrong about everything. :D

Digital boobies and a mini game... thats how.:lol

Barrett2

For

Any developer with the stones to interact with GAF like this gets my respect. You the man, Denis.
One console future is still insane, though.

WrikaWrek

Banned
PistolGrip said:
How the f*ck do you quantify "Well received" its impossible unless its a game of the year contentder or massive piece of trash.

Well received is if it gets good scores no? If most people that got the game like it or not.

Why are we trying to make things harder than they are? :lol

This thread should be locked. There's nothing useful in the thread and it just serves as publicity (though on a small-scale) for his game.

Tom_Cody

For

I loved PSO and TH features everything I enjoyed about that game. I am also really interested in the mythology and story. All of the music so far sounds great, which is extremely important if I'm going to be spending hours leveling up and hunting for items.

I'm glad the technical issues seem to have been worked out. The graphics still look somewhat rough, but overall I like the look of the game.

I'm looking forward to Too Human as an action rpg with a fleshed-out class system, unique and deep mythology, and great music. I have been waiting too long for this game.

Aaron

PistolGrip said:
Was MGS4 well received? Yes. Was GTA4 well received? Yes. There, nothing to it.

Twix

even though I’m not interested in Too Human ,but I hope the game goes down very well, for now I’ll stick with Against.

fin

FOR!

PistolGrip said:
wow this is a bit childish.

Big-E said:
To call for tags on everyone who has criticisms for the game is honestly fucking retarded and childish. Calling out Evilore and Duckroll is pretty retarded too.

hclflow said:
This is one of the most pathetic stunts I've ever seen pulled on GAF. And for it to be a well-known industry figure doing it? Man, that's just icing on the cake.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Russtic said:
Dyak, the videogame version Uwe Boll?

Very mature...

EazyB said:
Don't really understand what you're trying to do here Denis.

He's just calling out some people on GAF. I've been keeping tabs on this game for a long time. Lots of trolls have been shitting on this game forever, see above...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom