• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

jaded_up_

Banned
716L8.png

Welp it was fun folks, time to wrap it up

Is that legit?

The Helix isn't too please with you, either.

_hekk05

Banned
Hahaha start 9. Democracy is literally full of trolls. Now all the anarchists will only vote anarcjy and thoae who legitimately want progress will realise their folly. I forsee anarchy to win soon.

okayfrog

Banned
If you are in the anarchist camp then understand that telling everyone else how to vote is going directly against the ideology that you think you are trying to represent. If an individual wants to vote for democracy, then that's his/her business, not yours.

Then I guess they should change the "anarchy" name to what it really is: Normalcy.

Trey

At this point I think I'm in favor of democracy system when the chat becomes stuck for 12 hours or so. Maze, safari zone, strength puzzles.

Anarchy otherwise.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If you are in the anarchist camp then understand that telling everyone else how to vote is going directly against the ideology that you think you are trying to represent. If an individual wants to vote for democracy, then that's his/her business, not yours.

Not at all. We can plead with them to vote as we wish, remonstrate with them for not voting as we wish, and do any manner of things except coerce them to vote as we wish. Anarchy implies lack of hierarchy, not lack of communication or emotion.

Cirruss

Democracy didn't even last 10 minutes before we were switched back to anarchy. And in those 10 minutes all it managed to do was end a conversation with an NPC and open the start menu 50 times. :D

Now we are back to progressing as anarchy as the people have spoken.

The system works :D

Timeaisis

Anarchists really are the biggest crybabies ever, lol. They shit in the sandbox because they didn't get to have the shovel.

I don't much enjoy watching ninety-thousand people slowly do a Let's Play of Pokemon. That's why I'm annoyed at this whole democracy mechanic. It's a fascinating meta-game, for sure, but it's also making the actual progress slow and un-interestsing. It could have been implemented much better.

EDIT: And we're back! Maybe there is hope.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Democracy didn't even last 10 minutes before we were switched back to anarchy. And in those 10 minutes all it managed to do was end a conversation with an NPC and open the start menu 50 times. :D

Now we are back to progressing as anarchy as the people have spoken.

The system works :D

The revolutionary masses tire of the bourgeois system.

Cse

Banned
The political dichotomy that has been established is encumbering progress more than any obstacle in the actual game.

Everyone just spams democracy or anarchy....and little progression is actually made.

Frodo

Democracy gives start spammers more power.

It is great in theory, but it is just not practical in reality with that many people trollling.

Great. Democracy is just going to be villainized now, so even if they remove it today and implement it when we're stuck for a long time again, everyone will just START9 throughout Victory Road.

Great.

I think rather than the vote thing it would be better if they "automatically" switched to democracy for a little while after being stalled in the same place for 12 hours or so, like with the maze. As others have said, people will probably shift to democracy too quickly when things get tough rather than try and figure out a strategy for handling it with anarchy.

Democracy is boring, but being stuck in the same place for a day is also pretty boring.

If they really succeed in bringing back Anarchy permanently, the streamer need to load up a savestate from before we exited the maze and got the lift key. It's the only way that everything can be set right.

_hekk05

Banned
I don't much enjoy watching ninety-thousand people slowly do a Let's Play of Pokemon. That's why I'm annoyed at this whole democracy mechanic. It's a fascinating meta-game, for sure, but it's also making the actual progress slow and un-interestsing. It could have been implemented much better.

EDIT: And we're back! Maybe there is hope.

Its implementation is pretty amazing. Anarchy will always be defacto method. Trolls will always go for democracy into start9

Unless a majority of users want democracy to finish a fiendish puzzle, democracy will just be start9 and anarchy will take over in a heartbeat.

For democracy to be truly in use, twitch would have to agree to use it.

fallout

It was interesting to see the anarchy votes really start to pickup once it looked a bit more decisive. I think a lot of it was a shift from start9 spamming to anarchy, but there was likely some mob mentality in there. Or as others have pointed out, the anarchists used it as a strategy. Incredible.

Also the stream was doing "perfectly fine?" they made no progress for an entire day.
"Perfectly fine" can be relative, depending on what your goals are for this.

Do you see the people type?
typing a song of angry men?
It is the picture of a people
Who will not be slaves again!

When the commands of your heart
Echoes the beating of start9
There is a life about to start
When anarchy comes!

Top Bottom