• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

trixx

Democracy people join the blue stream trust me. Its obvious that the majority in the red stream dont want to play through the game so let it be.

Join one of the other streams because they actually want to get sht done, and that's what the democratic system is, really.

So at first it was simple. We were monkeys banging rocks together.
Then we discovered a fossil and religion was born.
Then factions broke off into separate religions.
Then we founded a government, and those factions are competing against each other.

When do we get to repealing obamacare?
It wouldn't be Pokemon without evolution now would it !

You can almost make a game out of the lore/plot of this Twitch plays pokemon thing, a shitty game but a game nonetheless, with gods, a keeper that prevents the return of an ancient evil, and a retarded protagonist .

I think the next revision needs to be Democracy/Anarchy voting periods. Once an hour the system can change, maybe even less frequent than that. The constant voting sucks.

Yeah there really needs to be some kind of time limit between voting periods. Even once the scale has swung to the side you want, you then still have to spam to try to keep it on that side. I don't mind the change as I think it adds another layer to the whole social experiment angle, but it needs a tweak.

(Unless the entire point of the change was to highlight how two opposing political parties usually spend more time butting heads than actually making any positive change, in which case it's perfect.)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Does anyone of you think that these two new modes broke the purpose of the whole thing?

With these changes, I dont really care about it anymore...

Sianos

Democracy people join the blue stream trust me. Its obvious that the majority in the red stream dont want to play through the game so let it be.

Join one of the other streams because they actually want to get sht done, and that's what the democratic system is, really.

Yes, great idea. There can be a race between the two methods of control and the RNG stream. Perfect.

leakey

I’d like you to tell me that you are a false prophet. I’d like you to tell me that you are, and have been, a false prophet, and that God is a superstition.
4038dGe.jpg

Even in its PC prison, the whispers of Flareon twist the chat into madness.
Truly it is the source of all evil.
Even the keeper cannot contain its influence...

okayfrog

Banned

If all you care about is getting things done, why not just play the game yourself? Or even watch a Let's Play?

Normal folk (those in favor of "anarchy") wish to get things done whilst at the same time overcome much adversity that will make the victory oh so much sweeter.

This is too difficult to follow, is there a twitter keeping up with the overall game state and progress? Just something short like 'now heading to pokecenter' or 'levelling up the team.'

Shingro

I notice that for everyone crying that democracy/anarchy ruined the stream, they're up to 81,000 viewers c_c

... soooooo I guess people can claim everyone hates it all you want but the numbers don't lie?

Riight. All the people that persisted and struggled through 12 hours of ledge didn't want to get anything done.

I seriously can't believe how this keeps growing. This is so much more than a game now. Even if the anarchy democracy thing didn't happen, we'd still have everything else.

This feels like a modern legend to me.

Darryl

Banned
the anarchy and democracy stuff reveals this stream for what it really is. the playground of a bunch of bot ring running overlords. with them distracted by spamming anarchy and democracy, the true progress that a mass of people can make is showing through - a whole lot of nothing.

Sianos

the anarchy and democracy stuff reveals this stream for what it really is. the playground of a bunch of bot ring running overlords. with them distracted by spamming anarchy and democracy, the true progress that a mass of people can make is showing through - a whole lot of nothing.

It would be amusing if all the input bots and their counter-bots were never turned off, and it turns out that since the tug-of war began its been the bots actually inputting commands.

DJ88

I think it should permanently be the democrative system, BUT the timer for taking in votes should be tiny, like maybe a second or less. I think it'd be the perfect compromise between the old and new system.

Dug

Banned
We want the original. Not the copy that just exists because someone wanted a piece from the cake.

But maybe this is all just something to get lesser players and make the game playable again?
Eh, at least the chat isn't spamming Anarchy/Democracy. Though the war between them is very amusing.

mclem

The ones you thought of might not have worked :p But 90k monkeys might have come up with something during their greatest peril.

Besides, I already saw a picture with suggesting what to push in which area to account for the lag, meta strategies totally could have worked.

Add more complexity, get more people out of sync with it. Someone out of sync with it is as dangerous as a troll, even if they're sincere.

I wonder what penetration these strategies actually have among the playerbase? The start-buffering strategy for the ledge had the advantage that once you're in position, the intention is obvious, and so would have picked up ignorant-but-sincere players in the process. That's not quite true of the maze.

Why not just use the already existing democratic Blue stream if you want that experience? Or if you're just watching, watch the Let's Play videos I linked above?

I don't want 'a democratic experience'. I'm interested in the anarchy game, absolutely, but there comes a time when enough is enough, and the combinatorial explosion of options suggested to me that progression was unrealistic at that point.

That said: I *am* thinking that a cap on Democracy might be smart. Make it a finite resource replenished over time. Ensure it's not overused in situations it's not needed.

If all you care about is getting things done, why not just play the game yourself? Or even watch a Let's Play?

Normal folk (those in favor of "anarchy") wish to get things done whilst at the same time overcome much adversity that will make the victory oh so much sweeter.

I'm not in favor of this democracy system, but goddammit the old way was awful. There's got to be a good middle ground. We need more scripters to combat start spammers and trolls is all.

This isn't fun just because it's chaotic. It's when the people work together to make order out of it that it's kinda cool. And anarchy is not that. Anarchy is spending 24 hours in the Rocket Hideout and then going straight back into the maze when we leave it. Anarchy is near indistinguishable from RNG.

So we just need a little organization here. Not democracy, but for shit's sake we need to make efficient progress by working together.

okayfrog

Banned
I'm not in favor of this democracy system, but goddammit the old way was awful. There's got to be a good middle ground. We need more scripters to combat start spammers and trolls is all.

This isn't fun just because it's chaotic. It's when the people work together to make order out of it that it's kinda cool. And anarchy is not that. Anarchy is spending 24 hours in the Rocket Hideout and then going straight back into the maze when we leave it. Anarchy is near indistinguishable from RNG.

So we just need a little organization here. Not democracy, but for shit's sake we need to make efficient progress by working together.

If you actually viewed the RNG stream, you'd take that back immediately.

Yep. Can't really disagree.

Top Bottom