• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

$200

Banned
57d.jpg

Dreavus

I imagine that the ideal scenario is Anarchy for general movement and battling (while attempting not to fuck things up too badly), and then Democracy for the precise environment puzzles and possibly tougher battles like gyms.

But it seems like people want one or the other at all times.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This is why we need to move a step further. We need to enact representative democracy to prevent the tyranny of the trollity.

Or just go back to anarchy because this isn't working.

Crosseyes

Banned
Meter is already switching back to anarchy.

If/when anarchy wins and heads back to the PC and results in releasing Pidgeot after insisting with their start9 filibuster to do it their way...

I would seriously consider moving out of the U.S. with that kind of foreshadowing.

Blizzard

Banned
Meter is already switching back to anarchy.

If/when anarchy wins and heads back to the PC and results in releasing Pidgeot after insisting with their start9 filibuster to do it their way...

I would seriously consider moving out of the U.S. with that kind of foreshadowing.

Guess the majority don't want democracy. Can't say I'm disappointed.

As you may have noticed from the script someone linked earlier in the thread, people may just be auto-spamming anarchy every 30 seconds to get their way. Doesn't even have to be the majority.

An easy way to counter it would be to let it run for a while, record every account that is voting for start(number greater than 1), and block them for the rest of the experiment. With 90,000+ people it would be Super Effective.

Sciz

I get where the streamer was going with the ability to chain commands, but it doesn't work. Take it out, consolidate the votes into single inputs, and this would actually get somewhere, however slowly.

I get where the streamer was going with the ability to chain commands, but it doesn't work. Take it out, consolidate the votes into single inputs, and this would actually get somewhere, however slowly.

Then start and probably b would win 90% of the votes. Democracy should only be implemented when after 24+ hours absolutely zero progress has been made in an area and the group is collectively sick of being stuck.

Mit-

You gotta love a chat room of 90k people and about 200 inputs get calculated (if that)

It's like 100 inputs every 10 seconds, if that.

There are likely more than 100 inputs every second from 100,000 viewers. I don't know if you all have noticed, but chances are, your inputs are not making it to the stream. In either mode.

Twitch is going through some shit right now, though. I hope Twitch Plays Pokemon finally inspires them to get their shit together so that all chat rooms across the entire site don't go down whenever a big event happens.

Just a random question how does this all affect twitch? It's kinda weird because there are no ads so i assume they make no money from this. It does put a big strain on their servers though lol. Not sure if it affects the other streams viewers counts either. Not that i give a shit just had a thought.

Top Bottom