• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Beezy

Mr. E. Yis said:
BOB ROSS PAINTING WII NEWS:

For anyone interested about this game, here's some news. AGFRAG Entertainment got a licence in March from Bob Ross Inc. to develop this game, but they have to find a publisher by the end of this month. Early this month they were at Bob Ross headquarters figuring out the legal stuff and to finalize plans.

They haven't started developing it yet, but they've been trying to find the best way to incorporate the aspects of gameplay. Such as using Bob Ross' likeness/voice, versus mode, online play, game 'rewards' and progression, etc. This is why you haven't seen any screens yet - no one has started making it yet!

So if AGFRAG doesn't find a publisher that it likes by 9/30, Bob Ross Inc will find another developer to make it, as soon as they can, since they also want this game done ASAP. We'll hear a definite answer in the next few weeks.

(This is all from the developer's website (agfrag.com) and their yahoo group.)

WTF, this game hasn't died yet?

SantaC

enjoy some screengrabs from the new trailer guys

zelda1.jpg

zelda2.jpg

zelda3.jpg

zelda4.jpg

zelda5.jpg

zelda6.jpg

zelda7.jpg

zelda8.jpg

zelda9.jpg

zelda9a.jpg

masud

Banned
Mr. E. Yis said:
BOB ROSS PAINTING WII NEWS:

For anyone interested about this game, here's some news. AGFRAG Entertainment got a licence in March from Bob Ross Inc. to develop this game, but they have to find a publisher by the end of this month. Early this month they were at Bob Ross headquarters figuring out the legal stuff and to finalize plans.

They haven't started developing it yet, but they've been trying to find the best way to incorporate the aspects of gameplay. Such as using Bob Ross' likeness/voice, versus mode, online play, game 'rewards' and progression, etc. This is why you haven't seen any screens yet - no one has started making it yet!

So if AGFRAG doesn't find a publisher that it likes by 9/30, Bob Ross Inc will find another developer to make it, as soon as they can, since they also want this game done ASAP. We'll hear a definite answer in the next few weeks.

(This is all from the developer's website (agfrag.com) and their yahoo group.)

Bob Ross headquarters?
:lol

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
GDGF said:
I saw that kid on Dateline NBC or some such a few weeks ago. He was a freaking marvel, clicking about during karate sparing deflecting blows and whatnot. Nice gift, but I don't think echolocation works in the virtual plane. No offense to him or anything, but I'm sure she could have thought of a much more useful gift.

he plays videogames as well.. listens to audible clues as to whats going on and other crazy stuff like that..

GDGF said:
The ghosts and the snow were my favorite. Kinda got chills..

I dont think they;re ghosts. I think thats the connection between the twilight zone and normal?? zone. If they are ghosts..this game must have gone through a war or something. PLEASE NINTENDO!!ZELDA WAR!!

GDGF

Soothsayer
quadriplegicjon said:
he plays videogames as well.. listens to audible clues as to whats going on and other crazy stuff like that..

That kid kicks ass. Real life Daredevil is not hyperbole.

papercut

I'm confused on something: Does the system have any internal storage? I thought it was supposed to come with 512MB flash ram but now I haven't heard anything about it.

papercut said:
I'm confused on something: Does the system have any internal storage? I thought it was supposed to come with 512MB flash ram but now I haven't heard anything about it.

It still has 512mb flash ram.

I was just thinking, how sega should bring vitru tennis to the Wii if the love themselves, I have a very good feel it willbe greatly outsold by Wii sports in japan. hmmmm:)

Avutta1978 said:
I was just thinking, how sega should bring vitru tennis to the Wii if the love themselves, I have a very good feel it willbe greatly outsold by Wii sports in japan. hmmmm:)

Speaking of Sega, is their conference over?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
More importantly, gentlemen... where is the HEROES information??

Whats up with this damn blackout?

commissar

Slurpy said:
I just wish all that crap from the huge ass HUD wasnt on at all times.
If it fades out when you're not using it (and the map being optional to keep on there) it would be perfect. Here's hoping they do it :/

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
John Harker said:

It should be quite obvious by now that these events were to talk about launches.

GDGF

Soothsayer
John Harker said:

A few companies are saving something for TGS. Not really a blackout really.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
jj984jj said:
It should be quite obvious by now that these events were to talk about launches.

Yes. Launches. Exactly.

Which is the reason why we saw movies for Super Mario Galaxy, Harvest Moon, Bwii, Mario Charged, Fire Emblem, Gundan, Tamagochi, RE Wii, Dragon Quest, etc etc.

Yup. You got me on that one!

Stabby McSter said:
dude holy shit

he goes to my school D:
he sat across the table from me one time, and he was macking on these girls. i was like holy shit, how badass.

and then they left D:

Ahem!

ASK HIM QUESTIONS ABOUT THE WII AND ZELDA

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
John Harker said:
Yes. Launches. Exactly.

Which is the reason why we saw movies for Super Mario Galaxy, Harvest Moon, Bwii, Mario Charged, Fire Emblem, Gundan, Tamagochi, RE Wii, Dragon Quest, etc etc.

Yup. You got me on that one!
:lol

You act like something significantly new was revealed in those videos, it was just more footage mainly games we knew about. Most of the footage were also from titles coming out within the launch window, and we only got like 2 seconds of new footage of games that aren't. These events were definitely for all the launch shit.

I'm not sure if anyone posted this but Wii is not sold at a lost

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060915-7752.html

As expensive as the Xbox 360 is and PS3 will be, the manufacturers take a loss on each unit sold. Not so with Nintendo. In an interview, Nintendo chief marketing officer Reggie Fils-Aime said that the company's next-generation console will be a money-maker from the get go. "We will make a profit on the entire Wii proposition out of the box—hardware and software," according to Fils-Aime.

Microsoft and Sony have historically sold their consoles as loss leaders. Both the Xbox and PlayStation 2 cost more to build than they sold for at launch. Over time, as components get cheaper, technology gets better, and economies of scale increase, the cost to manufacture usually drops until the company can turn a profit on each console sold.

Fils-Aime says the loss-leader model isn't an option for Nintendo. "We are a company that competes only in the interactive entertainment space so we have to make a profit on every thing we do," he said. "That really is a very different philosophy versus our competitors."

I guess I can understand since they don't have TVs and Computer Software to bring in cash like SONY and MS :/

Still I would have liked them to try and take #1 - now its just about profits again like the gamecube.

Top Bottom