• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Amir0x

Banned
yeah that was posted before

they could have sold it for 200 and made a profit, I'm 100% sure since they're doing exactly that in Japan - it's just about HOW much profit. 'Cause, ya know, Nintendo. "Business etc etc" and as a gamer I'm so happy their stocks are gonna go up

I'd like to think that if they're making hefty profits off the consoles themselves then they can afford to lessen the cost (liscene fee) to developers publishing work on their platform. But this is nintendo, so things will probably remain status quo.

Amir0x said:
yeah that was posted before

they could have sold it for 200 and made a profit, I'm 100% sure since they're doing exactly that in Japan - it's just about HOW much profit. 'Cause, ya know, Nintendo. "Business etc etc" and as a gamer I'm so happy their stocks are gonna go up

Actually stocks have gone down by 3.3%.

Flo_Evans said:
yeah its all sonys fault! :lol
course it is.
Nintendo woulda sold it cheaper, but Sony's pricing and launch quantities AND lack of a European release til March effectively allowed Nintendo to sell it at whatever price they wanted in the first 6 months or so.

I tend to agree. I bet that around march - april, nintendo will either lower the price or un-bundle the Wii and put it at 200. To bad i can't wait, and i even want Wii Sports badly too :-(

i agree unless it is selling exceedingly well and thinkscrew it, lets keep it at that price. either way mines day one, so Nintendo' already got my money.
Wii
Zelda
Wii play (mainly for controller)
Rayman
£300 :\ damn

Flo_Evans

DefectiveReject said:
course it is.
Nintendo woulda sold it cheaper, but Sony's pricing and launch quantities AND lack of a European release til March effectively allowed Nintendo to sell it at whatever price they wanted in the first 6 months or so.

dude...

when your competitor miss steps, thats when you go for the throat. Nintendo could of launched a month earlier @ $199 and put the nail in sonys coffin. Instead they launch after sony with a jacked up price and weak lineup. Just because a ferrari costs 200,000 and there are only 500 made a year does not mean you can charge 100,000 for a ****ing pinto.

Im loving it... If 249.99 means less people hit up the stores to go buy one... well, that increases my chance of strolling in and buying it at launch without hassle.

I think that the split of Wii Consoles will go something like 1.5 in both America and Japan, and 1.0 in Europe. Has Nintendo made any official announcements about the allocations each territory will get this year?

BooJoh

Flo_Evans said:
dude...

when your competitor miss steps, thats when you go for the throat. Nintendo could of launched a month earlier @ $199 and put the nail in sonys coffin. Instead they launch after sony with a jacked up price and weak lineup. Just because a ferrari costs 200,000 and there are only 500 made a year does not mean you can charge 100,000 for a ****ing pinto.
Do you honestly think the things won't be flying off the shelves in the Christmas rush anyway? Then when things settle down next year, BAM. Drop Wii Sports and sell them at $199.

Striek

BooJoh said:
Do you honestly think the things won't be flying off the shelves in the Christmas rush anyway? Then when things settle down next year, BAM. Drop Wii Sports and sell them at $199.
I think its post-Christmas Nintendo has to worry about (along with Sony). Every console sells well at Christmas, and at launch? No sweat.

Cheebs

BooJoh said:
Thefirst 5 months or so are fanboys buying it and they will buy up every single one. No one has to worry about sales till next year. Casuals don't come till next year so right now what is out is meaningless.

Yeah, and they can just cut the bundle after Christmas.

Wii Sports exposure? Check.

Early adopters? Check.

Mass Market price point? Check.

About Sword of Legendia...

In the interviews....

swordoflegendiayk5.jpg

Uhmmm

Image1fxgjdfjgnj.png

Who knows :|

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Flo_Evans said:
dude...

they were going to announce the price at e3 you know... then sony happened.

DefectiveReject is right on this one.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Ive not visited the gaming forum for ages so Ive just seen this thread. I knew about the price and the release date, but i wasnt aware about all the other stuff that was mentioned in the first post. After reading it I am in love with Nintendo. Wii is going to be ****ing amazing.

I must have missed this somewhere, but how much will the games cost in NA?

Varjet

Flo_Evans said:
Just because a ferrari costs 200,000 and there are only 500 made a year does not mean you can charge 100,000 for a ****ing pinto.
Actually, you could do this when you are the only alternative... oh, wait

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Lavpa Jasai said:
Hahah true.

But seriously. WTF. Why no choice?

UGhhhh all I wanted was black.

so they can sell even more when they release other colors during the ps3s release.

Target said:
Actually, you could do this when you are the only alternative... oh, wait

why the 'oh wait'.. still the cheapest alternative.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
PhoenixDark said:
Better yet, steal it from him when he's not looking

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1212568,00.html

There was the time a fifth grader thought it would be funny to punch the blind kid and run. So he snuck up on Ben Underwood and hit him in the face. That's when Ben started his clicking thing. "I chased him, clicking until I got to him, then I socked him a good one," says Ben, a skinny 14-year-old. "He didn't reckon on me going after him. But I can hear walls, parked cars, you name it. I'm a master at this game."

watch out. you might get your ass handed to you.

Mrbob

Smiles and Cries said:
I'm not sure if anyone posted this but Wii is not sold at a lost

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060915-7752.html

I guess I can understand since they don't have TVs and Computer Software to bring in cash like SONY and MS :/

Still I would have liked them to try and take #1 - now its just about profits again like the gamecube.

Looking at Nintendo as a gamer pisses me off. Looking at Nintendo from a business perspective shows how smart they are. If they can get away with making more profit and still selling a ton of systems they should do it. If the Wii is even half as successful as the DS, it'll rake in a ton of cash for Nintendo. Business is all about making money. Being number one is nice, but the bottom line is making more money than you are spending.

effzee

nintendo releasing after sony prolly has much to do with trying to ship max quantities and feasibitliy rather than some strategic stance. im sure if nintendo could produce 4 mill and ship worldwide in OCT they would much rather do that. as much as sony has slipped in terms of bringing the PS3, nintendo should know that releasing so close around PS3 could be very negative.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Nintendo have ****ed me off a bit. Sure, don't make a loss on hardware sales, but now it feels like I'm getting raped. GC launch for £130 five years ago. Now Wii launches for £180 - they've managed to make a less affordable console than GC. The mixed messages about region-free and av cables etc is also pretty irritating. The late launch date too. Pretty much every expectation of October launch and lower price has not been delivered. The cost of extra peripherals is also not going to be as attractive to "non gamers"

I am tempted just to import everything from the US instead this time

kojacker

quadriplegicjon said:
um.. the tard pack is still more expensive.. especially if you want to save your games.
It's all how you perceive your value. I mean the tard pack costs more but, to me, you get value for your money. However I'm still not bothering with the 360, and I wouldn't get the tard pack if I did.

I'm buying the Wii for the franchises I love. If the Wii was a normal console alternative (ie without Nintendo's own exclusive games) I wouldn't even look twice at it.

Error

:lol that doesnt have anything to do with Wii.

actually wait I see it now... it actually looks better than some Wii games!

Nintendo's Europe site is saying
gyNbq8r1SF5yYeBFA3LwD6BnOQKUwugK.jpg

Estimated retail price.
Which i believe is what GC said before they dropped it at release.
I'm sure after the price backlash, they may drop the price a bit, especially in the US. And maybe in Europe as it is priced too close to XBox here (tard pack is £199, Wii is £179)
i'm going to go for a £150 release price.

MrSardonic

wii should have come with 2 wiimotes. It's just becoming very expensive - console, extra controllers (classic, nunchuck, wiimote), expensive VC games, fee-based internet browsing. I'm disappointed at how expensive it is going to be for me to get this machine and use its benefits, to the point where i will not buy it at these prices

MrSardonic said:
wii should have come with 2 wiimotes. It's just becoming very expensive - console, extra controllers (classic, nunchuck, wiimote), expensive VC games, fee-based internet browsing. I'm disappointed at how expensive it is going to be for me to get this machine and use its benefits, to the point where i will not buy it at these prices
Wii wil be 230 at lunch in the USA or 250 with extra Wiimote. uk it will be 150 at lunch, mark my words.

Error

Avutta1978 said:
Wii wil be 230 at lunch in the USA or 250 with extra Wiimote. uk it will be 150 at lunch, mark my words.
huh? in what fantasy land?

Wii is at 250 in the US

MrSardonic

:lol @ the IGN podcast. wtf at "tweaking my wrist" and "sharp pains" during wiimote motions...how unfit or overly tense are these people?

the woman in it is ****ing retarded. does she actually think she is funny?

and wtf...no more black wii at launch?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MrSardonic said:

What fee-based internet browsing?

Deku

Banned
2 wiimotes, and Wii sports @250 was my preferred/predicted bundle at E3. of course everyone though I was insane and some guy kept insisting it would be $99 (lol)

The price came true, but 1 controller is a surprise, not deal breaking and I doubt it will be for most people as well.

Top Bottom