• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars

WcQtLhD.jpg
LOL. Just by luck I watched 300 on NF lately. First time watching since it first came out long time ago. Wasnt as good as I thought it was.

belmarduk

Did you find Jenna's response strange here? Do you think her opinion or tone would change if one of the parties involved were a different race? Do you think she believes in colorblindness or do you think she's race obsessed?

I don't think this situation has many layers or requires much time to think. Will Smith assaulted a comedian for using the wrong words. He did bad and he should feel bad. I get the feeling that people like Jenna and Gayle King want to separate society based on something other than "People who do bad stuff should be punished". Maybe I'm seeing something that's not there though.

I didn't know who this Jenna person is, apparently she's a journalist... but, as I said, no need to make this a racial issue when it clearly isn't. Will Smith didn't slap Chris Rock in 2022 because Gone With The Wind won best picture in 1939.

Only thing Will did was shine more light on Jada’s condition. Nobody would be talking about or care about Jada’s hair loss if he didn’t act like a child on national television. Hell, if I saw a picture of Jada before all of this I would just think it’s her chosen style. She’s had incredibly short hair for years any time I saw her pop up somewhere.

I didn't even know he was married and never heard of her before.

Only thing Will did was shine more light on Jada’s condition. Nobody would be talking about or care about Jada’s hair loss if he didn’t act like a child on national television. Hell, if I saw a picture of Jada before all of this I would just think it’s her chosen style. She’s had incredibly short hair for years any time I saw her pop up somewhere.
You never know, maybe this is their way of getting attention. Jada Pinkett's best way of getting exposure is WiIl Smith doing something.

I didn't even know he was married and never heard of her before.
She was never a big star but was more known in the early 90s (A Different World) and she was in some of Matrix movies 20 years ago. I didn't see the recent Matrix movie, but it says she's in it, so maybe she has a big part in it. Not sure. Aside from that, her tv and film credits arent noticeable.

SlimySnake

The Contrarian
Hilarious stuff throughout this one.
Jada's shower drain getting clogged joke took me a while and then it slayed me. Too funny.

It should be open season on these two morons. They went ahead and felt safe to overshare their marriage then got memed for it and then finally lost it because they let the memes get to them. Everyone was respectful about it, but now? every single comedians needs to go all out. Joke about Will being a cuck. Joke about her fucking her son's BFF. Even her hair loss. Wear a wig or develop a thicker skin. Ricky Gervais made fun of Joe Pesci's size by calling him Baby Yoda at the Golden Globes. Then called James Cordon a fat pussy. Compared DiCaprio's dating habits to Prince Andrew, and finally made fun of Martin Scorsese's height by saying he's too young for amusement park rides. All in a span of 10 minutes. All jokes about people's appearances. None of these people got up and punched him.

Jada's shower drain getting clogged joke took me a while and then it slayed me. Too funny.

It should be open season on these two morons. They went ahead and felt safe to overshare their marriage then got memed for it and then finally lost it because they let the memes get to them. Everyone was respectful about it, but now? every single comedians needs to go all out. Joke about Will being a cuck. Joke about her fucking her son's BFF. Even her hair loss. Wear a wig or develop a thicker skin. Ricky Gervais made fun of Joe Pesci's size by calling him Baby Yoda at the Golden Globes. Then called James Cordon a fat pussy. Compared DiCaprio's dating habits to Prince Andrew, and finally made fun of Martin Scorsese's height by saying he's too young for amusement park rides. All in a span of 10 minutes. All jokes about people's appearances. None of these people got up and punched him.
No doubt. You'd think it would be opposite.

Most people would care about keeping private their marital issues, while something like a bald joke is whoop-dee-do.

Will and Jada instead are like "Hey everyone, were on and off for 10 years, and there's a rapper in his 20s named August Alsina involved in the mix. But dont dare diss the Mrs. about her shaved head"

That's some top notch priorities there.

rofif

This is good

Really puts Chris in the perspective as true professional
edit: oh sorry for repost

Last edited:

Tieno

Playing it now. Just 5 min in. Never heard of this site or people but this guy is pretty funny.
I love the podcast, specially Shulz is hilarious when he goes over the top. Almost feels like a bubble at times in this era, it’s liberating.

Shulz also has a Netflix special where he does jokes in this rapid fire format

Last edited:

jason10mm

I'm still hoping one of the Oscarettes or another backstage person recorded whatever Rock did when he went off stage. I'm sure it was colorful to say the least.

It's interesting. people enjoy body language analysis.. and 2 mil people already watched it so I dont expect anything
Chris Rock got slapped.

You don't need a 30 min body analysis video to tell you that.

I found these videos more interesting when they were analyzing Prince Andrew's body language in that interview for example or when they did R.Kelly. In those cases the individuals were dodgy. This was just a plain old slap lol.

Last edited:

The biggest joke is Jada shattering her family in order to screw around with that human shaped amoeba. Guy looks like a complete tool and is barely able to write.
Compared to that monumental stupidity, Chris Rock's joke was utterly harmless.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Just out of curiosity whose side are those ree wackos on. I was banned from there for being racist by some yt person no doubt.
I think the radicals on the left side have chosen Will Smith, because they can blame the violence on white people, for some reason. Also, Alopecia is apparently a "black woman issue" which gives them some ground to justify Will Smith's actions.

Look, if you're not black, just stay out of it, oppressor.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I think the radicals on the left side have chosen Will Smith, because they can blame the violence on white people, for some reason. Also, Alopecia is apparently a "black woman issue" which gives them some ground to justify Will Smith's actions.

I figured they would chose the person who is in the wrong. Thanks!

jason10mm

Have we decided who to cancel yet?
It's tough. I've not really cared for a Will Smith movie in a while but I did kinda like his earlier work. I've not heard a recent Rock comedy special in a long stretch either, but I loved some of his earlier stuff. So I'm not sure which one impacts me more, so I'll just wait and see what happens first, a Rock Netflix special or a Smith sci-fi action movie before I decide :p

AJUMP23

When Will Smith dies they will play the video of him slapping Chris Rock.....And vise versa.

Chris Rock slapped us all when he made Pootie Tang.

Reee is definitely on Will Smith's side more than Chris Rock. As one Ree guy said a few days ago, "Chris Rock is the White man's Black man" Whatever that means. I guess Chris Rock making jokes about Black people means Rock hates Black people. And if you hate Black people it means you're White.

Big lefties will always find a way to blame someone else because they typically have low self esteem and are more prone to being hand out central (ie. if I'm an idiot, it's other people's fault so I'm obligated to get a break in life off other people's backs)

The entire debacle was a Black guy making a bald joke at a Black woman who is married to a Black guy. And that lead to one of the Black guys punching the other Black guy.

Looking at it that way isn't it pretty obvious Whites, Latinos, Natives and Asians were all at fault? LOLOL.

On the plus side, it made me interested in the Oscars. I almost never watch awards shows. But who knew my interest isn't even in the movies, but a duke out. I'm sure 99% of other people are the same. By the way, who won best actress? LOL

Last edited:

Dural

Reee is definitely on Will Smith's side more than Chris Rock. As one Ree guy said a few days ago, "Chris Rock is the White man's Black man" Whatever that means. I guess Chris Rock making jokes about Black people means Rock hates Black people. And if you hate Black people it means you're White.

Big lefties will always find a way to blame someone else because they typically have low self esteem and are more prone to being hand out central (ie. if I'm an idiot, it's other people's fault so I'm obligated to get a break in life off other people's backs)

The entire debacle was a Black guy making a bald joke at a Black woman who is married to a Black guy. And that lead to one of the Black guys punching the other Black guy.

Looking at it that way isn't it pretty obvious Whites, Latinos, Natives and Asians were all at fault? LOLOL.

On the plus side, it made me interested in the Oscars. I almost never watch awards shows. But who knew my interest isn't even in the movies, but a duke out. I'm sure 99% of other people are the same. By the way, who won best actress? LOL

It's because of this video;

Friends with Louis CK and letting him say the N word.

In Australia, our National broadcaster speak to the real experts to get their view.

Such as the Assistant professor of Hip Hop at the University of Virginia.

I wonder what the professor of Disco would think of it all …

Last edited:

Wimbledon

In Australia, our National broadcaster speak to the real experts to get their view.

Such as the Assistant professor of Hip Hop at the University of Virginia.

Skimmed through that article, I didn't once think about how this situation is going to make us look. The first thought that came to my mind was Will Smith's need to divorce Jada. I think most people with any sense can see he's unstable and stressed out his family is a circus and his wife wears the pants in the family.

I thought Corey Holcomb the comedian was thinking the same way, he was dead on with his take. lol

Chittagong

From the article

"In some circles, he is seen, and I'm using quote marks here as the 'respectable negro,' the one that is accepted by white society," she said.

It’s incredible how woke activists take every opportunity they can to drop the n bomb. Like here, clearly one celeb slapping another is an opportunity to stealth drop the n into discussion

This guy was calling it a year ago. His accent and the ominous background music elevate the video as well.

He slaps Chris for a tasteless joke about Jada's bald head but didn't do shit when Alsina had his cock in her mouth.

For the longest time it seemed like Jada wears the pants in that marriage. Will's just a pussy. plain and simple.

From the article

It’s incredible how woke activists take every opportunity they can to drop the n bomb. Like here, clearly one celeb slapping another is an opportunity to stealth drop the n into discussion
I’m curious who, besides these activist race-baiting assholes, thinks what happened had anything to do with black men as a group. This whole idea that any prominent person automatically represents their “group” be it race or sexuality or gender, is bullshit. It’s always been bullshit. It’s a way of putting people into boxes and categorizing them.

Here’s the thing though. People don’t really do this anymore, broadly speaking. The people arguing this stuff are tilting at windmills. Will Smith wasn’t representing black people at any point. Because he’s not a representative for black people. He’s a representative mostly for himself and secondarily maybe of his family. Black men are as diverse as any other. One guy doesn’t represent them any more than any other.

We need to get as far away as we can from the mentality that anyone is a “representative” of any group unless they were elected.

Last edited:
He slaps Chris for a tasteless joke about Jada's bald head but didn't do shit when Alsina had his cock in her mouth.

For the longest time it seemed like Jada wears the pants in that marriage. Will's just a pussy. plain and simple.
Hes a broken time bomb. All it took was a look and he ruined his own best moment. He's clearly been abused for a long time, and now became the abuser.

I’m curious who, besides these activist race-baiting assholes, thinks what happened had anything to do with black men as a group. This whole idea that any prominent person automatically represents their “group” be it race or sexuality or gender, is bullshit. It’s always been bullshit. It’s a way of putting people into boxes and categorizing them.

Here’s the thing though. People don’t really do this anymore, broadly speaking. The people arguing this stuff are tilting at windmills. Will Smith wasn’t representing black people at any point. Because he’s not a representative for black people. He’s a representative mostly for himself and secondarily maybe of his family. Black men are as diverse as any other. One guy doesn’t represent them any more than any other.

We need to get as far away as we can from the mentality that anyone is a “representative” of any group unless they were elected.
I was wondering why when it happened people were trying to play it down like it wasn’t that bad. And I was thinking, why? Everyone saw it … it was nuts! Now I see some are taking criticism of Will Smith’s actions as criticism of black people in general. Bizarre.

Top Bottom