• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Founder - PS4 Wins The Console War 'By A Nose'

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGM1966

Lol at the Pinocchio meme - first thing I thought too.

I guess that, like many people associated with Xbox, he's referring to the US only. If not then c'mon son, loyalty's one thing but delusion's something else. Worldwide it's no contest, like clear water between the two boats. Couldn't be further from the idea of "by a nose".

PaulloDEC

fjkggr.gif

jesu

Hello there,

I'd like to introduce you to something called the original post.

The original post is the first post of a thread and usually includes the content referred to in the title as well as a link to the source.

The original post is great as it allows users to read everything first before replying.

I suggest checking it out!

Don't be such a numpty.
The OP links to bizjournals
It doesn't seem like bizjournals were actually talking to the guy.
So who was?

I'm looking for the interview or whatever where he said those words, to see the context they were used in.

Jimrpg

Xbox One are lucky to be where they are really. They made three big mistakes.

1. Using 8gb DDR3 and 32mb esram which has made every comparison article on the internet proclaim PS4 as more powerful.
2. Costing $100 more and including kinect which they have backtracked on.
3. Planning on DRM and online only which they have also backtracked on.

If you're completely neutral surely you'd pick the PS4 over the Xbox one.

Bgamer90

Banned
Xbox One are lucky to be where they are really. They made three big mistakes.

1. Using 8gb DDR3 and 32mb esram which has made every comparison article on the internet proclaim PS4 as more powerful.
2. Costing $100 more and including kinect which they have backtracked on.
3. Planning on DRM and online only which they have also backtracked on.

If you're completely neutral surely you'd pick the PS4 over the Xbox one.

I wouldn't say this at all considering there are differences between the consoles outside of that (e.g.: gaming libraries) that can make someone understandably want one console over the other; Would be similar to saying that everyone who bought a PS3 over the 360 last gen were huge Playstation fans.

Bgamer90

Banned
To me it looks like Microsoft is developing Hololens first and foremost as a standalone device for multiple uses in consumers day to day life.
The gaming aspect is about as pronounced as the gaming aspect in smartphones and tablets and I can't see a connection to XboxOne so far and I don't know how and why Hololens would affect XboxOne sales.

I read that they are apparently going to show off some stuff with it at E3. I'm not interested in it (if true).

Morpheus on the other seems to be about gaming first and foremost and its only working with a Ps4, so if the price is right and the games are good it could give Ps4 sales a boost.

I do agree that Morpheus has a far more gaming push where Holoens is basically for the Windows ecosystem (instead of solely gaming/Xbox). The price needs to be right though as you've said. It needs to also have good game support -- stuff made with it in mind (instead of tacked on features).

Jonnax

I wouldn't say this at all considering there are differences between the consoles outside of that (e.g.: gaming libraries) that can make someone understandably want one console over the other; Would be similar to saying that everyone who bought a PS3 over the 360 last gen were huge Playstation fans.

That is true. However as someone who waited and watched their "TV TV TV Sport Sport Sport" reveal there's no chance that I'd buy their console. It was like going to a see a tennis match and arriving to find out that it's actually a darts competition. And when people complained they say that everyone wants darts and if you really want tennis there's a TV with tennis in the corner.

Just my opinion though.

Angel_DvA

The first page deliver as always...

I'm not calling a 2:1 lose worldwide a short victory for Sony, coming off the success they had with the 360 gaining market share, the Xbox One is definitely a failure in the eyes of Microsoft, they have lost almost every market they had, even their own turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom