• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Founder - PS4 Wins The Console War 'By A Nose'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgamer90

Banned
That is true. However as someone who waited and watched their "TV TV TV Sport Sport Sport" reveal there's no chance that I'd buy their console. It was like going to a see a tennis match and arriving to find out that it's actually a darts competition. And when people complained they say that everyone wants darts and if you really want tennis there's a TV with tennis in the corner.

Just my opinion though.

Definitely understandable. It always comes down to games for me. A console's reveal could be an hour of someone picking their nose (lol) but if that console has enough games that I want then I'll more than likely get it.

I thought E3 2006 was terrible for Sony but I still wanted a PS3 at the time due to the exclusive franchises/games I loved on the PS2. That was until news came about many games/series I loved either going multiplatform or getting pushed/released pretty late in the gen (Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Gran Turismo, Sly Cooper, Socom, etc.). I just stuck with my 360 and Wii at that point.

Vroadstar

4QBTdtQb.jpg

Journey

Banned
No....

They're talking about sales.

This quote is also about sales.

Context... Its a difficult thing!

Speaking of which, he also goes on to say that VR/AR could turn things around, so isn't he saying "by a nose" by the end of the generation?

Context... Its a difficult thing!

Speaking of which, he also goes on to say that VR/AR could turn things around, so isn't he saying "by a nose" by the end of the generation?
... You definitely need a nose for these glasses. Maybe he wanted to state that and was mistaken.

Zing

Banned
So, if PS4 beats Xbox by a nose, then that sales chart is showing the Xbox only beating Wii U by a nose.

Wii U just needing to "hit its stride" confirmed.

Philippo

You know GAF is ruining (and ruling) your life when you get kicked out of the library room for laughing too much loud.

Bravo.

Bousf

I'd like to see the "nose" between PS4 and XBO........pretty majestic, I suppose.

Also, I applaud the first page xD

gblues

Banned
Yeah, a nose... Maybe if that chart were plotted using a logarithmic scale instead of a geometric one, it would look that way.

Journey

Banned
Yeah, a nose... Maybe if that chart were plotted using a logarithmic scale instead of a geometric one, it would look that way.

Where is the chart showing the end of the console war? I can't seem to find it. To be clear, I think the trend will continue throughout, but I think that's what he meant, especially when he said VR/AR could turn things around.

jaypah

He's being diplomatic but he knows the xbox isn't going to close that gap. We know it. In their hearts even the most staunch xbox fan knows it. Could you imagine? Like, literally try to think of a series of events that would lead to the xbox overtaking the ps4. It would seriously have to be the most insane plot twist in the history of video games. The xbox is a fine console and it'll have a ton of great content but it's going to end in a distant second place saleswise.

This is by a nose.
1101mcup01_G_20111101101203.jpg

It means winning by a very small amount.

And it's the smallest possible winning margin in horse racing next to a dead heat.

So it's, as someone mentioned, a diplomatic comment to make.

360 and ps3 might be a more apt race to attempt to call by a nose at this point.

Apathy

Did they screw up the quote? I remember the quantum horse race as "no fair, you changed the outcome by observing it!" Which is funnier.

Think you might be remembering it wrong. I'll check later but I've always known it as this and the infosphere wiki has it the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom