• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

is there a way to change the region of your Microsoft account for xbox 360 purchases? my Microsoft account has been changed already, and i can buy xbox one games/apps without issue, as well as PC apps. but for xbox 360 games, it still seems to think i'm in Canada, and says that all of my payment methods are invalid so i can't buy anything. and they all show a higher price then the US store because reasons

the gears games really hold up well in 4k

chemicals

Okay I was the guy who hated the way Borderlands 1 feels on an xbone... I just wanted to share a little bit about my new console (1tb white xbox one S).

I am one of those guys who loves the 360/PS3 era and STILL think that was the best generation in gaming (I'm an old Atari/Arcade guy, too) Anyway I never liked the Xbox One much but I recently picked one up because one of my best friends uses xbox one exclusively and has been wanting me to play stuff with him (one). I hadn't messed with it since before the S came out.. When I booted it up it found my account and said 187 games ready to download and install. I tried borderlands again (just to see if the lag was fixed - it wasn't) and then I was like "I will try a few more 360 games on this new console and see if the lag is not as obvious.

I'm really sensitive when it comes to input lag. so I tried out games that require twitch triggers: Pinball FX1, Final Fight Double Whatever (to play some Magic Sword), Pac Man CE. And it turns out - really all games are quite playable (on a gaming monitor). I guess Borderlands 1 is just one of those games with botched emulation.

is there a way to change the region of your Microsoft account for xbox 360 purchases? my Microsoft account has been changed already, and i can buy xbox one games/apps without issue, as well as PC apps. but for xbox 360 games, it still seems to think i'm in Canada, and says that all of my payment methods are invalid so i can't buy anything. and they all show a higher price then the US store because reasons

the gears games really hold up well in 4k
You can, but it's semi-risky.

Currency on your account, subscriptions and purchases sometimes don't switch over. I think it's normally Gold that doesn't switch properly, but if you contact MS support they'll refund your Gold sub and you can purchase it again.

https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Pachi72

Wanna ask some advice. I don't own an Xbox one console. I want to get on for the backwards compatible games. A friend told me don't get original console. Get the One S. Does the games look better on S than original or just as bad as it did on 360? I want to get the best console for best looking 360 games. I don't care for X 4K output.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wanna ask some advice. I don't own an Xbox one console. I want to get on for the backwards compatible games. A friend told me don't get original console. Get the One S. Does the games look better on S than original or just as bad as it did on 360? I want to get the best console for best looking 360 games. I don't care for X 4K output.

The X isn't just about 4K output. It does supersampling in 1080p as well as anti-aliasing that the One S doesn't do. Even without a 4K TV, the One X is going to be your best bet if you want "the best console for best looking 360 games".

The One S is only a marginal upgrade over the original console. There are a few games that run a bit better due to the increased CPU power, but honestly if you don't want to pay for the upgrade to the X and you're mostly just looking to play 360 games in BC the original Xbox One is probably what you're looking for.

Leonidas

Wanna ask some advice. I don't own an Xbox one console. I want to get on for the backwards compatible games. A friend told me don't get original console. Get the One S. Does the games look better on S than original or just as bad as it did on 360? I want to get the best console for best looking 360 games.

X is the way to go if that's your goal.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Xbox One X is the only answer.

CRAIG667

Looks like it's disc only. Canadian store doesn't have it or sale. :(

I have the disc but can confirm that in the UK it can be bought on the store for £11.99... Could be a store error or licensing issue for Canada?
Perhaps you could switch regions and download it that way if you really want it digitally?

none of these will be b/c because it'd be too cool. Freedom Fighters, Soul Calibur 2, All the rest of Team Ninja's games from that gen, The Warriors, Manhunt and the GTA Double Pack. 😒

Lort

Banned
Okay I was the guy who hated the way Borderlands 1 feels on an xbone... I just wanted to share a little bit about my new console (1tb white xbox one S).

I am one of those guys who loves the 360/PS3 era and STILL think that was the best generation in gaming (I'm an old Atari/Arcade guy, too) Anyway I never liked the Xbox One much but I recently picked one up because one of my best friends uses xbox one exclusively and has been wanting me to play stuff with him (one). I hadn't messed with it since before the S came out.. When I booted it up it found my account and said 187 games ready to download and install. I tried borderlands again (just to see if the lag was fixed - it wasn't) and then I was like "I will try a few more 360 games on this new console and see if the lag is not as obvious.

I'm really sensitive when it comes to input lag. so I tried out games that require twitch triggers: Pinball FX1, Final Fight Double Whatever (to play some Magic Sword), Pac Man CE. And it turns out - really all games are quite playable (on a gaming monitor). I guess Borderlands 1 is just one of those games with botched emulation.

Its probabaly due to 3 things all put together
*360 adds one frame of lag
*Borderlands already had slow responce
*The xbox one controller has a different response curve and is slower to respond to small movements ( fixable if u have an elitie controller and change the response curve)

ReBurn

burnout 3
ssx tricky
jet set radio future
The first two are some of my favourite games of all time, and third one I've never played but it always looked cool so I wanted to try.
Sega and Microsoft really need to get on the JSRF. That title absolutely needs to be in the lineup.

CRAIG667

Its probabaly due to 3 things all put together
*360 adds one frame of lag
*Borderlands already had slow responce
*The xbox one controller has a different response curve and is slower to respond to small movements ( fixable if u have an elitie controller and change the response curve)

They've improved Borderlands immensely since it's initial BC release, the lag was way more noticeable at first but having gone back and played it on original 360 hardware I can say that the input lag on that game has ALWAYS been an issue so I don't think there is anyway to improve on what we've now got C wise.

Artistic

Weren't the servers for Double Agent shut down?
Just tried to play some MP matches. Says Squad servers are not available, if that's referring to all online servers, I would guess so.

Disappointing that neither games have active online communities given the popularity of the game mode. Haven't given co-op a fair shake in Splinter Cell, but not what I want to digest right now.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just tried to play some MP matches. Says Squad servers are not available, if that's referring to all online servers, I would guess so.

Disappointing that neither games have active online communities given the popularity of the game mode. Haven't given co-op a fair shake in Splinter Cell, but not what I want to digest right now.
Damn that's disappointing. I loved the multiplayer.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Always good to see the library growing, even if they're games I'm not personally interested in. I'm sure someone out there is excited for this.

Thiagosc777

Since Watch Dogs has an Xbox one version, i'm afraid the BC will be the very hard to get, if not impossible.

I wish, because I'd rather have decent games I can't play, but we got things like Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Call of Duty Ghosts. It's not impossible.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
As PlayStation owner, MS I salute you
dhMeAzK.gif

Thiagosc777

I was hoping for some OG Xbox games later in the Inside Xbox show. Because they announced this now, I guess there won't be anything new until next week.

Oemenia

Banned
It's not Metal Gear but damn I can't complain when BiB is this good. Could really do with an X patch though, insane jaggies on this and Gunslinger.

Zewp

Is Kingdoms of Amalur BC yet?

That's all I'm waiting for. I'll even settle for a remaster. Just give me a way to play it on this gen, dammit!

Top Bottom