• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

f0lken

Damn, I didn't want Ryse but now I want it just for the combination of the Day one editions with Forza an DR. Nice OP

Put me in the dashboard :D

ibkaVH6TcVv0tT.gif

ibjSynFDdwIAKz.gif

Linkhero1

I'm not buying the One at launch but I'm still interested in buying one in the future. Personally, I think the first party and exclusive launch titles are better than the PS4. I'm getting to see Major Nelson this weekend so I'm definitely going to have a chat with him about the One.

FordGTGuy

Banned
It seems to me that all the talk around those two games have been largely negative. I've already got a PS4 paid off so I'll be getting the third party games there. What other games are there that I'm overlooking?

Actually RYSE is getting quite a few positive impressions lately and Dead Rising 3 beyond 720p and the performance issues that could be all fixed at launch the game is loved by all that play it.

Effect

I'm not buying the One at launch but I'm still interested in buying one in the future. Personally, I think the first party and exclusive launch titles are better than the PS4. I'm getting to see Major Nelson this weekend so I'm definitely going to have a chat with him about the One.

That's where I'm at. Not getting one right away. Really want to see what the exclusive line up looks like going forward. Same with the PS4. If there is one thing I've realized looking back at the games I did play and enjoyed the most on the Wii, PS3, and 360 it was exclusives and not multiplatforms. So those certainly won't be a deciding factor as I might not buy a lot of them at all going forward for any platform.

BraXzy

incredible.

seriously.

dunno about overall numbers of devices, but range and response and accuracy are very pleasing to me. Including a couple of my obscure devices.

How does it work? I haven't looked into it. It allows you to control other devices right?

Kacho

Really wish the Day One achievement was worth 1000. Would sell a few more consoles to achievement whores.

It's part of the "legacy" achievements, right? I got one for pre ordering the Xbox through the dashboard, but it was worth 0GP as far as I could tell.

Satchel

Banned
Actually RYSE is getting quite a few positive impressions lately and Dead Rising 3 beyond 720p and the performance issues that could be all fixed at launch the game is loved by all that play it.

You're back

Man I wish Quantum Break was a launch title. Would have bought multiple copies. Standard, LE and any other shit they wanna throw at me. Game looks fucking spectacular and given how amazing Alan Wake is I'm expecting big things.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
How does it work? I haven't looked into it. It allows you to control other devices right?
yep. It fires multiple IR beams and is exceptionally accurate and able to solve almost any line of sight issue that would happen in a normal room.

setup is super easy. Choose device and brand and boom, good to go. You don't manually enter codes or any of that guff. Then you can decide if you want it to power down Av receiver and tv when say " xbo, turn off"

EdgeXL

Pardon me for asking but how will the rxtra content on Day One Editions work? Will it be vouchers in the games with codes, content on the disc or will we just be able to download the extra content when the system sees we have the game on day one?

RoKKeR

Damn, I didn't want Ryse but now I want it just for the combination of the Day one editions with Forza an DR. Nice OP

Put me in the dashboard :D

Don't think the actual game cases look like that unfortunately - it was for promotional stuff only.

Edit: Forgot about the train! Awesome, let me on.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
yep. It fires multiple IR beams and is exceptionally accurate and able to solve almost any line of sight issue that would happen in a normal room.

setup is super easy. Choose device and brand and boom, good to go. You don't manually enter codes or any of that guff. Then you can decide if you want it to power down Av receiver and tv when say " xbo, turn off"

awesome

Had to pull a shitty three hour shift at work tonight, which essentially consisted of watching TV, and the UK seems to have gone One crazy in ads. Had Sky Sports News on at work and the Forza and Dead Rising advertisements where repeated every 10 minutes. Cannot wait for Friday. With a touch of luck Shopto, will get it to me on Thursday

Batigol

Banned
Still on the fence about where to get the xbone. Ain't got the room nor time for both consoles so I have to choose

Went with PS3 this generation mainly because of the free online, now without that it's up in the air. But I prefer the xbox ui, launch line-up and achievements over trophies.

On the other hand, everyone I know is getting a ps4

Ugh :(

Top Bottom