• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Bsigg12

t4VaYTv.jpg

Him! Lots of gif potential too.

Terribe image quality, sorry.

TC.gif

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Cheers guys. Xbox Fitness looks just what I need. I did a lot of UFC trainer but it was hard with the original Kinect due to its viewing angle so it didn't always detect me.

Hoping Kinect 2.0 works much better. Going to even re-layout my room just to cater for Kinect and the area needed for the workouts.

old

So excited for many of the features. 5.1 sound port on the controller. Snap. Dedicated servers for every game. Low latency controller. Offset analog sticks. ESPN. And snap.

I said snap twice. Now thrice.

Bdub

Yes, well done OP.

Bought a second controller today. Feels great.

Pre-paid Marvel Lego so my son has something to play until Minecraft.

Pre-ordered Just Dance so my wife has something to play.

Upgrading COD for me, and getting Forza.

I'm uber-hyped. I'm HUPED!

YincUqV.gif

danwarb

The auto sign in and "show my stuff" command could be brilliant. A personalised Xbox Guide with Netflix, Skydrive channels and whatever else, for everyone.

Great OT man. I'm still paying my preorder off amazon with gift cards. I'm really excited for xbox fitness more than any game. Hopefully the launch games are better received (Ryse in particular) than PS4s. I got my PS4 all set up and I got a nice snug space for my Xbone!!!

RyudBoy

My day one XBone won't arrive until Dec 2nd or 3rd. Hope Amazon is nice and ship early like they do on occasion.

I was this close to buying a PS4 last night just for Battlefield 4. In the end, I realized I could only afford 1 system at the moment and other than BF4, there's nothing that sparks my interest on Sony's system. I will definitely get a PS4 down the line for Uncharted and The Order, and for the better multiplat games.

I just gotta have Killer Instinct though, and it's the main reason why I'm dropping 500 bones next week on an X1. Can't. Fucking. Wait!

Effect

This might sound crazy but I'm really hoping the Xbox One's launch goes well and more games are announced for it. My main system this past gen was the Wii. I don't regret that as I was very happy with the games I played be they from Nintendo or even third parties. However I did get a PS3 and a 360. At the time I wasn't really willing to spend money on Xbox Live so that limited which games I bought as I didn't want waste money. That I kinda regret and wish I had focused more on the Xbox 360 over the years. I'm in a better place financially now so Live or PSn arent' going to be issues I worry about going forward. So both the PS4 and XB1 are options now to balance out my Wii U in time.

Even with all the issues the XB1 has had since E3 I still want to lean toward to the Xbox One for perhaps one reason tipping the scale. I think Microsoft is going to cater to the American consumer more. I want to be catered as a customer and I know I will not get that from Nintendo. I'll get that from Sony but likely less then Microsoft I think. Is it wrong to think this way and have that as reason?

StUnNeR H2K

Going to be a long work week... Mine should arrive via UPS Friday, I have the day off, but am working my part-time job during the day since it is on a come&go as a please basis, and will leave when I get the confirmation from the wife it has been delivered! Otherwise I would be walking around the house pacing!

BTM

My roommate is getting one. Will probably buy a controller since I plan to get an Xbox One eventually. Also curious if they're going to show anything about new games coming in the next year or so. Would love to see some Sunset Overdrive or Halo.

Top Bottom