• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

Silkworm

This is ALWAYS true.

I'm with you El_Chino, my fellow Gator brethren! ;-) Go Gators! What a great win for the Gators tonight vs. UK. Finally a signature win for the season. Just need to keep a level head and follow through with a victory at Georgia. Won't be easy as Georgia is a tough match up and almost beat UF in Gainesville (a game the Gators didn't really deserve to win). Anyway, I'm just going to savor this win for now :)

Go Gators! It's great to be a Florida Gator :) And if you aren't a Gator you're gatorbait! :-D

I don't understand how we're going to be an underdog against Saint Mary's. Our OoC schedule isn't great but Saint Mary's is complete trash compared to ours and we beat them by 23 earlier in the season.

scoobs

Watch the highlights, its 90% cherry picking. Don't get me wrong, 92 points is technically a lot of points, but the way in which these teams play is an embarrassment to the game of basketball.

The only one in his family to not be a 5 star recruit. Whata scrub.

3 upsets in the 3 games last night in the Big Ten.

Maryland falls at Penn St. Illinois beats NW on the road. And Michigan holds home court vs Sparty. All 3 of those teams needed wins badly and got them against good opponents. BT tournament should be pretty interesting.

With Rutgers next, Minnesota can draw (virtually) even with a win at home vs Iowa tonight.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Roy just hasn't had any kind of answer for K over the years. The only time he's been able to consistently win was with arguably the best team of his career against one of K's worst (and easily his worst while Roy has been at UNC). UNC went 5-1 during that 3-year stretch and Duke is 12-4 since then (and 6-3 prior).

GG

one of the better rivalry games in terms of offense.

Duke-Carolina doesn't have the same animosity that it once did (the two schools are just too intermingled these days, hell I read an ESPN piece about Grayson Allen and Joel Berry being BFFs the other day) but its always going to be the gold standard for CBB rivalvries because the basketball is always great.

Consistently good teams that always play entertaining TV-friendly basketball. Last night was one of the best games (maybe not in terms of drama or stakes, but in terms of quality of the basketball being played on both ends) I've seen in a while. Plenty of points put up and it wasn't even like there was bad defense, just guys making tough shots for both teams.

Duke-Carolina doesn't have the same animosity that it once did (the two schools are just too intermingled these days, hell I read an ESPN piece about Grayson Allen and Joel Berry being BFFs the other day) but its always going to be the gold standard for CBB rivalvries because the basketball is always great.

Consistently good teams that always play entertaining TV-friendly basketball. Last night was one of the best games (maybe not in terms of drama or stakes, but in terms of quality of the basketball being played on both ends) I've seen in a while. Plenty of points put up and it wasn't even like there was bad defense, just guys making tough shots for both teams.

Agree to disagree, friendo

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Solid week for WVU, avenging early losses to Oklahoma and Kansas St.

We'll probably be on the other side of the coin Monday night though as I don't see us winning at Kansas.

Oh wow

C4Z-t78WQAAxj7v.jpg

Dennis Smith Jr. could probably not play another second in college and be no worse than a top 5 pick in the draft tbh. Might be the best course of action ultimately...

ryseing

NC State should fire their entire athletic department management.

Yow has done wonders for the non-revenue sports. Unfortunately football and MBB have fallen flat on their faces, which is what 90% of the base care about. She's set to retire either next year or the year after so I'm in favor of letting her go with grace as long as she agrees to hire an outside firm for the MBB hire. Plus, she is Kay's sister so firing her would not be the best look.

Oh wow

C4Z-t78WQAAxj7v.jpg

Dennis Smith Jr. could probably not play another second in college and be no worse than a top 5 pick in the draft tbh. Might be the best course of action ultimately...

It's a total meltdown. I'm getting flashback to the late Lowe years, but I don't think Lowe's players ever completely quit on him.

Proelite

My top picks for title is UCLA, Gonzaga, UNC, and Nova.

UNC and Nova because they brought back majority of their starters from their finals teams.

UCLA because they can shoot their way to the title.

Gonzaga because karma says they're due for a final four or title.

Top Bottom