• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

ryseing

Two historic programs on suicide watch. What a time to be alive. I'd pity you Indiana but y'all may just steal Archie from us so I have no sympathy.

In b4 hurr hurr State isn't a historic program

Proelite

Two historic programs on suicide watch. What a time to be alive. I'd pity you Indiana but y'all may just steal Archie from us so I have no sympathy.

In b4 hurr hurr State isn't a historic program

NC State should hire Tom Crean. That should be entertaining and might work out pretty well.

C4kEExkVYAAJkHd.jpg

Semi, what a beast.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking hell what a choke job by WVU at Kansas. Up 14 with under 3 to go and now looks like we're going to lose in OT.

Props to KU for hitting some tough shots. But pathetic we couldn't handle their press the last two minutes when we go against our own in practice regularly.

scoobs

That was such a terrible performance by Kansas and somehow we still win. Allen Fieldhouse is a magical building

jayhawker

lol West Virginia. We were terrible all game and somehow won. Couldn't have happened against a nicer team either. WVU plays such ugly ball I can't stand watching them.

The sitting US President declines to fill out brackets for ESPN unlike Obama for the past 8 years.

Also, just saw a car with a NC State Wolfpack license plate holder and Pat McCrory for Governor bumper sticker.

full

The sitting US President declines to fill out brackets for ESPN unlike Obama for the past 8 years.

I'm OK with this. The less Trump on my television, the better.

Also, just saw a car with a NC State Wolfpack license plate holder and Pat McCrory for Governor bumper sticker.

That's it. This one fan ruined it for everyone. ryseing, you're now stuck with Gottfried until the end of time.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Hoosiers' season is over and their team knows it. Gophers are playing like crap...just over 18 percent from the floor and they are somehow winning at the half.

Pence has cursed Indiana.

I meant the UVA Hoos =P

Unless that's the joke haha

Come on Hoos!

Hoosiers' season is over and their team knows it.

Bro.

That reminds me...

In 1990, Virginia football started the year 7-0 and made it all the way up to #1 in the polls. They started to answer the phones on campus with "Hoos #1?," a question with itself as an answer.

They lost the next week to Georgia Tech and finished the year 8-4. Meanwhile, the Yellow Jackets went on to split the national championship (with Colorado).

But you kids wouldn't know anything about that.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad no one listened to us when we wanted Tatum gone a few weeks ago.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
With Allen hobbling on that ankle, I wonder why we aren't seeing more Frank?

edit: Holy shit. Tatum.

If you'd told me before the game that Grayson and Luke would combine for 5-19 and we'd be up 10 on the road against UVA with 2 min left? GTFO.

I meant the UVA Hoos =P

Unless that's the joke haha

Name makes no sense. Care to tell me how Cavaliers turns into Hoos?

AnyHoo, Reggie Lynch doesnt really know how to manage a game. Gophers will go as far as his head. Konate makes 1 play a game as backup. That's pathetic. Lynch needs to stay on the floor.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Bro.

That reminds me...

In 1990, Virginia football started the year 7-0 and made it all the way up to #1 in the polls. They started to answer the phones on campus with "Hoos #1?," a question with itself as an answer.

They lost the next week to Georgia Tech and finished the year 8-4. Meanwhile, the Yellow Jackets went on to split the national championship (with Colorado).

But you kids wouldn't know anything about that.

Beat me by two years! My first season actively watching college football was 1992 when Michigan got stomped in the Rose Bowl by Steve Emtman and the Washington Huskies.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../mark-gottfried-fired-nc-state-wolfpack-coach

SOURCE: ryseing named interim coach at NC State

Source: Mark Gottfried fired at NC State

NC State coach Mark Gottfried has been fired Thursday, a source told ESPN.

The Wolfpack lost 97-73 at home to the 10th-ranked Tar Heels on Tuesday. Last Saturday, they suffered a 30-point loss at bubble team Wake Forest.

Gottfried, 53, was hired by athletic director Debbie Yow in 2011 and proceeded to go to the NCAA tournament in each of his first four seasons, including a pair of Sweet 16 appearances. He had three years -- worth an estimated $2.3 million -- on his deal.

However, the Wolfpack were 16-17 last season and are 14-12 and 3-10 in ACC play this season, with a likely high lottery pick on the roster in Dennis Smith Jr.

ryseing

Why didn't they get an assistant coach to be the new head coach. If the assistant coach somehow can string together a sweep / close to sweep of the final season games, and win / make the ACC title game, they can still get a NCAA bid.

Entire staff is getting fired and this team isn't making it past the ACCT play-in game. We aren't getting to the NIT let alone the Dance.

Now, if Whittenberg/Lutz was still on staff? I'd say go with one of them and let them prove their case as an assistant for the next guy. But both of them are gone so.

Nah, they're giving that job to Pack Pride. Y'all remember Twitch Plays Pokemon? It's like that, but with more racism.

This is as good a place as any to post my thoughts now that the bandage is finally ripped off. Goodbye to Mark Gottfried. Your tenure was filled with hope immediately followed by the crushing pain of reality. You may remember the 2012-13 team that came in ranked preseason top 10 and then thanks to chemistry issues fell apart to Temple in the round of 64. Teams like that one exemplify Gott's NC State tenure- lots of hype, occasional bright spots, and abject disappointment. Thanks for the two S16s and the win @Carolina where we held them to a record-low of points. I won't miss the lack of any defense and extreme reliance on the three whatsoever.

This next hire will determine the fate of basketball in the state of North Carolina for the next decade+ with K and Roy on the verge of retiring. If NC State was ever going to reclaim its rightful place on the throne, the time is now. I can only hope that our athletic department makes the right decision (ahem Kevin Keatts ahem).

Proelite

Entire staff is getting fired and this team isn't making it past the ACCT play-in game. We aren't getting to the NIT let alone the Dance.

Now, if Whittenberg/Lutz was still on staff? I'd say go with one of them and let them prove their case as an assistant for the next guy. But both of them are gone so.

Nah, they're giving that job to Pack Pride. Y'all remember Twitch Plays Pokemon? It's like that, but with more racism.

This is as good a place as any to post my thoughts now that the bandage is finally ripped off. Goodbye to Mark Gottfried. Your tenure was filled with hope immediately followed by the crushing pain of reality. You may remember the 2012-13 team that came in ranked preseason top 10 and then thanks to chemistry issues fell apart to Temple in the round of 64. Teams like that one exemplify Gott's NC State tenure- lots of hype, occasional bright spots, and abject disappointment. Thanks for the two S16s and the win @Carolina where we held them to a record-low of points. I won't miss the lack of any defense and extreme reliance on the three whatsoever.

This next hire will determine the fate of basketball in the state of North Carolina for the next decade+ with K and Roy on the verge of retiring. If NC State was ever going to reclaim its rightful place on the throne, the time is now. I can only hope that our athletic department makes the right decision (ahem Kevin Keatts ahem).

??? Don't you mean overdue shot to sit on the throne.
No one is entitled to the throne.

ryseing

??? Don't you mean overdue shot to sit on the throne.
No one is entitled to the throne.

Everett Case made basketball what it is in North Carolina. It was always our throne, and it's about time we took it back.

And yes, I realize I'm one of those delusional Wolfpackers Deadspin took a shot at today.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Kyrie is a flat-earther.

Maybe he should've spent another year at Duke...

Apparently Kyrie is a flat-earther.

Maybe he should've spent another year at Duke...

I said in the NBA thread that I choose to believe that he's trolling. I'll amend that to say it's also possible that he lost a bet and has to keep up this charade. The combo option is that this is the bet.

Top Bottom