• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else get really nervous when you see somebody quoted you?

Do you get nervous when somebody quotes you?

• Total voters

Barsinister

Banned
PN5Amjg.jpg

When someone goes overboard on attacking me and i feel threatened? Like if a discussion gets that heated then yes that is a problem. I don't think it's ever gotten to that point thankfully.
You feel threatened by words on a screen? Or are you referring to a face-to-face discussion.

I struggle to grasp the concept that words on a screen can genuinely impinge on anyone's safety (with the exception of private information being put into the public domain - doxxing etc.)

TaySan

Banned
You feel threatened by words on a screen? Or are you referring to a face-to-face discussion.

I struggle to grasp the concept that words on a screen can genuinely impinge on anyone's safety (with the exception of private information being put into the public domain - doxxing etc.)
Yes stuff like doxxing and stalking behavior. That is threatening to me. I'm not talking about just regular insults or poking fun or whatever.

Last edited:
Not at all over here. At least here no matter if someone agrees or disagrees it seems that you can have some reasonable discussing regardless of opinion. At the other place though whenever I was quoted it was basically a welcome mat into the slaughter house on a way to being banned. A battle I've lost one too many times LOL

When I first started posting here, I was nervous about how my posts might be received because I knew NeoGAF was a pretty big, pretty active gaming community and that I should probably only make insightful posts worth reading.

I observed people would make sarcastic, funny posts and I remember typing a dramatic dialogue exchange about a SEGA employee and his boss that ended with the latter announcing the right time to strike and release the Dreamcast 2. I remember immediately after hitting reply, wondering if I should be ashamed for making a silly post but I got a couple laughs and fire reactions out of it. No one replied saying it was stupid or anything.

I do think that as a new member, whether you're coming from a lesser-known dying forum or someplace crazy like ResetEra, that you're probably going to feel nervous about how others might respond. Not a lot but a little bit. You get over it after a while though once you interact more with others.

Last edited:
I almost never notice I receive replies because I never check notifications on most websites/services. Only time I notice is if I'm still in that thread when replied to or if I revisit it sometime later like "oh yeah, I posted in there!" :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Tesseract

Banned
I get very sad when I'm not quoted atleast 5 times a day.

GamingKaiju

Strangely enough I find discussing politics to be more relaxing than gaming. If I get quoted on a gaming thread I know it’ll be some armchair silicon engineer explaining why the PS5 SSD is truly next gen whilst ignoring computational power. Like yeh I get it the SSD is amazing and you suck Cerny off.

Discussing politics can be very lose at times unless you have a blue check markon your Twitter than I know you’re a communist.

Papa

Banned
Strangely enough I find discussing politics to be more relaxing than gaming. If I get quoted on a gaming thread I know it’ll be some armchair silicon engineer explaining why the PS5 SSD is truly next gen whilst ignoring computational power. Like yeh I get it the SSD is amazing and you suck Cerny off.

Discussing politics can be very lose at times unless you have a blue check markon your Twitter than I know you’re a communist.

Mista Mista Scopa Scopa MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima

Are you beginning to understand Matthew’s genius that you sneered at all this time?

Top Bottom