• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Tarazet

And yes, I got one this time. :) No bundle!

20 GB
60 GB

EDIT: I need to introduce a little FAQ.

Q: Am I going to get my PS3???

A: We don't know yet. Every possible scenario has been put up, from total cancellation to fulfillment of each and every order. Wait and see.

Q: Can I still change my shipping option?

A: Wait for now. Once everything is sorted out, and the orders are honored (I hope) you will be able to do this with an email or phone call to Best Buy customer service.

Q: I can't see my order when I log in, only when I input my order information.

A: That probably just means you weren't logged in. Don't worry about it. I don't know how to explain those saying they were logged in.

Q: My order says "Backordered." Why?

A: You probably got in too late, right after the door closed on you.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This happened last year with 360's and they cancelled orders :(

No hardware section up in the PS3 section.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Wow, nice find. I don't want one until Motorstorm ships, but congrats to all snagging these up. I got my 360 from this site.

kamikaze

Matrix said:

i really wasn't expecting to get one at launch so if they do cancel, i won't be too disappointed. at least now i have glimmer of hope.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
OMG. The order went through. 60GB. Overnight shipping to my office.

Did it really? If this works... Sonorrat <3 <3 <3

Matrix said:

No hardware section up in the PS3 section.

Well, it's how I got my Xbox and my Gamecube at launch. Maybe the good old days are back.

Tarazet

carlos said:
congrats sonarrat
good luck everyone :)
(no best buys in PR :( .....)

STFU, you get everything good in Puerto Rico. :p
Only kidding. All is forgiven.

By the way, this hasn't hit CAG or Fatwallet yet, and the only way I found it was through Froogle search. I think if you've ordered by now, you're clear.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Best Buy is good at confirming within 24 hours. But yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Online orders will be a crap shoot from now until next year.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Crap, they charged my card already, I have to do the funding dance for a few days while transfers do their thing

I was hoping they wouldn't charge until it shipped

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Well, it's how I got my Xbox and my Gamecube at launch. Maybe the good old days are back.

I'm not saying this wont work*you never know*,but this happened last year for a bunch of people *me included* who found the link to pre-order the 360 and we all got emails later saying it was cancelled.

Later Bestbuy.com put up bundles,when it was up officially.

heh....wouldnt it be funny if this actually turned out to be some sort of clever phishing scam disguised as a BB PS3 preorder page?? :D

cuz then i'd be truly f***ed, since i just preordered a 20 gigger :lol :lol :lol
anyways, thx OP

Holy shit.... I got it!

.... I'm shaking. I remember I thought I got a 360 through K-Mart last year and they cancelled my order. But Best Buy's better so... here's hoping. Thanks for the heads-up, Sonarrat!

Tarazet

NotMSRP said:
So you like $599.99 that much?

$499.99. And right now, I do indeed like it that much. If I get a system on my doorstep I'm buying everything I can at BB from then on.

Black_Ice said:
QUICK, what does the 20Gig Version NOT HAVE that matters? QUICKLY

Memory card slots and a larger hard drive. Both can be compensated for with expansion hardware, probably for less money.

If they still have orders up on the site after all this time without people being rejected, I'm thinking most of us are going to end up very disappointed soon.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Where did you get this link? I couldn't find the link to this on bestbuy.com but I ordered it anyway

If this goes through sonnarat YOU CAN HAVE MY BABIES

Dead

well not really...yet
kenta said:
Crap, they charged my card already, I have to do the funding dance for a few days while transfers do their thing

I was hoping they wouldn't charge until it shipped
Same here. Most likely it's just for the Authorization part, the money should appear back in your account soon and then charged for real when it ships.

At least that's how other websites who do it this way operate (that I've used anyway) guessing it's the same here.

JCBossman

Banned
I was going to go for this but than I noticed Sonarrat, is the one that found it, sorry man, but you are having some BAD luck lately, and I wanna stay away from that MOJO. Although IF this does go thru, I guess your cured!:)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
No memory card slots? So on the 20GB version there's no way to play your PS2 games from that save file?

No Wifi?!?!

Oh, and thanks sonarrat.

I have a feeling b the time I make my decision they're going to be gone. . .

Tarazet

Wario64 said:
Where did you get this link? I couldn't find the link to this on bestbuy.com but I ordered it anyway

If this goes through sonnarat YOU CAN HAVE MY BABIES

:lol It showed up on a froogle.google.com search. Same way I found that *cough* other link, actually.

hey sonnarat, how did you discover that BB was preordering? did you find this out from another forum or somethin??? how long ago? cuz i checked around the other boards like playstation.com and slickdeals.net...boards which are usually on top of this like flies on stink....but they dont seem to know about this yet.....

so im keeping my fingers crossed that we GAFers are in the first batch of preorder :D

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
BarneyBP said:
I'm growing distrustful.

This is going to be like Kmart.com all over again. Hold me, mej.

Actually, I just checked my order history at BB.com, and I see an order on 12/18/05 for $476 and change. That was my premium X360. I ordered it WITHOUT a bundle on that famous BestBuy Dec. 18 relaunch of the system (their second shipment, which lasted all of 6 minutes online, IIRC). BB stopped doing bundles at some point, even online.

Perhaps they will NOT be forcing bundles for the PS3, and these orders WILL go through?

typhonsentra said:
If they still have orders up on the site after all this time without people being rejected, I'm thinking most of us are going to end up very disappointed soon.

Meh....If it doesn't come through

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
sonarrat said:
:lol It showed up on a froogle.google.com search. Same way I found that *cough* other link, actually.

Jesus I hope this goes through. This will be so ****ing great if this goes through

Top Bottom