• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Gadeus

That is so awesome, thanks a ton for posting this. I'm so glad I was too sick to camp out for a Gamestop preorder.

kamikaze

frAntic_Frog said:
heh....wouldnt it be funny if this actually turned out to be some sort of clever phishing scam disguised as a BB PS3 preorder page?? :D

cuz then i'd be truly f***ed, since i just preordered a 20 gigger :lol :lol :lol
anyways, thx OP

heh, yeah, it actually would be pretty clever. :p fortunately, i logged in to my best buy account and it had the right credit card info pre-loaded. it's fine. :)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Black_Ice said:
Bah, I could get it right now, but then I couldn't get a Wii.

****, I hate making decisions.

;_;

Um... order it now. Decide later. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get your money back... somehow...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
It's not a phishing scam. My Firefox and IE7 phishing filters didn't pick it up, and logging into my account brought up all the right info from when I put in my X360 order last December.

and is there any way to change the shipping to in-store pickup on the 17th??? i would love to stroll in on the 17th right in front of the faces of all those campers and pickup a PS3 at the preorder counter and stroll out just like a walk in the park :lol :lol :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ahahaha, i am soooooo f'ing weak!

i knew i'd likely get a ps3 eventually, but i really wasnt in a hurry.... untill i saw this thread. 20 gig baby, next day air. :lol

Woohoo *yoink*

**** I am SO weak willed. I was like, "oh I'll ignore all the hype this time." "Take it easy and not deal with bundles"

Then this thread pops up and I literally dive from my desk to grab teh credit card.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Tried. In-store pickup was disabled for me. I opted for overnight shipping to my office.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Well, I do have a PS2 so there'd be no point in worrying about memory card slots.

But what exactly do you guys mean by no Wifi?

As in, no internets from my hotspot in my house?

X_X

kamikaze said:
heh, yeah, it actually would be pretty clever. :p fortunately, i logged in to my best buy account and it had the right credit card info pre-loaded. it's fine. :)
thanx for the reassurance.....i had my suspicions raised sinced i went to the BB.com page and couldnt find the preorder page....glad to have that cleared up

Tarazet

Wollan said:
I'm surprised it's still open. I guess it hasn't spread too much yet on this Saturday evening.

I looks like for once, I scooped everyone. CAG and Fatwallet still don't know about it.

kamikaze

frAntic_Frog said:
and is there any way to change the shipping to in-store pickup on the 17th??? i would love to stroll in on the 17th right in front of the faces of all those campers and pickup a PS3 at the preorder counter and stroll out just like a walk in the park :lol :lol :lol

if you did that, i'd bring security with you and make sure no one follows you on your ride home. :lol

sangreal

eh, I ordered. Why not, its just credit anyway. It'll probably be cancelled, but none of my 360 preorders from the internets were cancelled so I'm hopeful. Nothing to lose really

kamikaze

sonarrat said:
I looks like for once, I scooped everyone. CAG and Fatwallet still don't know about it.

awesome job. wonder if the mods would deem it worthy of a new tag...that's assuming you aren't really attached to your 'skin flute' one. ;)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I can cancel Pre-Orders from Best Buy as long as it's before the thing ships right?

*ANSWER QUICKLY*

So the question now is, does Next Day Air mean it will be delivered on Sat, because normally that is a different service charge.

Next Day Air shipped on a Friday means Monday, right? Unless it is Next Day Air Saturday Delivery.

Oh, and THANK YOU SONARRAT!!!

Dirtbag

Anyone that passes this thread up is a fool, its either gaming bliss/bragging rights or easy money ( not that I condone that sorta thing ). Either way, if you can find a launch ps3, buy it and figure out what to do with it later.

What the hell are you idiots waiting for... 60 gig vs. 20 gig... Just buy the damn thing b4 its too late.

ethelred said:
Are they charging peoples' credit cards right away? Or waiting until ship date?
this was in the confirmation email they sent me:

"We will send you an e-mail that includes the shipping date and tracking number of your item(s) once they are packed and ready to be shipped from our warehouse. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item(s) to you. "

gprime

Hmm.. I'm Canadian and tried one of those Shop the State sites with this. Only costs $5 for mail forwarding + custom fees (but no sales tax). Shouldn't be TOO bad I hope. And I can always cancel this if I can secure a preorder in Canada before launch, right?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ordered a 60gb, though i doubt this is going to go through.

the total with tax and shipping is $666. ominous. and expensive. :x

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm sticking on the safe side and only ordering 1. Don't want to get canceled for double ordering.

dante786

Banned
Hope this works, i just got one, 60 GB version. I'll prob sell it on ebay tho, then pick it up again in feb or march with motorstorm. Thanks for the heads up GAF

gprime

drohne said:

Why not? It's only been up for what.. 5 minutes? The 4 forums I frequent all have a thread about this.. the internet is going crazy! So.. I doubt this will last longer than 5 more minutes.

if this preorder is rejected, i wonder if you can still go instore to a BB before the 17th, and use a Customer Fulfillment form to purchase a PS3......thats how i bought the rare x800xt video card from BB when it first came out and was hard to order online

ethelred

frAntic_Frog said:
this was in the confirmation email they sent me:

"We will send you an e-mail that includes the shipping date and tracking number of your item(s) once they are packed and ready to be shipped from our warehouse. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item(s) to you. "

That's what I thought, but they've actually put through the 600$ charge on my card. Odd.

joeposh

drohne said:

Just bit on a 60 gig as well... jury is still out on whether I want to keep it or not, but I figure this will at least save me a very cold night in Chicago if it goes through. Even if I decide against the PS3, I can always return it or use it to cover my Wii related costs :) .

ChrisReid

Neato, guess you can't go wrong with a preorder here.

I don't even feel bad about buying one of these to resell them, because the people who will catch these quick online things will be mainly people ordering them to resell them.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
oh jesus christ oh mighy I pulled the trigger

please god let it be true

please don't make this be some kind of fluke or delay or the mail messing up on delivery or an act of god please

plz plz plz

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
apparently you can't get to the ps3 listings from the bestbuy storefront itself -- i don't think these are supposed to be up, and it's 50/50 whether stores actually honor links like this.

Top Bottom