• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Tarazet

Shit, now CAG knows about it.

I hate to say it, but I'll only really feel comfortable with this after they close the preorders so I know this isn't a fluke.

BarneyBP

Me too. No offense to those reading this later who didn't get in on the deal, but I'm not going to feel good until it reads "sold out"

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
ethelred said:
That's what I thought, but they've actually put through the 600$ charge on my card. Odd.

Sounds like an authorization. Those usually drop off within a few days if a bill is not sent by the merchant.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Oh shit? The PS3 hits on a Friday? If overnight delivery means Saturday, then getting it sent to the office was a BAD move. If that means Monday, then I'm fine. Anyone have any idea?

I suppose I can always change the shipping address before it goes... once the order is confirmed (wishful thinking).

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
drohne said:
apparently you can't get to the ps3 listings from the bestbuy storefront itself -- i don't think these are supposed to be up, and it's 50/50 whether stores actually honor links like this.

OH, YOUR BULLSHITING ME

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
well my credit line was reduced by $650, but no charge is listed. It's most likely an authorization charge to see if the card is chargable.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
If you use the estimated arrival calculator for overnight shipping, it says 11/18, Saturday.

I too am surprised and concerned that the preorders are still up and open. The longer it stays up, the more I'm convinced this is a glitch and that the preorders will NOT be honored.

alr1ght

i think they did. I saw PS3 available and ripped out my credit card. It was like a reflex. :lol

Jeff-DSA

FTWer said:
OH, YOUR BULLSHITING ME

Amazon has accidentally activated Wii preorders twice, but both times they have decided to honor the orders. I'm really hoping Best Buy is as cool as Amazon if this is a mistake.

Tarazet

drohne said:
apparently you can't get to the ps3 listings from the bestbuy storefront itself -- i don't think these are supposed to be up, and it's 50/50 whether stores actually honor links like this.

Time to pre-order some games, I think. *reads launch lineup thread*

no, I am NOT Ebaying one! Surprise!

joeposh

tenchir said:
I preordered like 30 minutes ago, I can't believe it is still going on.

Well it is Best Buy, one of largest electronics merchants in the country, a Saturday night and a one per customer deal... so while I'm sure they're getting a lot of business, they probably have a lot of units allocated for online and less traffic then they would get on say a weeknight.

That being said, I hope it goes sold out soon as well, or I'll find this to be rather suspect as well.

kiun

Jeff-DSA said:
Amazon has accidentally activated Wii preorders twice, but both times they have decided to honor the orders. I'm really hoping Best Buy is as cool as Amazon if this is a mistake.

Thing is, there won't be enough PS3 to fill all the preorders.

I ordered a 60 GB one.

I think its a crapshoot but crazier things have happened. I will wait until 11/24 for it to be shipped. Otherwise, I will cancel the order.

Thanks for the heads up, guys.

alr1ght

this is a saturday night, almost midnight on the east coast. There can't be that many people online looking for PS3's.

LJ11

Thanks Sonarrat. I hope this goes through. That last minute Wal-Mart snafu last year helped me get a 360, and I hope this works this year.

BuddyC

Thanks for the heads up! I ordered an extra one just in case, I've got a couple friends who are still searching.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
so who's gonna call customer service first? i remember going through all this shit with walmart.com 360 preorders a year ago. those actually worked! :lol

Treo360

Wow just wow. My I got my family to order 5 more. Waiting for the cancellation email. This can't be right . . . or can it?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so um, what the hell is worth buying at launch? jesus.

and no, dont say resistance.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
By now, every Gaffer and their mother is ordering a PS3. No way in hell they still have tangible units in stock by now

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Model ABC - I-isha you are the only one for me...

I ordered one but model ABC? Seems like a test page or unfinished page to me. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom