• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bootleggers. The new GA addiction.

calder

You got Blackjack and won $50,000!

Hehe, I'm at 57k now and NOW I quit. Really. Should I buy a gun and train that? At what point does firearms training make sense? It's just so damn expensive, and I've only stolen 4 cars so far so money is still slow (I'd like to know which banks I'm robbing for the 90th time here in Michigan ;)).

Hey thanks for the timer. I use the "Travel" one and set it to 10 min so I can time pullups.

SyNapSe

haha, this looks fun! I'm in under Syndicate26. I'm in Illinois.. just did some pickpocketing so far, and have failed.

We gotta get bullets, haha...

Anyway, my money sits in my bank, trained very well in the MK III, and I need some more protection to cover my ass, heh.

calder

I've only tried busting ppl out about 10 times, it worked once. I didn't bother trying until I was a Thug though.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
ok I've tried to register for this thing...but it never sends me the email...three different addresses, three failures.

Is there any support email I can contact??

Matlock

Banned
OC ANNOUNCEMENT

10:30 PM EST
Wednesday
California

Looking to strike off a possible Organized Crime on the State Bank of Cali as a wheelman. I'm looking for...

*Leader
*Explosives Expert
*Weapons Expert

I currently have a 0% Duesenberg sitting in California, ready to make a run. I will also be willing to take a paycut to 5,000 if we do not break even.

Please reply to this message with the position you'd like in this high-stakes heist!

calder

I'm interested, but as a Thug with mediocre strength (I should have max .22 skills by then at least) and limited cash how best can I help?

I will ship my next good car to Cali as a backup in case it's needed.

I noticed I can select organized crimes now... Is it even worth doing it when I'm only a thug?

Btw, what is the cheapest city to buy bullets in?

SyNapSe

calder said:
I'm interested, but as a Thug with mediocre strength (I should have max .22 skills by then at least) and limited cash how best can I help?

I will ship my next good car to Cali as a backup in case it's needed.

I'm interested where do you see your Strength, and other stats.. like .22 skills in what? All I really know is I'm a Pee Wee and I've been upping my percentages for Crimes and GTA crimes.

I could do the explosives... I could probably save up enough cash by then to pay for the explosives. I'm stealing cars pretty well at this point - I'm up to Gangster level now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'll join in on the OC fun as weapons expert

Unless you want me to do leader...I'm a Hitman...I assume higher rank = more $$?

SyNapSe

CRAP! I finally stole a car, sure it was a piece of crap but it was worth a ton for me.. I didn't know how to ship it out and lost it before I figured it out.

Well, I made THUG, at least! :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'd send you cash but I'm in the shooting range and can't access the bank right now

I have $1.5 mil too. I'm rich bitch!

Stryder

1.5mil!! :eek:

Once you get out, can you send some? I can't afford to move to a different town to sell a car :(

thanks vvvv :)

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Finally got on...played BJ for a while then bet all my money for kicks and lost 21 to 19 and the dealer got it in 4 cards!

So now I am broke...how can I make money?? hehe

SyNapSe

Hey guys,

If you get a chance can we get an update on Booze Prices? I'm trying to make some money in this world! :)

Illinois

Beer - $305
Rum - $148
Whisky - $1894
Vodka - $67
Wine - $1633

Colorado

Beer - $809
Rum - $429
Whisky - $1968
Vodka - $140
Wine - $1600

calder

Dammit, I knew the server would crash soon. DA flashbacks already, but the server seemed much more stable (if slow during the day) so hopefully they can throw some more bandwidth/memory at it.

SyNapSe said:
I'm interested where do you see your Strength, and other stats.. like .22 skills in what? All I really know is I'm a Pee Wee and I've been upping my percentages for Crimes and GTA crimes.

For now, that's all you need to worry about. Strength is found in "Arm Wrestling", just do exercises like you do Crimes and you'll go up. If you have the time do the 2 min exercises repeatedly to gain the most strength %, but if nothing else every 10 minutes do pullups.

When you buy your first gun (you need to buy them in order, and you can't get the next best gun until you train to 100% proficiency with your current weapon) from the Buy section it'll be a .22 caliber pistol. Then you need to go to the Shooting Range to increase your skill - it costs $5000 for an hour of target practise which will increase you 10%. So obviously it'll take 10 hours in total to get 100% and allow you to buy the next gun. The important thing though is that unlike most other activities you can NOT be at the shooting range and do Crimes or GTA or really anything else. So it's best to just save your money and when you know you won't be playing the game for a few hours buy however many hours of range time you can afford/need. Last night I spent all my time stealing cars and leveling up strength and stuff and then I sold all my cars, bought 10 hours of shooting time and went to bed. I get here to work and voila I'm at 100% in .22 and I can buy the 45mm gun.

SyNapSe

Ahh, neat. I've stolen 4 cars now and shipped them off.. Only one had reached it's destination when it crashed... I hope I don't lose them :(

I can pretty much do Crimes all the time now, and my GTA percents are 20-30%, so they are moving up.

calder

Anyone else get on yet? I'm still getting mySQL errors. Come on, flush those hosts or whatever!

EDIT yay back up. I'm going to rob 10 banks in celebration.

And this is what I come back to!
"You have been promoted to Gangster! Keep on going! "

What the fuck, why cant I advance to gangster. I've stolen about 30 cars, i've got 500k on me, i've got full .22 training, i'm on level 7 strength, i bust people out of jail and i've sent over 40 messages.

SyNapSe

What does buying the extra garages do for you? Is there a limit to how many cars I can have in a city? I've got 2 in PA right now.. and I don't even own a 1-car garage. Just wondering..

Should I buy a Doberman for protection? Do they help keep you from getting killed?

SyNapSe said:
What does buying the extra garages do for you? Is there a limit to how many cars I can have in a city? I've got 2 in PA right now.. and I don't even own a 1-car garage. Just wondering..

Should I buy a Doberman for protection? Do they help keep you from getting killed?

I think if you have a garage in a certain town you can hide the cars there instead of having to ship them to another town??? I'm not positive though.

I bought a doberman... Not sure how effective they are, but you have to buy everything in order anyway, so you might as well.

Btw, what is your nick so I can add you to my friends list?

SyNapSe

Cerebral Palsy said:
I think if you have a garage in a certain town you can hide the cars there instead of having to ship them to another town??? I'm not positive though.

I bought a doberman... Not sure how effective they are, but you have to buy everything in order anyway, so you might as well.

Btw, what is your nick so I can add you to my friends list?

I'm going by Syndicate26. I need to back through the list and add people to my friends list.. and spam them with messages in hope of moving up from petty "Thug" :(

Matlock

Banned
Tonight's OC draft picks

Leader: Wario64 - As he is of Hitman rank, making this more profitable.
Weapons Expert: yoh - As I have seen his work before.
Exposives Expert: s|ayn - Worked with him before, contacted me in the GA Bootleggers chat.
Wheelman: Matlock

Possible substitutes, will be notified via thread within a half hour of the 10:30 EST deadline:

Archaix
Calder
Cerebral Palsy

SyNapSe said:
I'm going by Syndicate26. I need to back through the list and add people to my friends list.. and spam them with messages in hope of moving up from petty "Thug" :(

I sent you a few messages. And yeah, I've been stuck at thug for a while also :(

SyNapSe

This bullet factory is owned by sniperwithadrag and it has 0 bullets. The price is $27000 per bullet.

wtf!? no bullets, and they are $27000 a piece!? Do you need bullets to go to the shooting range?

SyNapSe

These percentages are whack. It says I have a 34% chance to steal a car, but I've failed my last 15-20 tries easily! </angry>

calder

Scum
Peewee
Thug
Gangstar
Hitman

Assassin
Boss
Respectable Boss
Godfather
Legendary Godfather
Don

Who's the highest rank here? I turned Gangsta today, and I'm pretty sure we have a couple of Assassin's. We should take bets on who gets to Boss first and starts the GA Crew.

I'm currently sitting on 300k cash and almost 400K in cars, not including the mint Deucy and Beuford I shipped to California in case I get called for the OC. I'm going to sit here in Michigan (where most of my cars are) and hit the shooting range for a few hours. If anyone else wants to set up an OC tonight lemme know.

DumbNameD

calder said:
I'm currently sitting on 300k cash and almost 400K in cars, not including the mint Deucy and Beuford I shipped to California in case I get called for the OC. I'm going to sit here in Michigan (where most of my cars are) and hit the shooting range for a few hours. If anyone else wants to set up an OC tonight lemme know.
I'll start an OC for those wanting. I'm a hitman and need to head to California to sell off some cars anyway.

calder

it's almost 7pm Central time. I"ll be back on in 2 hours if anyone wants to do an OC.

I'm still in michigan, have 660k cash and a few cars in cali

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
calder said:
Scum
Peewee
Thug
Gangstar
Hitman

Assassin
Boss
Respectable Boss
Godfather
Legendary Godfather
Don

Who's the highest rank here? I turned Gangsta today, and I'm pretty sure we have a couple of Assassin's. We should take bets on who gets to Boss first and starts the GA Crew.

I

We've got a few hitmen, no assasins though. Looks like it will be Vennt, maybe Wasabi first. Tre was out to a big lead but he's complacent being a gangster :p

SyNapSe

Tre said:
BTW, use The messaging system as much as possible. Supposedly it adds toward your rank. So Everyone post their nicks. Also, on irc.dorksnet.org, there's a bootleggers GA channel called #GABL. Join up.

<-- TreDay

Ok, I suck at mIRC. Can anyone help? I don't see the irc.dorksnet.org server in my list.. is there a manual way to select it?

Top Bottom