• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan (27M) is being abusive at work

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
I just realized the thread title "abusive"

Feeling Silly Season 3 GIF by Living Single

A coworker of hers is going to HR, because...
- he chooses not to talk to women, and
- acts cordially towards them when he needs to interact with them?

"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."​

Edit: there's no winning either way.

Last edited:

Doom85

Leave Dan alone.

I mean, yeah, he’s probably a serial killer, but unless she lives in a small town, he’s unlikely to kill anyone she knows that well, and I assume Dan is smart enough to separate business and pleasure so everyone at the office should be safe.

Leave Dan alone.

I mean, yeah, he’s probably a serial killer, but unless she lives in a small town, he’s unlikely to kill anyone she knows that well, and I assume Dan is smart enough to separate business and pleasure so everyone at the office should be safe.

Stop being sexist. Dan's not a Serial Killer. The thing he's most likely killing is just some good fashioned cereal

O2Hc49U.gif

Doom85

Stop being sexist. Dan's not a Serial Killer. The thing he's most likely killing is just some good fashioned cereal

O2Hc49U.gif

Nah, trust me, my killer deduction skills have improved over the years. I was able to predict which two people would be Ghostface in the newest Scream movie.

Your denial over Dan being a likely suspect means he’ll kill you when he’s ready to make his big reveal…or it means YOU’RE the second Ghostface…

Doubt Reaction GIF

BlackTron

Guy at work only talks about work, has to decide "what to do" about it.

There's a part of me that can't believe anyone, even her, is so stupid they would tell HR "He's perfectly cordial, and only talks about work. Nothing about future plans or anything. It's creating a hostile work environment". If she wants to damage him, she will embellish and won't be as truthful as the Reddit post.

If I'm wrong, and she says that to HR, I feel bad for how mentally ill she is.

Nah, trust me, my killer deduction skills have improved over the years. I was able to predict which two people would be Ghostface in the newest Scream movie.

Your denial over Dan being a likely suspect means he’ll kill you when he’s ready to make his big reveal…or it means YOU’RE the second Ghostface…

Doubt Reaction GIF

I would act exactly like Dan in that situation. I don't have to talk to my coworkers lol

Just more female privilege as usual

Reading the comments on that reddit thread is a bit fun to go through. Funny how the OP disabled the replay button so that no one else can reply. It's full of based comments belittling her, which she rightfully deserve

Last edited:

Dark Star

wtf lol ... i feel like that was written about me haha. i'm the shy /quiet office guy who doesn't really talk or mingle much, kind of just chill at my desk. i would say I do have a better relationship with the men/guys in my office, we just have more to talk about, either work related or hobbies or just random small talk is easier I guess. cancel culture is a thing for sure, navigating the workplace can be tricky as a guy, you don't want to come off as a creep around women/girls.

Last edited:

Durien

You know, I am sitting here thinking what would HR do, but this world is becoming so ass backwards that he may actually get a talking to to at least find out what the issue is. My reaction if they came to me in HR would be So?

AJUMP23

wtf lol ... i feel like that was written about me haha. i'm the shy /quiet office guy who doesn't really talk or mingle much, kind of just chill at my desk. i would say I do have a better relationship with the men/guys in my office, we just have more to talk about, either work related or hobbies or just random small talk is easier I guess. cancel culture is a thing for sure, navigating the workplace can be tricky as a guy, you don't want to come off as a creep around women/girls.
But are you attractive?

Durien

kj9Sufe.gif

Joking ;)

Goalus

Dan is a good man.
Women seem to be very sensitive with regards to mansplaining (especially at the workplace) nowadays, as can be learned from the universally acclaimed She-Hulk show. His female colleagues could perceive his attempts to socialize as a malevolent act of explaining their area of expertise to them. In order not to cause any trauma, he does them the favor of completely avoiding them which is best for everyone.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Sounds like Dan wants to do his job and go home like a professional without getting caught up in bull shit theatrics and faux drama by making himself emotionally available to the modern woman.....woe is me and how dare he. Am I doing this right?

Sounds like Dan's too smart for his industry. He's done nothing wrong, so let's manufacturer the infraction, what could go wrong?

.....we're doomed.

Top Bottom