• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan (27M) is being abusive at work

CGNoire

"He didnt flirt with or offer to do any of my work and has me triggered into questioning whether or not ive still got it......."H...R!!!"

Toxic Feminity alert.

Something tells me woman havent thought this whole "toxic masculinity" thing through or the trade offs theve enjoyed that they are so priviledged with they dont even notice. Something tells me they wont be so quick too forgo those perks when confronted. So woman can we please stop this game already?

There are three things I talk about at work: work, how happy I am with family (specifically my wife), and my dog…

That’s it. And it’s dog before family talk too.

(Except with my work wife who is 60 years old and has worked with me for 2 decades since I started working, great lady. Every man needs a work wife)

I once had one of my staff, who said they loved Kit Kat bars more than anything, go to hr because in a staff meeting I gave the whole staff, literally everyone, a kit Kat bar at the start as a treat. That was it. Hr pulled me in, said watch your back as this one is crazy. I never met with her alone again, and never talked about anything but work with her again. I don’t blame Dan at all.

The worst part of middle management is that you manage the crazies. It’s like some kind of grand filter. If you get through that, you get to upper management in a few years…

anthony2690

Oh boy, the only one creating the hostile environment is this lady and her friends, why are they this obsessed with the man?

He could just be married or be burned badly by women in the past and would rather keep his work related relationships with other women professional out of respect of his wife or to avoid awkward situations at work if something doesn't work out.

Or a whole host of other reasons.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

I wouldn't take anything written on Reddit at face value. Dan sounds like most coworkers. Most just do the job and are just politely social. Nobody cares you're not social if you do your job.

bender

What time is it?
7av983.jpg

TTOOLL

Dan is a hero. My bet is that he’s married and his wife is crazy jealous or he knows women are a huge source of gossip/trouble at work and decided to stay the fuck away from them.

The person who posted it o reddit needs treatment btw.

Fools idol

if this is real the guy probably just has some sort of social anxiety. Plenty of dudes are scared to talk to women.

BlackTron

Dan is a good man.
Women seem to be very sensitive with regards to mansplaining (especially at the workplace) nowadays, as can be learned from the universally acclaimed She-Hulk show. His female colleagues could perceive his attempts to socialize as a malevolent act of explaining their area of expertise to them. In order not to cause any trauma, he does them the favor of completely avoiding them which is best for everyone.

You just gave me a flashback to my ex. She was sitting on the couch, and asked me how to turn on the Wii U. It was right near me, because my desk was near the TV. So I said "oh, here's how" and pushed the power button.

She got mad that I did it for her and gave me a lecture on "mansplaining". I'm so glad she's gone now.

OZ9000

What is wrong with being strictly business at work?

Dan is clearly married and devoted to his wife.

Personally I would never hang around with the female colleagues at my workplace. None of them are remotely interesting to talk to.

At least you can talk shit with guys and no one will bat an eyelid.

Haemi

Dan was once a professional football player who got kidnapped alongside the team mascot dolphin. The kiss he received while being kidnapped ended with an unexpected twist.

BlackTron

I don't spend too much time following all these movements and everything, but when I listened to the explanation of "men going their own way" in this thread it didn't sound that bad. Respect, even.

But this is the cringiest thing I've ever seen. It's like a foil for feminism. He's not "going his own way" minding his own business improving himself. You can't go out of your way to draw attention to how much you are going your own way. It flies in the face of the very concept.

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
I don't spend too much time following all these movements and everything, but when I listened to the explanation of "men going their own way" in this thread it didn't sound that bad. Respect, even.

But this is the cringiest thing I've ever seen. It's like a foil for feminism. He's not "going his own way" minding his own business improving himself. You can't go out of your way to draw attention to how much you are going your own way. It flies in the face of the very concept.

You watched the clip?

Classic Film Hello GIF by FilmStruck

BlackTron

You watched the clip?

Classic Film Hello GIF by FilmStruck

Oh, nah. Didn't realize, I thought it was just a pic. I'm afraid to click it now tbh and watch. The pic alone, is too cringy. Let me have some coffee, and play a game first or something, just to get my mood up. This is all too much right after reading about poor Dan :messenger_confounded:

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
Oh shit it is a pic. It was early when I saw the post and after your post I thought it must've been a clip.

That'll be 3 whip lashes for penance.

Last edited:
Doing your job and being professional will now get you reported to HR. It sounds like this woman took it personally that Dan doesn't want to fuck with her, and for good reason, after reading that post, lmao.

i can imagine she doesn’t know she’s your ”work wife”, otherwise, “H
i can imagine she doesn’t know she’s your ”work wife”, otherwise, “HR!”.

Which is odd knowing reddit.

She coined the term haha.

She is just a super solid lady I work well with. Her family and mine pretty close. I know her kids and grand kids and worked with her son in law for a few years too.

Im actually super lucky to have her a friend and colleague

Top Bottom