• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

I mostly enjoyed Logan up until the last part of the movie. Kids just can't fucking act when they stand next to an adult actor. I just can't take them seriously. It really ruined the movie for me.

image.php

Logan is still one of the best films I've seen of this year, ignoring Arrival and La La Land cuz those were technically from last year but released much later where I live. Not that it means anything tho, cuz I haven't seen a lot of films this year.

I'm with shingi on this, I think the movie will be good but it might suffer from the public's perception in regards to the previous movies. It might be a test to see how tarnished the DCEU brand really is.

I hope it does $100m OW so we get more female-led superhero movies. Can't have WB poisoning the well while Marvel sits around doing nothing.

BadAss2961

I'm with shingi on this, I think the movie will be good but it might suffer from the public's perception in regards to the previous movies. It might be a test to see how tarnished the DCEU brand really is.
Only really exists through a vocal minority on the internet, most of who see all these movies anyway so they can be part of the discussion.. There's a bubble that can't seem to realize what a hit Suicide Squad actually was. From Man of Steel to now, the DCEU has only gained momentum, just slower than we wanted.

Wonder Woman will do fine if it reviews well or even just decently.

Ross61

In a recent Fandango moviegoer poll, 92% said that they are looking forward to seeing a movie featuring a standalone female superhero. That’s a stat to take to the bank, as tracking for Wonder Woman is expected to climb to $75M by next week.
From Deadline.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I bought 24 tickets for opening night for peeps at my studio to see it IMAX 3D. Went to reserve the seats and saw that a lot of the theatre was already filled. Good to see this far out.

Make up for those suits take time. Start preparing.

I'm hopeful but I don't know. Wonder Woman has a lot going against it; is coming off GoTG, another lukewarm received DC movie, critics who can be extra nitpicky when it comes to DC because of past installments, questions of Gal Gadot, and being the first major female superhero movie.

Then again... if there is anyone who can beat those odds it's WONDER WOMAN. GET THE FAT SUIT IS READY AND PUT ON SOME RACHEL PLATTEN, WE'RE DOING THIS!

So I was interested in critics vs audience opinions on RT regarding Zack Snyder movies.
Here are the stats.

DAWN OF THE DEAD:
ACR: 6.7/10, RT: 75 % - AAR: 3.4/5, Votes: 403k, ART: 77 %

300:
ACR: 6.1/10, RT: 60 % - AAR: 4.1/5, Votes 1.43m, ART: 89 %

WATCHMEN:
ACR: 6.3/10, RT: 60 % - AAR: 3.4/5, Votes 1m, ART: 71 %

LEGEND OF THE GUARDIANS: THE OWLS OF GA'HOOLE
ACR: 5.7/10, RT: 55 % - AAR: 3.5/5, Votes 70k, ART: 63 %

SUCKER PUNCH:
ACR: 4.1/10, RT: 23 % - AAR: 3/5, Votes 100k, ART: 47 %

MAN OF STEEL:
ACR: 6.2/10, RT: 55 % - AAR: 3.9/5, Votes 444k, ART: 75 %

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE:
ACR: 4.9/10, RT: 28 % - AAR: 3.6/5, Votes 227k, ART: 63 %

ACR: Average Critic Rating
AAR: Average Audience Rating

Ashhong

Is there any IMAX scenes or anything like that for WW? I don't really like 3D and would prefer to see it in a different 2D large format screen rather than IMAX 3D if possible

Top Bottom