• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyack: "NeoGAF...I would say is probably the worst forum." Response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RubberJohnny said:
I do like the wordfilter idea. switch "Denis" for "pretentious, and "Dyack" for "douchebag".
Denis is a fairly common name though. Just the latter wordfilter should do. Denis Douchebag has a nice ring to it.

Cardon

Could someone photoshop Dyack's head onto the fellow at the end?

ari.gif

-WindYoshi- said:
NeoGAF isn't that bad at all, but I do think that Too Human has been unfairly (and mindhive-ly) underrated and hated on. Not given a fair chance, per se.

I was defending Too Human up until today. The games shit, Dyack is full of it, and deserves the ban for being a douche.

Zeliard

Was the permaban really necessary? You can't say that Too Human didn't get quite a bit of undeserved shit here for a long time. Quite a few people changed their tune when the demo came out, when they realized it wasn't quite as bad as GAF made it seem after they actually played it. It goes both ways.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
The man is a twat. He needs to admit that his game is bullshit. It doesn't matter how long you worked on it. A shit game is a shit game. It's too bad he's banned because I would have loved to see him spearhead a crappy movement to defend the game on here or some shit like this. He would have done so, I am sure.

fse

Evander said:
To be fair (to the press, that is) responding to idiocy like that only legitimizes it.

His comments like those aren't really worthy of response.

bingo.

Bojangles

I don't understand why Dyack bothers EviLore so much? He's just another dude on the intarweb... It's like a personal crusade or something.

kay

-WindYoshi- said:
NeoGAF isn't that bad at all, but I do think that Too Human has been unfairly (and mindhively) underrated and hated on.
Not nearly the amount of hate would have appeared if it wasn't for the actions of one certain person. If he hadn't have continued the dance, nobody would be enjoying the failure. Even if some of the defenders weren't so vocal it would not be such an event.

hauton

BrokenSymmetry said:
I don't see how saying that "NeoGaf is probably the worst forum" is any reason to ban someone. We expect Denis Dyack to deal correctly with all the criticism he gets, so shouldn't NeoGAF and its moderators do the same when they receive criticism?
It goes beyond simple criticism.

He has been disruptive to the entire community. He's a poison that wrecks everything he touches - his game, his company, his reputation, every topic he posts on here, every "social experiment".

Quazar

It's a shame it came to this but Dyack never seemed to get involved in anything other than pimping his game. And than talk shit on the very place where he came to pimp it. FOR.

Bojangles said:
I don't understand why Dyack bothers EviLore so much? He's just another dude on the intarweb... It's like a personal crusade or something.

He went into interviews insulting the forum. Evilore obviously is obviously invested here, is it that hard to peice together?

FnordChan

Bojangles said:

I figure at this point Dyack's actions can be fairly interpreted as trolling. High-profile trolling in interviews just makes it that much more annoying.

FnordChan

andycapps

SPEA said:
But now aren't you "stooping down to his level". Now it's just another pointless Too Human thread.

I suppose you could make that case, but this is also a sense of making things right so GAF can move on (at least in my opinion). If this happened in private, someone would have noticed that he was banned anyway, so this just sets it straight. It's not like he didn't have it coming, the tag bets were out there. He just made it much worse by saying Neogaf is the worst forum on the internet (that he happens/ed to post on no less). :lol

I support this banning. The reason is not so much for what was said here on Gaf, but simply ... this guy's a fucking developer. His mouth, when opened, can spew forth hell upon not only himself, but his team, his efforts, and his company. He should be held to a higher standard.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Speevy said:
His message should say

You have been banned for the following reason.

200169bx.jpg
That was pretty clever. :lol

ok it wasnt clever but it got a laugh out of me.

Bojangles said:

Yeah, quite ridiculous really.
Let a man have an opinion...

Bojangles said:

It's probably because Dyack is attacking his site. He wants to portect it and such. It's the same thing Dyack is doing with his game. You can't really hate one and laud the other. It's an unfortunate event, and one that did not have a good answer. This one may or may not be for the best. But it's Evilore's site, so it's his decission.

M4lcoM

EviLore said:
As Confucius once said, “the photoshop cat juggles a ball of yarn, and unravels it all over his face.” You are Baldur, Denis. You’re the poorly animated bald Norse technogod, the Übermensch with a thousand pointless book references misunderstood by the dirty proles who aren’t worthy enough to judge you.

Your favorite Nietzsche quote, "he who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster," is one you’ve fallen victim to yourself, if your opinion of this site is to be taken to heart. In these pitiable confrontations with us you've proven to be the monster of gaming development, a sore on the industry and a squanderer of your subordinates' time and effort. Through all this, through this self-inflicted PR nightmare, you’ve conquered vast new frontiers of unwarranted hyperbole and desperate pseudo-intellectual grasping. Buy an unaccredited doctorate, change your given name to Derek, and take up the reins; Derek Smart would eagerly defer to the greatness of Dr. Dyack.

What is an appropriate action to take in response to the man who continues to post here? I won't be tolerating a second retconned "social experiment," a second call for NeoGAF's closing, or a second "worst forum" insult. You decided to ignore the option for real terms for your pointless tag bet, so with the majority of reviews condemning your magnum opus to mediocrity I'll claim a suitable prize by telling you to get the hell off NeoGAF.
Stop this stupid crusade.Now.It's all so ridicolous.

And, by the way, he is right.

bryehn

I had no idea this thread would be so awesome.

I just rented Too Human and I am not impressed at all. I even avoided the demo because I wanted to go into the game with hope. Was planning on buying to support an Ontario business and truly Canadian developer, but I just won't be able to. Sorry Denis.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
every bad game has gotten it's fair hate on GAF relative to its hype... the more you hype your bad game the more GAF will hate.

Too Human's problem? hyped astronomically!! and it got the exact amount of hate enough to neutralize the hype.

go back and check the records you'll see that i'm right.

KTallguy

Banned
The funniest and most hypocritical part of this is how he was having a grand old time chatting it up in the official thread for the game, after calling NeoGAF the worst forum out there.

It's not just that he made a mediocre game... plenty of people do that. He's obsessed with smashing any dissenting opinion he can find.

I'm sure he's readying an army of alt accounts as we speak. You just can't quit it.

crowphoenix said:
It's probably because Dyack is attacking his site. He wants to portect it and such. It's the same thing Dyack is doing with his game. You can't really hate one and laud the other. It's an unfortunate event, and one that did not have a good answer. This one may or may not be for the best. But it's Evilore's site, so it's his decission.
Probbaly a really stupid sounding question, :lol but is EvilLore the owner of NeoGaf? If not, then who is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom