• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyack: "NeoGAF...I would say is probably the worst forum." Response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GhaleonEB said:
:lol

I think Evilore/GAF won this round. And all subsequent rounds, actually. Dyack comes accross as less mature than your average forum poster. And from his review scores, less capable than your average developer.
Exactly, there's no need to further cement this victory. Banning him will further fuel his maniacal rants, no need to steep down to his level.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
thetrin said:
I can't tell if this is awesome or supremely sad. Someone help me out.
no it is awesome. and i hope that it marks the END of this chapter, at least on GAF's end.

Someone needs to photoshop this boxart saying " Too Dyack"!

200169bx.jpg

Wallach

M4lcoM said:
Stop this stupid crusade.Now.It's all so ridicolous.

And, by the way, he is right.

My ass he's right. You don't slap a lion then blame the lion for biting your hand off; it was an approach that had no chance of working but he did it anyway because his ego wouldn't let him do anything else.

Also, the word is ridiculous.

CTLance

Eh. I wash my hands of this.
While my opinion on Too Human is less than positive, this kind of public tarring&feathering is nothing I wish to partake in. I might even want to label it unfavourably.

Wow, videogame foruming is serious business. :lol

h3ro

Aeon712 said:
I wonder what's worse, playing through Too Human or being banned from GAF :lol.

New punishment for banning: Must play through Too Human.

Gamertags will be analyzed to make sure the penalty is enforced.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
skip said:
a new level of sad.

As sad as several of your coworkers sitting in silence on 1up Yours for an hour of one-sided Dyack tripe, too dumbfounded to provide any sort of critical examination of his points? Hopefully not as sad as that, because then I'd be pretty embarrassed.

itxaka said:
Well I don't see how different is to have a lot of members on GAF trolling the game to places never seen before and having a free pass to do so.

That's something that happens on all forums. We are all judgemental, and we judge things based on how we see thing and how we are influenced to see things. That's not just limited to GAF.

Dissenting oppinions, saying the game looks bad, saying the animation is shoddy, that's not trolling if there is something to back it up. In Too Human's case, there was footage. The problem for Too Human is how hyped it ended up being, which caused people to expect too much.

I wanted Too Human to be good. I've liked most of Dyack's games. I was annoyed when I didn't like this one because I didn't like it.

It was a mucky situation. Gaf may have gone to far, but when and who shot first? I don't know. I don't think it's neccassary to know either

andycapps

Sciz said:
So, how long before Dyack calls out GAF again for banning him?

Probably his next podcast interview wherever it is. Probably on 1UP Yours, but he might not go on there after EGM's review score.

EviLore said:
As sad as several of your coworkers sitting in silence on 1up Yours for an hour of one-sided Dyack tripe, too dumbfounded to provide any sort of critical examination of his points? Hopefully not as sad as that, because then I'd be pretty embarrassed.

EviLore fucking badass confirmed

Perdew

Union Carbine said:
At this point, the disruption is all the threads about him by GAFers that's the disruption. As for the second part, he isn't being banned for that, he's being banned for this, so whether the former was bannable is irrelevant. He's being banned for daring to say bad things about the GAF. Meanwhile, at the GAF, sit multiple threads all mostly about bad things about him and his game.

The OP says he was banned for not making suitable terms for his bet, and that this is a 'suitable reward'...

Wallach

EviLore said:

Would you interject? The dude's crazy, I'd be too worried he'd flip out and bite my hand or something.

skip

EviLore said:

I meant the entire situation, both parties. but go on, be defensive. these are your monkey bars we're playing on, after all.

This whole thing has come across as a contest to see who could fall off from "taking the high road" hardest, Dyack or certain segments of NeoGAF. I'm not sure who "won".

EviLore said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH IT'S ON!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
EviLore said:
oh wow:lol

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
i'm sorry people, there are other threads to talk about SK and Too Human. but ITT: we discuss DD.

Speevy

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Please talk about something else.

That's a good tension-breaker.

Bring Dyack on the show and talk about anything besides Too Human.

"So...*awkward pause*, did you catch the game last night? This weather is something else."

This Dyackgate shit has been boring since the minute it started, and this thread is only making it worse. No one would care, or even remember, if it was just left to pass into obscurity. You're both acting like bratty kids.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
skip said:
I meant the entire situation, both parties. but go on, be defensive. these are your monkey bars we're playing on, after all.

that was actually offensive. But good job being vague in your first post to make the back pedaling easier.

fse

I AM JOHN! said:
This Dyackgate shit has been boring since the minute it started, and this thread is only making it worse. No one would care, or even remember, if it was just left to pass into obscurity. You're both acting like bratty kids.

that tends to happen on the internet.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
EviLore said:
OHHHHHHHHHHH SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP :lol :lol :lol :lol

daemonic

Banned
KTallguy said:
The funniest and most hypocritical part of this is how he was having a grand old time chatting it up in the official thread for the game, after calling NeoGAF the worst forum out there.

It's not just that he made a mediocre game... plenty of people do that. He's obsessed with smashing any dissenting opinion he can find.

I'm sure he's readying an army of alt accounts as we speak. You just can't quit it.

Most of the supposed 'hate' and criticism on this board for Dyack has stemmed from this and his constant attempts to hype a mediocre game. The fact that he seems unable to take in any criticism just added more reason for people to treat him that way. I have nothing against the man or his game, but I'm certainly glad to know he'll never be posting on this forum again.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Speevy said:
That's a good tension-breaker.

Bring Dyack on the show and talk about anything besides Too Human.

"So...*awkward pause*, did you catch the game last night? This weather is something else."

Hey man, I hear that Desktop Commander game is High-larious.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
EviLore said:

GAF vs 1UP

Round 1

FIGHT!

Don't ban him, that'll just give him relevance. That he "Hurt" you. The guy's just desperate for attention at this point, no need to feed it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom