• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyack: "NeoGAF...I would say is probably the worst forum." Response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Hadji

NinajHeartless said:
1214953262791.jpg

Perfect!

Together we can create a shining new world!

itxaka

Defeatist
crowphoenix said:
It's probably because Dyack is attacking his site. He wants to portect it and such. It's the same thing Dyack is doing with his game. You can't really hate one and laud the other. It's an unfortunate event, and one that did not have a good answer. This one may or may not be for the best. But it's Evilore's site, so it's his decission.

Well I don't see how different is to have a lot of members on GAF trolling the game to places never seen before and having a free pass to do so.

Mamesj

Banned
BrokenSymmetry said:
I don't see how saying that "NeoGaf is probably the worst forum" is any reason to ban someone. We expect Denis Dyack to deal correctly with all the criticism he gets, so shouldn't NeoGAF and its moderators do the same when they receive criticism?

can the people who just found out about the controversy 5 minutes ago stop posting please?

anyway, all according to keikaku. :lol

Zophar

FnordChan said:
I figure at this point Dyack's actions can be fairly interpreted as trolling. High-profile trolling in interviews just makes it that much more annoying.

FnordChan

The fnords...I can see them...

And you guys can't ban Dyack! He needs to come back and get right into the flamewars and make an even huger ass of himself. God, what I wouldn't give to argue with him on the same terms.

Perdew

Union Carbine said:
As always, Gaf points the way. Negative criticism = ban. Nicely done.

It was more than just negative criticism. He's a huge disruption to the board and wasn't really adding anything, all the while publicly attacking the board. If he wasn't a dev you wouldn't think twice about him being banned for something like the 'for or against' thread.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Good. Now let's never mention Dyack or his shitty games ever again. He's wasting everyone's time.

EPIC :bow
UNREAL ENGINE 3 :bow
EVERYONE WHO USES UE3 :bow

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
just wanted to make sure I participated in the epicness.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
dave is ok said:
No other forum would have banned Dyack, maybe he's right about this being the best. :D

dave is ok said:
No other forum would have banned Dyack, maybe he's right about this being the most ballsy. :D

dave is ok said:
No other forum would have banned Dyack, maybe he's right about this being the one true forum on the Internet. :D

All acceptable answers.

Speevy

Banned
Dark Octave said:
Probbaly a really stupid sounding question, :lol but is EvilLore the owner of NeoGaf? If not, then who is?

If he's not the owner, then there's some unknown mastermind behind the scenes. AFAIK he's the guy.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Kyoufu said:
Haha wow. First dev to get banned from GAF? Truly a legendary occasion.

Nah, definitely not the first. Even I got a dev or two. Definitely the highest profile one though.

I just wish Dyack would knock it off with his armchair psychology.

I'm at least 95% sure he didn't get ethics clearance for his "social experiment", which means he was conducting unapproved human testing with deception that could possibly lead to harm.

tch tch denis the opp will be at your door shortly

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
anyone who still think that Dyack is a victim can go fuck themselves in the eye till they're able to see the obvious.

Kauza

Dyack has fallen to levels I am simply stunned by.

The thread almost falls to that level: name calling, emotional attacks, etc.

Shaky ground.

Perdew said:
It was more than just negative criticism. He's a huge disruption to the board and wasn't really adding anything, all the while publicly attacking the board. If he wasn't a dev you wouldn't think twice about him being banned for something like the 'for or against' thread.
At this point, the disruption is all the threads about him by GAFers that's the disruption. As for the second part, he isn't being banned for that, he's being banned for this, so whether the former was bannable is irrelevant. He's being banned for daring to say bad things about the GAF. Meanwhile, at the GAF, sit multiple threads all mostly about bad things about him and his game.

Duke Togo

LOL @ all the "this is so childish" posts. This man talked a big game, shat on the forum, and failed to deliver a game worthy of purchase. I support this banning 100%.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I can't tell if this is awesome or supremely sad. Someone help me out.

Team Klimt said:
Can't we allow anything to just pass into obscurity? Do we really need to dwell on this shit any longer? You are all enablers. Stirring up shit just for the hell of it. Do not encourage these types of responses!! Do we really need threads that are purely calling individuals out for being "jerks" or "assholes?" Do you know how many jerks and assholes contribute here on a daily basis? We could make a lot of threads like this, and I personally don't wanna read that garbage. I'm done now. Whew...

THIS. I'm tired of this whole thing. Taking his bait and posting about it is simply stroking his ego. I wish we'd all just grow up, ignore him, and move on...but "this is NeoGAF, Dude!" etc. etc. <sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom