• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite movie scenes

Aggrotek

This scene just paints Nurse Ratched in the most gruesome way to me. The slight smile at the end during the staredown with McMurphy. She's just there to torture them, to revel in the misery that she causes. It's a perfect scene.

And this scene. Just a masterclass of both acting and writing. One of the few times Plainview was honest with himself about his emotions, and Eli being honest with his.

Lady Jane

Banned
I've always considered the most underrated movie scene in cinema. And I think there's a reason. It hits too close to Hollywood and even DC.

🎼 🎹
🎸🥁 🎸
🎤
Walking, waiting
Alone without a care
Hoping. and hating
Things that I can't bear
Did you think it's cool to walk right up
To take my life and fuck it up?
Well did you?
I see hell in your eyes
Taken in by surprise
Touching you makes me feel alive

Touching you makes me die inside
🎶...

Chronicle

Having studied acting I love a great monologue. Here are two which I think are fantastic. One may upset people because of the language but it's art and not for reasons of hate.

1. Sicilians were spawned by..... Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken. My favorite from an amazing movie of the 90 s True Romance. One of the greats.

2. Quint - The USS Indianapolis; Jaws.

Both scenes are fantastic.

That there is what you might call a doorway to a place of enchantment

🎼 'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's hardly no day
Nor hardly no night
There's things half in shadow
And halfway in light🎵

FunkMiller

This remains the only scene in cinema history that really gets across in visual storytelling how smart, strategic, resourceful and complete Batman is as a combatant. It's also got a frankly amazing soundtrack from Hans Zimmer, the kind of kinetic, focused direction Nolan is so good at, and cinematography from Pfister that's second to none.

These scenes made me adore the movie and actors, especially Emma Thompson.

The world must be peopled!
Perfect for a warm late summer evening.

Ammogeddon

1. Sicilians were spawned by..... Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken. My favorite from an amazing movie of the 90 s True Romance. One of the greats.

You beat me to it, one of my all time favourite movies and scenes.

I love the way he resigns himself to his fate and uses the moment to insult Vincenzo in such a commanding way. Every actor in True Romance is on point.

GeekyDad

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Ugh...such greatness of cinema.

Top Bottom