• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2013 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 11

jvm

Gamasutra.
Ah, damn it. Should've added a "1" to my 3DS numbers.
donny2112 is the ultimate arbiter on these kinds of things, but I'd be willing to bend the rules for a one-time edit on this count. Or just let donny2112 adjust when the tally is done.

ohlawd

think I missed it ahhh nooo

[360] 275k
[3DS]200k
[PS3]210k
[PSV]50k
[WiiU]75k

eff you PS3 browser.

edit: oh God lol I'm off. 8 PM EST?... lol @ me.

donny2112

Cutoff was 8 p.m. EST, but did go back and change Strike's 3DS number. Have made changes to predictions before when it was like an order of magnitude off and looked like an oversight (e.g. predicting 2.5 million with 250,0000 with rest of predictions being reasonable), so since he posted about adding the missing '1' shortly after the cutoff, went ahead and included it.

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Feb-2013

1. 360 - 287K
2. PS3 - 212K
3. 3DS - 178K
4. WIU - 69K
5. PSV - 37K

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Shouldn't it be 1:45 hours from now? I remember it was like that the last times.

donny2112

always 630 on the east coast, 45 minutes from now.

Yep. NPD release to subscribers is based on the market closing times on the East Coast, so the media/thread posting time is relative to that. Think Mpl90 is from U.K., so not sure if they have Daylight Savings Time or not.

Edit:
Ah! U.K. does observe DST, but they use the old schedule and not the modified one the U.S. is on, looks like. DST doesn't start for them until later this month. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_by_country

Mpl90

Yep. NPD release to subscribers is based on the market closing times on the East Coast, so the media/thread posting time is relative to that. Think Mpl90 is from U.K., so not sure if they have Daylight Savings Time or not.

Italy precisely. Now I got it, thanks. ;)

Seda

bgbsecv.png

donny2112

Italy precisely.

Italy's the same as U.K., so your DST starts later this month. That's the reason for the difference. Should be back to "normal" next month for you. :)

Edit:
302K is less than I thought, but still above the GAF Average. Probably means I overshot at least PS3, too, then.

Mpl90

I hope Nintendo will release a PR this time. They could use it to celebrate 3DS passing 8 millions and being much higher than where DS was in the same timeframe, highlight Fire Emblem: Awakening success, maybe giving us some digital numbers, and then give us updates on the best selling games on the platform and then...nah, who am I kidding :lol

Top Bottom