• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2013 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 11

I hope Nintendo will release a PR this time. They could use it to celebrate 3DS passing 8 millions and being much higher than where DS was in the same timeframe, highlight Fire Emblem: Awakening success, maybe giving us some digital numbers, and then give us updates on the best selling games on the platform and then...nah, who am I kidding :lol

Not going to happen unless the Wii U is a surprise hit...which is very unlikely. :-(

donny2112

Well, according to the 5th line, 5:00 EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) has already happenned approx. 50 minutes ago...so, the release must have been posted by now.

It probably was ... to subscribers. The media reports and the GAF thread are at 6:30 p.m. EDT, though. :)

bgbsecv.png

So Pach. was off by 80,000 units. No surprise there.

C4Lukins

Does anyone know the record for most consecutive months at number one for a console? I imagine it is the PS2, but it would be interesting to see. Well maybe actually the NES would make more sense because of lack of competition.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Those 225k.
Last year it did 426k, in 5 weeks.
February 2012 Weekly Average: 85.2k (426k in 5 weeks)
February 2013 Weekly Average: 75.5k (302k in 4 weeks)
January 2013 Weekly Average: 56.2k (281k in five weeks)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
America this is on your poor taste if Rising didn't do well. Shit is doing pretty good in Europe sticking around in charts, and Japan sales aren't to be sniffed at >:/

UberTag

Watch Aliens do better than Rising
I predicted it would. At least for February. I suspect MGR will do better in lifetime sales even in North America.
Went 1) DS3 / 2) Crysis 3 / 3) Aliens: CM / 4) MGR / 5) COD: BO / 6) FarCry 3 / 7) NBA 2K13 / 8) JD4 / 9) Mystery GAF Goes Apeshit Game / 10) Halo 4

Mpl90

February is always 4 weeks. Only January has gotten a leap week, to my knowledge.

Ops, my bad. You're right.

Redone

Last year it did 426k, in 4 weeks.
February 2012 Weekly Average: 106.5k (426k in 4 weeks)
February 2013 Weekly Average: 75.5k (302k in 4 weeks)
January 2013 Weekly Average: 56.2k (281k in five weeks)

I'll prolly will be eaten alive in here but MGR doesn't really deserve huge sales. I hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel where they really make a great and polished game.

Bruno MB

Just with Japanese sales a new Metal Gear Rising would be justified, I don't understand the negativeness in that tweet.

Raide

I'll prolly will be eaten alive in here but MGR doesn't really deserve huge sales. I hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel where they really make a great and polished game.

I hope it did enough to get a sequel, since I would love to see Platinum make a massive hit game in the future.

Miles X

360 was down in 2012 Vs 2011 220k for Jan + Feb. This year down only 113k YOY, so it's definitely slowed (percentages probably the same but at least the sheer drop isn't as steep)

Mpl90

5 of Top 10 titles. Xbox -aaron greenberg.

I hope he's talking about the Top 10 Individual Chart, otherwise...it doesn't make that much sense XD

Well, since we're here and we're waiting for NPD Reports and (hopefully) PR releases from Nintendo and Sony

Go Fire Emblem! Go Fire Emblem!

donny2112

It's pretty impressive. I imagine theWii topped the charts for 3-4 years, so it might have had like 40 consecutive months at #1. Does anyone have a number handy?

Wii was the top selling console among PS3, 360, and Wii for 23 straight months. However, in those 23 straight months, it outsold #2 each month by a combined by 7.1m, whereas for the 25 previous months of 360 being #1, it outsold #2 each month by a combined 4.4m. Also, the overall market is down in 360's top period than it was in Wii's top period. In Wii's 23 straight #1 months, it sold 16.6m, whereas in 360's 26 straight #1 months, it has sold 13.1m, for comparison.

I hope it did enough to get a sequel, since I would love to see Platinum make a massive hit game in the future.

Rising feels like they had great ideas and even vision but it didn't feel it was quite ready to be released. I wonder if tying it too much to the old vision of the old MGR from internal Konami team did it more harm than it should have.

It is enjoyable game but I dunno, I feel it gets tad too much praise here and the metacritic score is quite on mark. That said I certainly don't want it to be outsold by some bullshit like Aliens (then again I have not played Aliens and have no intention to, just going by the meltdowns ect.)

NotLiquid

Kojima already said he was happy with it's sales and that he'd love a sequel, so I'm not too worried about the impact on that since he'd probably easily convince the higher ups to invest in a follow-up. It's just a matter of time and Platinum's schedule if you ask me.

Top Bottom