• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

KHarvey16 said:
Lol, no it isn't.

Available for consoles and compatible with the most games, yes the G25 is the best wheel. Obviously the PC market opens up a huge variety. What wheel for X360 or PS3 is better?

rager

Banned
H_Prestige said:
Only graphics can be compared right now (since the feature set of GT5 isn't known and Prologue is obviously limited in gameplay and online) and I think both GT5 Prologue and GT5 have the clear edge overall.

Car models in FM3 are very close to GT5 Prologue quality as far as exteriors go, but interiors aren't nearly as detailed as GT.

Lighting and reflections are much more realistic in Prologue.

Forza has more track detail since it's all 3D, but GT tracks still look more realistic, due to the lighting, while Forza tracks have a cartoon-ish look similar to GRID and NFS games.

Both run at solid 60fps.

GT5 Prologue renders in 1280x1080 while Forza 3 is 720p.

GT5 supports up to 16 cars per race and Forza 3 supports up to 8.

close thread

RavenFox said:
Same here and yes meltdowns are imminent. Tokyo gameshow within hours. No popcorn will be good enough for this.
come on, whichever turns out to be the super awesome game, single platform owners forced to 'settle' for GT5 or FM3 are hardly in for a rough time.

both forza and gran turismo are the products of backwards counterevolutionary thinking

support comrade mao, purchase mario kart and bring true freedom to all peace loving peoples of the proletariat

death to capitalism

KHarvey16

gutterboy44 said:
Available for consoles and compatible with the most games, yes the G25 is the best wheel. Obviously the PC market opens up a huge variety. What wheel for X360 or PS3 is better?

Fanatec.

Ultimo hombre said:
Yes. Confirmed on B3D.

GT5 ferrari vid = pre rendered using the engine
FM3 ferrari vid = replay mode

really? did not know that. but it makes sense..

does this mean the GT side can no longer use this comparison? sadly, probably not.

gutterboy44 said:
Actually that is the system I use the most. But wow, holy fucking shit, this debate just happens to be dealing with consoles. Fucking tards.

You said it was the best wheel available. Period. You didn't qualify it by saying "for consoles", so you were rightly corrected.

phil_t

Banned
Until we have details of GT5 regarding upgrades, this whole premium car thing, weather, day/night cycles and all that malarky, it's a bit hard to say anything other then graphically one has very realistic lighting/model shading, the other seems so far to have very pleasent scenery..

Wow, what an awesome conclusion..

I really just want to drive cars in both, it's mad I know, I really can't be arsed with comparing how either look in anything other then actual in-car gameplay whilst actually racing other cars on an actual track..

skybaby

WHEELS ON THE ROAD TURN10, GOD DAMMIT!
20a9ver.jpg

28tjafb.jpg

and get your shit together polyphony, I don't want to see this again!
opxz4x.gif

dejay

Banned
RobertM said:
One words separates these two game: verisimilitude.

Having just looked that word up, I'm not sure I get your meaning. Are you saying that one game comes closer to reality than the other?

KHarvey16

SuperEnemyCrab said:
You said it was the best wheel available. Period. You didn't qualify it by saying "for consoles", so you were rightly corrected.

But that doesn't even save him in the end. There are better solutions available on the consoles.

ypo

H_Prestige said:
Forza tracks have a cartoon-ish look similar to GRID and NFS games.

Yep noticed that as well. Especially that track with yellow-brownish rocks on the side of theroad. Looks really gaudy and out of place.

sca2511

H_Prestige said:
Only graphics can be compared right now (since the feature set of GT5 isn't known and Prologue is obviously limited in gameplay and online) and I think both GT5 Prologue and GT5 have the clear edge overall.

Car models in FM3 are very close to GT5 Prologue quality as far as exteriors go, but interiors aren't nearly as detailed as GT.

Lighting and reflections are much more realistic in Prologue.

Forza has more track detail since it's all 3D, but GT tracks still look more realistic, due to the lighting, while Forza tracks have a cartoon-ish look similar to GRID and NFS games.

Both run at solid 60fps.

GT5 Prologue renders in 1280x1080 while Forza 3 is 720p.

GT5 supports up to 16 cars per race and Forza 3 supports up to 8.

this is the only legit comparison i've read so far.

LiK

RavenFox said:
Same here and yes meltdowns are imminent. Tokyo gameshow within hours. No popcorn will be good enough for this.

i'll give you a case of Cracker Jacks. better than popcorn!

RavenFox

Banned
Niks said:
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc169/akirozz/fq5.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc169/akirozz/fq7.jpg[/MG]

Ingame.
credit MrJollyLivesNextDoor for the pics.[/QUOTE]
As always very impressive.

Chinner

Banned
gran tusimo and forza 3 are actually designed to brain wash children into becoming CAPITALISTS. you have to buy things from the FREE MARKET. ironically, forza 3 and gt5 are not realistic at all because their economies do not suffer from recessions and high risk banking that capitalism is well known for.

you know what the solution is? mario kart. mario kart allows the player every kart at access, which a strong focus on liberalism to enhance the players freedoms and rights. in mario kart the production of karts is decided by society itself, leading to a happier place.

SuperEnemyCrab said:

Sorry forgot I was in the PC thread for Forza v. GT Clearly when someone is saying that GT has a leg up due to the compatibility with the G25/G27 line they are in the realm of the consoles. I am well aware that there are pedal sets that cost 400$ alone for PC's. You can build a near perfect cockpit on a PC, but consoles, the list for fully supported wheels is a much smaller pool. And for the price point and compatibility, G25 ftw.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
jett said:
GT5 running in a higher resolution and displaying double the amount of cars than Forza 3 are facts.

Resolution and more cars = better gameplay.

/rolleyes

H_Prestige said:
:lol

It's cool if you think otherwise. No need to get your feelings hurt though.

I'll still make the point about GT screenshots looking better and processed videos of one car looking better. The question is why does Forza look better and not dull in actual gameplay videos?

You can talk about numbers all you want but until we see something from GT 5 gameplay that matches the gamersyde FM3 gameplay videos then I don't think there is room to talk of numbers that don't prove a thing.

It's that simple

Chinner said:
gran tusimo and forza 3 are actually designed to brain wash children into becoming CAPITALISTS. you have to buy things from the FREE MARKET. ironically, forza 3 and gt5 are not realistic at all because their economies do not suffer from recessions and high risk banking that capitalism is well known for.

you know what the solution is? mario kart. mario kart allows the player every kart at access, which a strong focus on liberalism to enhance the players freedoms and rights. in mario kart the production of karts is decided by society itself, leading to a happier place.

"rubber-banding," as it is so termed by reactionaries, is actually a way to help the third world (racers who did not start out early or get good items, as opposed to the racers in front, who are nations which regressed through industrialization and exploitation of natural resources of other nations through imperialism)

no other game includes this revolutionary thinking feature

put forza and gt against the wall for the sake of the mario kart juche

shinnn

KHarvey16 said:
The wheels on the road thing was a problem in earlier builds that's been fixed, according to che.

it's a problem that occurs in one or two frames in the Ferrari videos.

GT5 colision problems is all the time :D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Slayer-33 said:
Resolution and more cars = better gameplay.

/rolleyes
He didn't say that. Can you read?

Maybe you should stop rolling your eyes and focus them on the moonspeak characters that display themselves on the monitor in front of which you have so graciously sat.

KHarvey16

gutterboy44 said:
Sorry forgot I was in the PC thread for Forza v. GT Clearly when someone is saying that GT has a leg up due to the compatibility with the G25/G27 line they are in the realm of the consoles. I am well aware that there are pedal sets that cost 400$ alone for PC's. You can build a near perfect cockpit on a PC, but consoles, the list for fully supported wheels is a much smaller pool. And for the price point and compatibility, G25 ftw.

Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel is better than the G25 or the G27 and only $20 more than the latter. You can use it on PC, XBox360 or PS3.

You can even keep your G25 pedals.

shinnn said:
it's a problem that occurs in one or two frames in the Ferrari videos.

We don't know what build that was from though.

Akira

jett said:
GT5 running in a higher resolution and displaying double the amount of cars than Forza 3 are facts.

I wonder how GT5 is able to do this? Besides PD being gods in their craft of course. Has PD ever divulged anything about their physics engine? Turn 10 seems proud of their 360 FPS refresh rate of their physics engine, suggesting perhaps that their competition isn't doing the same.

Top Bottom