• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jared

Gamespot said:
Score: 8.8

reggie_shrug.jpg

"Not my problem."

8.jpg

". . OH. . . Wait a minute. . "

reggie.jpg

:(

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
even if this score were the most erroneous thing ever typed into the internets, it would never be able to compete with the embarrassment that is some people's reaction to it.

i'll be honest: i'm surprised at the score. but i don't know about all this. it's all pretty malicious.

Defcon

Banned
Mana Knight said:
At first I was angry at him, until I bought Super Mario Sunshine and realized it was a disgrace to Mario. I would have given the game a 5/10. He gave Ratchet & Clank a higher review that year, which was superior.

:lol Get that shit outta here. That's the second time you've pimped a Sony game in this thread. Go back to playing "one of the best action games of all time" in Genji 2. :lol

Pimpbaa

ferrarimanf355 said:
Everybody who's bitching about this review are probably a bunch of 35 year olds who never had sex, much less a date, in their lives, and are probably living out of their parent's basement, going upstairs only to take a shit and eat pizza and soda.

Would you stop stalking me and peeking in my basement window! It's really starting to creep me out.

Gigglepoo

I don't really care about the score. People can have their own opinions. But I tried to read the whole review to see why he rated it such and, well, failed. It's just really boring. I wouldn't mind a solid critique, but this guy has yet to master entertaining English.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Alkaliine said:
Man I love all the Sony/Microsoft fanboys who come in here and act like Gerstmann is the only reviewer to speak the truth. :lol

For one to say they appreciate Jeff sharing his honest opinion, doesn't mean they believe other reviewers haven't shared their own.

Sullichin

ferrarimanf355 said:
Everybody who's bitching about this review are probably a bunch of 35 year olds who never had sex, much less a date, in their lives, and are probably living out of their parent's basement, going upstairs only to take a shit and eat pizza and soda.

I will be sorely dissapointed in GS if they re-rate this.

WTF? I agree people are overreacting about the score, but why do you feel the need to make such an insult? WTF does any of that have to do with anything? You're a goddamned idiot.

Ah, the Nintendo review effect. It usually takes a mix of fanboys from more than one camp to get PS3 or 360 game review threads to bloom like this, but Nintendo fans can pull this shit off all by themselves without even breaking a sweat.

noizbot

Reviews are only opinions, and opinions are utterly subjective and you can't really fault a person for their opinion. I mean, you can disagree with the opinion but that's about the extent of it, right?

I have no idea yet how good Zelda:TP is, yet. I'll know in a few weeks when I finish the game myself. It does seem more than abundantly apparent, simply noting the 9.6 that Gerstmann gave GTA:SA, that his opinions are no longer relevant to me.

Greg still rocks though, Ricardo is my kind of weird niche guy and I've grown to respect Rich Gallup for his ability to maintain cohesion in the video stuff they do, but the number of active reviewers that I feel I can trust (by which I mean approaching games from a perspective that's relevant to me) seems to be dwindling at gamespot.

Anyway.. if people have a problem with the review the solution is to find someone that you identify with and listen just to them. It's really the only way.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Diddy Kong Racing (6.6) is, in my opinion, the most absurd GS score of all-time. Who was behind that one? GERSTMANN!!

Ravager61 said:
Yeah, it really takes balls to be a biased piece of shit.
That's how I feel about irrational Nintendo fans that affirm their life based upon review scores and public perception of their favorite company rather than just playing games because they're fun.

as soon as I read Gertsmann, I decided not continue any further in this thread and just fast forward right here

I didn't read the review, I don't know what he said, but I guarantee that he picked up on something that bugged him and started ranting on and on an repeat that issue

Nacho Gertsmann is the reviewer with an issue.... if there is one issue that goes up his ass, he will bring down the points just for an issue or complaint

chase

AltogetherAndrews said:
Ah, the Nintendo review effect. It usually takes a mix of fanboys from more than one camp to get PS3 or 360 game review threads to bloom like this, but Nintendo fans can pull this shit off all by themselves without even breaking a sweat.

I like your avatar.

btrboyev

Sadly, this thread reaffirms all the preconceived notions I had about Nintendo fans...
I think most just happen to be ZELDA fans..the score makes no sense at all considering everybody else has said this is the best zelda ever.

Surreal

I think Gamespot went a little too far this time. We all know Zelda is an excellent game, I don't know what their problem is.

edit; Legendary thread.

FightyF

Banned
Ravager61 said:
Yeah, it really takes balls to be a biased piece of shit.

He's got balls for telling it like it is.

Zelda is great game. So great it deserves an 8.8 score.

But not better than Gears of War.

Lobster

Banned
gutter_trash said:
as soon as I read Gertsmann, I decided not continue any further in this thread and just fast forward right here

I didn't read the review, I don't know what he said, but I guarantee that he picked up on something that bugged him and started ranting on and on an repeat that issue

Nacho Gertsmann is the reviewer with an issue.... if there is one issue that goes up his ass, he will bring down the points just for an issue or complaint

..He said the controls felt tacked on..Yet everyone else says the controls are meant for TP..No offense but isn't this considered a troll?

Grecco

1.Sony bots and Xbots go watch gamespots wii show again please. Go Watch that trainwreck of a show

2.Every other website of reasonable journalistic integrity has given Zelda awesome scores, its just this guy.

I wouldnt have a problem with the score, if there were more scores like it. But there just arent. Theres a Bunch of great scores, and then this. So either Jeff knows something the World Doesnt know, or his review just sucks

So sorry i dont see why this Review is acceptable at all. And if its just his "opinion" then he can do it in some blog or something not as the Gamespot opinion on the game. its pathetic really

this thread neeeds more photoshops btw :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom