• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speiseeis

3h left and now THIS! Perfect news for today.

A gif of this one including the fireworks would be nice:

4TWeh.jpg

X26

Banned
the kaz disc stamping is up there with kutaragi e3 crate as far as funniest industry personality gifs go :lol

Guys, guys, guys....lets calm down. Can we really trust this source? I'm sorry I'm not getting excited until I have that sweet blu-ray in my hands.

Racer30

TylerD said:
I am with you. I am sitting here on day 2 of my GT5-less vacation. I am excited but until I have that CE box in my hands and I am on my way home from the shop I am going to continue to be cautiously optimistic.

Me too! :lol

I took the week off work to play GT5 with my new playseat..

TylerD

I see no reason to doubt Jalopnik. They are one of the two automotive blogs that I visit on a daily basis (autoblog.com being the other) and they are at SEMA. I consider their information to be very credible.

Crayon

commedieu said:
I don't know whats wrong. I'd usually be jumping for joy at a moment like this. I don't know if I'm alone, but fuck kaz, fuck sony, and fuck gran turismo...
until its in my disc tray
. Can't keep shooting myself in the foot over getting excited about this. Its sad to say I - as a 27 year old man - was severely bummed when they delayed it.. since I already booked this vacation week... again.. sad sad life....

Don't get sad. Get hype. Gt5 will fix ur life. I'm get hype; am happy. C?

immakingyouhappy.jpg

UFRA

@@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES

YES YES YSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:D :D :D :D

I want to believe! Come on, secondary source confirmation!!!!!

Also, :lol ^nth degree with the gifs and pics in this thread. Brilliant

GavinGT

Banned
He means that they're stamping the top part of the disks with the disk art now, so that they'll be ready for when they eventually put the game data on the bottom side.

AndyD

aka andydumi
theignoramus said:
I`ll celebrate when the game is on shelves.

I am saving my celebration gif for when i have it in hand. Plus the gif kills my bandwidth for the month in a couple of hours of GAF.

Wouldn't there be an official press release or something when a game goes gold? I always see "X has gone gold" on gamespot and other gaming sites when this happens, so I call BS.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Lion Heart said:
Wouldn't there be an official press release or something when a game goes gold? I always see "X has gone gold" on gamespot and other gaming sites when this happens, so I call BS.
Unless that pic in the OP is Yamauchi shamayallanmaning us it's true brah

Other sites are probably busy trying to confirm it now so there should be more on it later

dwebo

GavinGT said:
He means that they're stamping the top part of the disks with the disk art now, so that they'll be ready for when they eventually put the game data on the bottom side.
Not sure if you're joking, but since you're not the first to bring this up, I did some googling. I couldn't find anything specifically on blu-ray manufacturing, but here's wikipedia on CDs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc_manufacturing#Testing

It looks like the label is pretty much the last part of the production process - which makes sense, why waste the ink on bad discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom