• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

Bryan Fuller says Hannibal could still return, talks Silence Of The Lambs casting

In several of the interviews, Fuller said producer Martha de Laurentiis is currently looking into a number of possibilities, including taking to Kickstarter to finance a feature film followup to Hannibal’s three seasons. That would allow him, as he told HitFix, “to return this cast to the big screen from whence they came, and Hannibal Lecter to the big screen from whence he came. It seems perfectly symmetrical.” Though he also called the odds of either a movie or an actual fourth season on another platform “less than 50/50, and not in our favor,” he still stressed that he remains hopeful it will happen, potentially as soon as a year or two from now.

Awww yeah, getting grassroots (maybe lololol ;( )

-griffy-

Banned
I know it's unfair being that those scenes weren't ever meant to play against each other like that, and the performances within them weren't ever meant to bounce off the performers in the other films - but jesus every time it cuts to Hopkins and Norton, it just dies.

Yeah, it also really illustrates how much of a cartoon his Lecter had become at that point in the series. And I love how the scene progresses and Manhunter/Red Dragon both remain in the cell, yet Hannibal suddenly shifts to Lecter's office, to the location of the murder, to Will naked covered in blood looking at the moon. There's a wee bit more visually going on in Hannibal compared to the other adaptations :p

Perhaps a DVD only release? That tweet mentions DVD, not Blu Ray.

Fear mongering resumed.

People use DVD as a catch all term for home video release all the time.

People use DVD as a catch all term for home video release all the time.

Of course, but sometimes TV shows only get released only as DVDs, even ones that previously put out Blu Rays, so as far as I'm concerned a S3 Blu Ray release remains unconfirmed. Hope and fear linger on.

Kevin

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/638783813116653572

Can we stop with the fucking fear mongering that there won't be a season 3 Blu ray now?

Fuck.

Kept strolling down the list and only saw mentions of DVD. Will be super disappointed if there is no Blu-Ray release. Shitty. It's 2015 and a lot companies and consumers still won't support Blu-Ray. No Z Nation blu-ray, looks like no iZombie blu-ray despite originally being announced for the format, etc. Really lame and lazy. I know Z Nation got a Blu-Ray release in other countries. Just not here in America.

Anyways still hoping that a Blu-Ray version will be released to complete my set.

This was super cool, but I agree with Plasticine--if all we had to go was this clip (I need to rewatch Red Dragon), I'd put Mads>Cox>Hopkins, easy.

I know judging by that clip alone is unfair, though. Maybe I'll watch it and SotL back-to-back, I don't remember him being that hammy (and so nasally!). Kinda like an evil Brando.

Regardless, I still love seeing how the lines are used across each version! Hope he does more.

AoM

Manhunter music..
emote_07.png

Great vid, and it's always funny to see how nonthreatening Hopkins is because of his age.

ezekial45

Banned

Yeah, Hopikns just doesn't hold up at all. He's still great in SOTL and Hannibal (the movie), but that's it. After this series, Mads is now my definitive interpretation of the character. He was just incredible, and I think this will hold up well decades from now.

With that said, Manhunter still holds up quite well. I feel like one of the great things about this series is that people are giving more appreciation to Cox's performance. He was really great, given how limited a role he had. I'm glad that Fuller appreciates the movie as well. I got a kick out of seeing Mads do the phone scene, and it definitely felt like it was channeling Manhunter .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuD9_Axxp1o

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So I still don't get how Hannibal was able to not only get up after being shot, but then help Will wrestle and kill Mr. D.

Of course, but sometimes TV shows only get released only as DVDs, even ones that previously put out Blu Rays, so as far as I'm concerned a S3 Blu Ray release remains unconfirmed. Hope and fear linger on.

Kept strolling down the list and only saw mentions of DVD. Will be super disappointed if there is no Blu-Ray release. Shitty. It's 2015 and a lot companies and consumers still won't support Blu-Ray. No Z Nation blu-ray, looks like no iZombie blu-ray despite originally being announced for the format, etc. Really lame and lazy. I know Z Nation got a Blu-Ray release in other countries. Just not here in America.

Anyways still hoping that a Blu-Ray version will be released to complete my set.
Unless something definitive is announced, there is no reason to keep this up. As someone who wants the Blu-ray as badly as you do, please stop.

Oh I so need to rewatch Manhunter.

AHA-Lambda

Just watched the last episode, to be honest, wasn't a fan, and it was a great summation of Season 3's problems to me; most namely, this season relied far too much on overly flowery dialogue and visuals.

But my big problem, and I'm sure many will not agree with me, is Will. I just never bought his arc of becoming corrupted, and his "relationship" with hannibal becoming one of love just got to ludicrous levels for me. I wanted someone to give him a slap and some perspective frankly.

My wife and I tried the first episode this season and just wasn't feeling it. I know it's hard to judge from just one episode but it felt like new location and Hannibal being Hannibal. Seem to spend a ton of time on imagery of the "food" and locations. Just felt off and honestly made me question if this season is worth our time.

What's the overall concensus for this season?

anaron

Just watched the last episode, to be honest, wasn't a fan, and it was a great summation of Season 3's problems to me; most namely, this season relied far too much on overly flowery dialogue and visuals.

But my big problem, and I'm sure many will not agree with me, is Will. I just never bought his arc of becoming corrupted, and his "relationship" with hannibal becoming one of love just got to ludicrous levels for me. I wanted someone to give him a slap and some perspective frankly.

same here.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Geeze, Hopkins' face is menacing as fuck. His scenes were the worst of the three but that dude can put on one hell of a "don't mess with me" face. Of the three, he's the only one that if he came walking my way down an alley way I'd turn around.

The video also reminded me of how dark Hannibal is. I guess I can adjust my TV now that's over. I currently have the brightness pumped to the max so I could see what was going on.

Akahige

Goddamn what a way to end the show, the song, the glorious two on one fight, blood in the moonlight.

The after credit scene was something else though, I guess the set up for Season 4. The shot of her leg was so damn dark, I could barely make out that it wasn't there.

Brian Reitzel hopefully will move on to American Gods with Fuller, I'll miss not having his beautiful sounds on the airwaves.

My wife and I tried the first episode this season and just wasn't feeling it. I know it's hard to judge from just one episode but it felt like new location and Hannibal being Hannibal. Seem to spend a ton of time on imagery of the "food" and locations. Just felt off and honestly made me question if this season is worth our time.

What's the overall concensus for this season?

Season picks up after the first two or so episodes--some say four.

Monocle

Great finale.

Until the final three minutes.

What over-indulgent, murder-glorifying, character assassinating bullshit.
I thought the consensus was that that scene is the logical conclusion of Will's character arc, at least up to the current point in the story. That's definitely how I felt, anyway.

Also, this show has been "glorifying" murder since Season 1, if glorifying means representing death as art, as Hannibal would perceive it. That final scene was perfect.

Goodstyle

One's enjoyment of the finale rests entirely on his or her's investment in Will and Hannibal's love story. I did not buy that Hannibal loved Will, all of his actions indicated that he got thrills out of torturing him, but love did not seem to be the vibe I was receiving at all. I got this weird sense though, that the show wanted me to be rooting for Hannibal and Will to end up together, which is ludicrous because Hannibal is a sadist who doesn't care about the well-being of Will.

Meanwhile, Will's arc was something I thought was supposed to be about resisting Hannibal and overcoming his sickness, but instead he gave in and it was treated as a moment of triumph. Hannibal killed Abigail and almost had his whole family slaughtered, so for Will to give in like that, even for a moment, it just felt false. It felt like something he wouldn't do at this point, and if it is, then I guess he wasn't really a character worth investing in.

Said it before and I'll say it again, but Digestivo was the perfect finale for the show. Almost every major character had a role, and Will got to tell Hannibal to fuck off once and for all with Hannibal getting one last troll in along the way. The perfect conclusion for each of the characters IMO.

Monocle

Hannibal has a paradoxical mind. For him, there's no contradiction between love and cruelty. Throughout the series, he courts Will in the language of violence. Eventually Will starts to court him back, though his motives are ambiguous.

Top Bottom