• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeless-age

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NO! I HAS NO HOME!

Please someone supply me with a place to stay in the Southern California area, if you don't have available female roommates don't waste my time. Also a job opportunity at the local pizza shop is a plus.

mrkgoo said:
To be honest, we had them all the time when I was younger. Except it was more being geeky.

We watched Anime and played Magic the Gathering and Battletech.
Super Smash Bros. all the way baby.

And when Melee came out? Oh yeah. Good times.

Stayed up all night playing that shit--there was no slumber going on at our parties.

mrkgoo

Ignis Fatuus said:
Super Smash Bros. all the way baby.

And when Melee came out? Oh yeah. Good times.

Stayed up all night playing that shit--there was no slumber going on at our parties.

There was no N64 in my day. We played the mutliplayer game that came with Mario 3 on Mario All Stars. Now that I think about it, that's like a forerunner of Smash Brothers.

MorisUkunRasik said:
OH NO! I HAS NO HOME!

Please someone supply me with a place to stay in the Southern California area, if you don't have available female roommates don't waste my time. Also a job opportunity at the local pizza shop is a plus.

.....that's not funny man

Hey Hurricane, I read this thread and I'm pulling for you man. I remember not too long ago, me, you, and Father Whiskey playing Gears of War 2 multi for days on end. You're a really chill guy and it makes me sick that things like this happen to people like you. I'm getting ready to pack up all my shit and strike out on my own as well, but I can't imagine not having the support of family. I've strayed from religion a long time ago, but today I was planning on praying for the first time in a while to ask for a blessing on finding a job and happiness in future endeavors. But you know what man, I'm praying for you and you only man. You need it way more than I do. I wanna see your ass back on XBL before MW2 comes out. Take care Jesus.

Druz

Some alarm systems aren't as easy as putting in a code to turn it off. Even shitty ones notify the owner when you've input it before or after closing s make sure the cops don't show up...

I don't know why he's not accepting soultrons helping hand, it comes off as being slightly guilty. No reason to be humble when the situation doesn't call for it.

soultron

Banned
Druz said:
Some alarm systems aren't as easy as putting in a code to turn it off. Even shitty ones notify the owner when you've input it before or after closing s make sure the cops don't show up...

I don't know why he's not accepting soultrons helping hand, it comes off as being slightly guilty. No reason to be humble when the situation doesn't call for it.
I've told him not to be too proud, but again, it must be intimidating coming into a house full of people you don't know. I can understand that. Also, he's moving very quickly on getting things organized, so he might not even need to stay with me.

In the end, the offer's there if he needs it.

argrajag, I think he's playing the guitar that he found in the shop right now.

AlexMogil

Hey soultron... can I give *you* a couple bucks via paypal? Either give it to him, or maybe use it to offset the care and feeding of Jesus?

Hey, just thought I would check this again before trying to get some sleep. Based on the last couple post, I think I will take soul up on his offer, at least for a couple nights. I don't want to interfere with you or your roomates studies, so as long as you can have me, then it would be nice just to have some people around. Soul and I can discuss it some more tomorrow when we meet.

As for my father, sure, he may say that it is ok for me to stay, but I don't want to now. He told me less than a week ago that I have a place until next april, and then this weeks tells me to get out? I can't have that happening in my last semester. For some reason my family thinks it is ok to fuck with my education, and I have to let them know it isn't.

When I made this thread, I was upset and sitting in the library. I thought it would die quickly, but I just wanted to get it out. I am glad it turned out the way it did. I know things are going to be ok. They may get worse before they get better, but they are going to get better.

Talk to you guys tomorrow.

HurricaneJesus said:
Hey, just thought I would check this again before trying to get some sleep. Based on the last couple post, I think I will take soul up on his offer, at least for a couple nights. I don't want to interfere with you or your roomates studies, so as long as you can have me, then it would be nice just to have some people around. Soul and I can discuss it some more tomorrow when we meet.

As for my father, sure, he may say that it is ok for me to stay, but I don't want to now. He told me less than a week ago that I have a place until next april, and then this weeks tells me to get out? I can't have that happening in my last semester. For some reason my family thinks it is ok to fuck with my education, and I have to let them know it isn't.

When I made this thread, I was upset and sitting in the library. I thought it would die quickly, but I just wanted to get it out. I am glad it turned out the way it did. I know things are going to be ok. They may get worse before they get better, but they are going to get better.

They'll get better with everybody hear around and you keep on fighting!
Night HJ, hope things go well when you and soultron meet!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
AlexMogil said:
Hey soultron... can I give *you* a couple bucks via paypal? Either give it to him, or maybe use it to offset the care and feeding of Jesus?
this is amazing.

AlexMogil said:

Ditto. Let me know via PM, Soultron. Your next big mac is on me Jesus.

mrkgoo

AlexMogil said:

Soultron, I think he's adorable. You should definitely keep him.

I'll send you some fresh newspaper to lay down.

LogicStep

HurricaneJesus said:

I think it would be best for you to take Soul on his offer, it would do you good to meet some people that are willing to help you, those kind of people, like Soul, aren't that plentiful in the real world so who knows, they might end up becoming your good friends.

About your family, do what you gotta do man, don't look back and keep on marching towards your goals, don't let them fuck with your future. You will one day make a family of your own and you will make sure to provide a good family atmosphere for your kids so they never have to go through the same thing.

I'm rooting for you man, everything will be fine with your determination and the help of good people like Soul and his roomates you will be fine.

yuna55

HurricaneJesus said:

Of course things could always get worse, but fuck, look at everything you've already lived through, man. This is just another step in the right direction, even if it is hard now. I've had to cut family out of my life, and years later I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Some people never change and you either accept it and deal with them or gtfo and live your own life, happy and self-fulfilled.

Good luck to you man. Totally cliche but it all happens for a reason. Keep us updated and let us know if you need anything.

Az

fuck I am proud of GAF at the moment. i have family that wouldn't take me if i was homeless...
HJ i hope you get through this alright, finish school and find a good job...
soultron, you are the man, man.... =) we need more people out there like you

and HJ i know you dont want to take any money, but i have some money on my paypal just laying around, i wouldn;t mind sending it over...

Acid08

Banned
Silent_Echo said:
No, I got my tag because I'm not a bleeding heart liberal like most gaffers here that cry foul everytime police officers use force because they chose not to understand why the police officers were justified in doing the things that they did.

Instead they cry fuck the police and how all officers abuse their authority without understanding what they can and can't legally do.
You're a fucking idiot. Being a decent person doesn't mean you're a bleeding heart liberal.

agrajag

Banned
Wow, Soultron is a true hero.

It warms my heart to know that if I'm ever down on my luck, there will be some gaffer out there willing to take me in.
probably not

agrajag said:
Wow, Soultron is a true hero.

It warms my heart to know that if I'm ever down on my luck, there will be some gaffer out there willing to take me in.
probably not

(neutral) agrajag
Unofficial Forum Fellator
(Today, 12:44 AM)

I'm not so sure about that . . .

daycru

Just hang in there. Try your best to concentrate on school. Make appointments with your professors to talk one on one during their office hours, you should be able to get a little leeway with due dates on some assignments and such. If you go to a bigger school there should be plenty of rooms for rent. I was in the same exact spot you are. I rented the basement of an old dude's house. I had no money so I was put in charge of his big ass garden, I busted ass working on that in lieu of first month's rent.

Not every one has an easy road. It's up to you to forge a new path of your own creation.

Petrie

Banned
If you were close by I'd offer to take you in/help you out, but being in Upstate NY that doesn't seem likely.

All the best though, and it really is nice to see GAF have a heart with all the crap that gets spewed here.

agrajag

Banned
HurricaneJesus said:
(neutral) agrajag
Unofficial Forum Fellator
(Today, 12:44 AM)

I'm not so sure about that . . .

Based on the above, why WOULDN'T someone wanna take me in??? Fuck, I would take me in!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Honestly, here I was bitching about shit because I couldn't finish doing some work on my car and it killed my day. But I feel like a dick, because it could be so much worse, and not worth getting pissy over.

Soultron or HJ, please post a Paypal account of some sort. I would like to donate at least a few bucks to help HJ out.

And HJ: Once you start living with Soul, do the dishes and clean up around the house just to carry your weight and make your presence felt. Good luck!

soultron

Banned
I was hesitant to start a paypal thing, but now since HJ is going to stay with me for a few days, I'll agree to do it.

However, as I've PM'd someone about already, I don't have a working PP account right now since I changed CCs. I only have a PP account linked to my CC, so will that work? Or does that only allow me to make outward payments?

Another thing. I don't want my CC number floating on the internet now. Haha.

I'll try to get something working, but I'm a total douche when it comes to paypal.

HJ and I will update you guys tomorrow after we do the Boston Pizza thing, I guess. Anyhow, I'm going to drink my 4 Monster energy dranks and try to destroy this exam tomorrow.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
soultron said:
I was hesitant to start a paypal thing, but now since HJ is going to stay with me for a few days, I'll agree to do it.

However, as I've PM'd someone about already, I don't have a working PP account right now since I changed CCs. I only have a PP account linked to my CC, so will that work? Or does that only allow me to make outward payments?

Another thing. I don't want my CC number floating on the internet now. Haha.

I'll try to get something working, but I'm a total douche when it comes to paypal.

HJ and I will update you guys tomorrow after we do the Boston Pizza thing, I guess. Anyhow, I'm going to drink my 4 Monster energy dranks and try to destroy this exam tomorrow.

Link it to your bank account, that way you can deposit the money right into it. Or ask HJ if he has one. If he's hesitant, force the motherfucker to give it to you or else "no roof for you!" :p

Asmodai

Banned
tokkun said:
I know you're trying to be a good samaritan, but isn't it kind of a dick move to invite a total stranger to stay in your apartment and lie to your roommates to say that he's a friend? Don't you owe your roommates the truth about a decision that could affect their safety?

Yep. Telling your roommates the truth is the only acceptable way to do things.

If they're not comfortable with you inviting a person over who you only know from the internet, that's their right. If they're paying for the room, they have a part in that.

On the other hand, Soultron has the best intentions out there, but good intentions alone can still cause problems.

soultron

Banned
Looks like the paypal thing won't be working for me. It takes 3-5 days to verify since PP has to make small deposits to my bank account.

Linkzg said:
We are two steps away from sitting in a circle and singing Heal the World. It's a good thing.

This right here can heal the world:
hs7rxu.gif

and Soultron

Chromax

If you ever get the paypal thing sorted out, I'd be down to donate some money!

Btw who was it that used GAF's money on a DS? :lol

This thread is awesome.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be abandoned by family like that, but you seem like a smart guy who knows what's best for himself, I'm sure you'll get back on your feet again. Props to Soultron for helping HJ out.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Neverender said:

I got a place for the next couple of nights but I am just waiting until Thursday when my medical study starts and then I can get like 5,000 dollars to rent out an apartment for like 10 months. What part of town do you live in?

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
soultron said:
If you need a place to store shit, you can use my place.

I'd like to offer you a place to stay, but I'd have to discuss it with my roommates first.

EDIT: I have an exam tomorrow until 530, but I can go to BP with you and personally speak to one of the managers for you and then have you talk to them. Do you have any restaurant experience?

EDIT2: I have some friends who might be looking for housemates, as well.

You're a great guy Soultron. It's nice to see people being kind and generous like this.

soultron

Banned
I like how this is turning into GAF-helping-GAF.

Okay, with the help of Rayme, I've managed to get my paypal linked to my bank account. What's the next step? Where do I go to for the link that I need to post here for you guys?

EDIT: Sorry guys, but as I mentioned before, I'm terrible with paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom