• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liars of the Night: DS Horror from Sadness High School Art Club (Scam Exposed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raist

Banned
DavidDayton said:
The thing is... if he IS doing art for them (in theory), I can see someone grabbing his art and using it for promo art. It's dishonest, but it's not the same as swiping something from a stranger... this doesn't necessarily disprove Nibris being an actual development team, but it does make it.... more odd.

Huh. It's way more than dishonest. This artist having made some work for them doesn't excuse the fact that they took some of his previous work, cropped it, and used it as some new game material when in fact it was completely unrelated.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
I just want to say, that artist is pretty shit hot. Nice work tiger.

Nibris, on the other hand, are one big shit. One. Big Shit.

Go go GAF PD.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Raist said:
Huh. It's way more than dishonest. This artist having made some work for them doesn't excuse the fact that they took some of his previous work, cropped it, and used it as some new game material when in fact it was completely unrelated.

I'm just extending the strangers the benefit of the doubt that they might be stupid, as opposed to attempting to outright deceive.

sp0rsk said:
That doesn't look like a Wii or DS title.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
DavidDayton said:
I'm just extending the strangers the benefit of the doubt that they might be stupid, as opposed to attempting to outright deceive.

That doesn't look like a Wii or DS title.

It could be! Remember, its all about theoreticals!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
sp0rsk said:
It could be! Remember, its all about theoreticals!

You have a finished product, though... how are you ever going to get published THAT way?

(Looks for his old adventure game source code.)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
One of the people on my MSN list still does not believe me he is trying to defend it and says "It happens all the time". He still believes in Nibris

Bwa ha ha

This isn't even high school, this is more like junior high shenanigans. Oh blessed internet era, where people can make supreme jackasses of themselves with a few simple lies.

To the nameless artist: You are very, very good. You should hook up with a company that's going somewhere.

Borys

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
To the nameless artist: You are very, very good. You should hook up with a company that's going somewhere.

He is doing lots of things, for example covers for fantasy/ sci-fi books. But yeah, imagine if BioWare or Bethesda picked him up. How awesome would that be?

Hell, even Blizzard knows his art.

This was posted on Blizzard's page, in the fan art section:

889502.jpg

Rezbit

Jesus Crysis Borys, that image is amazing. I wish I was that talented and could get paid for doing that sort of stuff.

Acosta

Well, I feel a bit dissapointed.

So far, we still don´t know if Nibris is a real studio or not, but this (fantastic) artist says that he has done stuff for them, so that means there is something called Nibris that can pay an artist for his work.

And then we have Cubed that got this wrong (thing that can happen to any page).

But at this point we still don´t know if Nibris, Sadness... ara real and if it will be released as a actual game or not.

However, excellent detective skills. Bravo.

yilmazz

Borys said:
Man, we really kicked ass this time.

sp0rsk and Borys

Japanese-Polish coalition.

FUCK YEAH

No credit for me. :'(
But yeah, threads like this are the reason why gaf is so awesome. :D

Haunted

yilmazz said:
you did fine.

GAF sleuths, I salute you!

If the NeoGAF development team doesn't work out, we can always fall back on our P.I. agency.

Borys

Banned
yilmazz said:

Aww shit, you started all this, how could I forgot!

We can say that our trio kicked some vapourware Nibris asses!

Acosta said:
Well, I feel a bit dissapointed.

So far, we still don´t know if Nibris is a real studio or not, but this (fantastic) artist says that he has done stuff for them, so that means there is something called Nibris that can pay an artist for his work.

And then we have Cubed that got this wrong (thing that can happen to any page).

But at this point we still don´t know if Nibris, Sadness... ara real and if it will be released as a actual game or not.

However, excellent detective skills. Bravo.
I don't do this very often, but for you I will use my patented SEGATAVISION to look into the future and reveal the answers to all of your questions.

No. To all of them.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Eric P said:
that's odd

i sent you one yesterday and haven't gotten a response either.

That's because I asked and didn't really get an answer, which would probably be no anyway.

Rezbit

Well, sure there are still some questions to be answered, but hey, at least that means the saga continues!

Part one complete, now to wait for the sequels...coming 2007/2008?

jesusraz

It's been cleared up now - I just received an email explaining the mistake (that the images shouldn't have been sent to me, and even in sending them they should have been marked as 'private, not for public viewing').

I'm going to remove the images and write a news piece explaining why they've gone. And for reference, Piotr is indeed still with Nibris.

Congrats GAF for getting to the root of this. Saves further errors from occurring! I'm still rather annoyed at being fed wrong information, but hey, nothing I can do about that now except tidy things up.

Raist

Banned
jesusraz said:
It's been cleared up now - I just received an email explaining the mistake (that the images shouldn't have been sent to me, and even in sending them they should have been marked as 'private, not for public viewing').

And I guess they were "recycled" and cropped as a result of a mistake, also ? :p

Saitou

Banned
jesusraz said:

I'm going to remove the images and write a news piece explaining why they've gone. And for reference, Piotr is indeed still with Nibris.

Congrats GAF for getting to the root of this. Saves further errors from occurring! I'm still rather annoyed at being fed wrong information, but hey, nothing I can do about that now except tidy things up.
But let me guess, you'll still continue to act as Nibris' press release sites through your forums?

Borys

Banned
jesusraz said:

The real Jesus weeps because of your username and actions.

impirius

jesusraz said:

It's okay. You can let go. We're here to help you through this.

E-phonk

Banned
Acosta said:
that means there is something called Nibris that can pay an artist for his work.
Does it? Who says he isn't just a nice guy who draws stuff anyways and is willing to make some drawings for them on request?

jesusraz said:

You still act like they are a real, bonafide game developer that can live up to it's claims though. I hope this makes you at least a bit more sceptic.

Acosta

Segata Sanshiro said:
I don't do this very often, but for you I will use my patented SEGATAVISION to look into the future and reveal the answers to all of your questions.

No. To all of them.

I can guess too, but my problem is that there is still nothing definitive. Of course I have no confidence in a studio that says "we are going to show stuff at GC" and doesn´t appear.

But now be even have a talented guy that affirm to have worked for them, which I find weird at least.

The "mistake" is, of course, a weak excuse, but I would have liked something more definitive.

Time will say I suppose.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Acosta said:
But now be even have a talented guy that affirm to have worked for them, which I find weird at least.

I think clarifying the nature of how this working relationship is conducted would further clarify the situation (and likely, the lack of credibility on behalf of Nibris). Is he paid? Does he work at offices? Does he just email someone work? etc.

I don't think there's much to investigate though..I think it's pretty clear what the story is, at least as far as the credibility of the people behind 'Nibris' is concerned.

jesusraz

The art shouldn't have been sent to me in the first place...and failing that, it should have at least been marked 'not for publication', rather than 'here's some art for you!' :/ Never mind...you live, you learn, you grow ever sceptical.

Borys

Banned
gofreak said:
I think clarifying the nature of how this working relationship is conducted would further clarify the situation (and likely, the lack of credibility on behalf of Nibris). Is he paid? Does he work at offices? Does he just email someone work? etc.

I don't think there's much to investigate though..I think it's pretty clear what the story is, at least as far as the credibility of the people behind 'Nibris' is concerned.

He's a freelance artist, he doesn't work at their offices.

That's assuming they have any offices at all.

jesusraz said:
The art shouldn't have been sent to me in the first place...and failing that, it should have at least been marked 'not for publication', rather than 'here's some art for you!' :/ Never mind...you live, you learn, you grow ever sceptical.
Dude, they're playing the shit out of you.

It's like you're acting out a macabre stage show inspired by the phrase "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". I understand it's cool to have exclusives that no one else gets, but these guys are full of shit and as a result you are getting shit splashed all over you and your site. Just walk away.

PkunkFury

jesusraz said:

why would it be 'not for publication' when it is already published on Deviant Art? You aren't making any sense!!!

this thread just affirms my suspicions that Nibris is Drinky Crow and Sadness is the biggest troll on gullible Nintendo fans ever

E-phonk

Banned
jesusraz said:
They are playing with your balls, and I don't mean in the sexy, erotic kind of way. They are taking pictures of your balls and printing them out all over the schoolyard having all the kids laugh at you, and while you think it makes you popular, the only thing it really does is giving them street credibility to those too dumb to see that taking pictures of other peoples balls isn't all that funny or hard to do, and it certainly doesn't make them artists.

Zenith

Banned
jesusraz said:

doesn't explain the cropping. of course, Nibris couldn't possibly be lieing in order to convince you to still run their stories...

Jme

This thread delivers! Best read I've had all week.

That said, this artist is fucking amazing and should move to America or Japan and get a job with a real company.

Hammer24

Banned
Borys said:
But yeah, imagine if BioWare or Bethesda picked him up. How awesome would that be?

That would be SO AWESOME!
If, aside from all the laughter, this thread would only help one cause: that this guy gets noticed and picked up by some REAL studio - the world would be a better place. :)

Saitou

Banned
Whoever wins, Cubed3 lose. I can't imagine they'll have much credibility left after this fiasco.

I kinda understand why jesusraz refuse to BELIEVE. If Nibris is real, they're off the hook. I wouldn't want to sink my website either.
Sucks either way, but at least we did it for the lulz.

jesusraz

PkunkFury said:
why would it be 'not for publication' when it is already published on Deviant Art? You aren't making any sense!!!

Because it was meant for 'Internal' use only, to give an idea of what he could do for the proposed Children of the Night project.

And yes, walking away seems like good advice...

Gattsu25

Banned
This entire situation was unusual to say the least

still, that artist is incredibly talented. It makes me happy to see such talent

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Makes me wonder if the scam goes deeper - like they're doing it for tax write-offs or something. You start a "company" that regularly makes public "updates" to it's products in development so it seems legit in the government eye. I'm not really sure how that stuff works in Poland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom